Cro Cop to Fight One More Time in UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
mmafighting said:
After Mirko Cro Cop's last fight in the octagon, it was thought he was headed for retirement.

Now it turns out, that was a bit premature.

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday said that Cro Cop asked for and will receive the final agreed-upon fight from his contract at a future date to be determined.

White stated that he and Cro Cop (27-9-2, 1 no decision) had made a deal, and he would "honor my deal." He offered no further details as to when or who he would face in the bout.

Over his last 11 fights, the once-feared heavyweight star is 5-5 with one no contest, and has been knocked unconscious three times in the last four years. Each of his last two fights -- one against Frank Mir, the other against Brendan Schaub -- have ended with Cro Cop KO'd.

After the more recent loss to Schaub, White said at the time that he figured it would be Cro Cop's swan song in the octagon, saying, "Yeah, I'd have to say tonight is probably the last time we'll see Mirko Cro Cop fight." Cro Cop, too, floated the idea of retirement, as he has in the past.

Still, it seems the rough stretch is not enough to persuade Cro Cop from hanging up his gloves, nor is it enough to dissuade White from giving him one final fight.

"Do I think he should have retired? Yeah," White said. "But I don't think he's in one of these situations like Chuck Liddell, who needed to retire right then. He's a man, a grown man, and if he wants to continue to fight, that's his right. And he still has a fight with me."

Slightly old news but has yet to be posted.

I hope that Dana White gives him an easy fight to finish with and tells Cro Cop to keep going for that high kick. Cro Cop should go out with a bang and shouldn't finish with his head hitting the mat again.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
It sounds like good stuff to me. Yeah it's a shame he will retire, but he needs to for his health. The guy simply isn't on the level like other guys anymore and will seriously hurt himself. Give him Pat Barry again, that should give him the win.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Give him Mark Hunt, or better yet, Brock Lesnar. He gets a high profile, marquee opponent and Brock gets a legend to add to his resume.

Give him a fight that would either leave him laying on the canvas or his head held high.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
All I am waiting for is for Cro Cop to finally deliver a devastating head kick in the UFC. Just one time. He was on the receiving end of one and mannnnn that was vicious. But just for him to do it... finally... that would cap off his UFC career with a BANG!

Dademo

Reaction score
All I am waiting for is for Cro Cop to finally deliver a devastating head kick in the UFC. Just one time. He was on the receiving end of one and mannnnn that was vicious. But just for him to do it... finally... that would cap off his UFC career with a BANG!

I'm so sad that never happened :(:(:(

That being said I didn't think he was horrible in the Schaub fight. He did more than I expected him to do. Give him one more fight.