Cricket 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Vernon Philander is a special bowler. Picked up another ten wicket haul in South Africa's nine wicket win against New Zealand in the second test. Took four wickets in the first innings and six wickets in the second. He now has 45 wickets in just six tests with five 5 wicket hauls and two 10 wicket hauls. It takes a class bowler to push Dale Steyn to the number two bowler in the attack.

Australia won the first ODI against West Indies the other day. Only scored 204 but it was enough for a 64 run win, the average first innings score at that ground is 202 so it is a tough batting track. George Bailey debuted and top scored with 48 and Peter Forret showed that he wanted a spot in the test team with 26 from 64 balls. All of the bowlers did well with Doherty taking 4 wickets to lead the way. Next game is at the same ground and is tonight.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I happened to catch the highlights of the first T20 game between New Zealand and South Africa whilst I was waiting for the Motor Racing to come on this morning. And I have to say, it was quite a good game, especially if you're a NZ fan. Guptill hit a few good sixes, especially one which ended up on the roof of the stadium.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I mentioned a special bowler yesterday and today I have to mention a special bowler, Virat Kholi. He has been a fantastic ODI player for a few years now and his recent form is incredible with three hundreds in his last four ODIs and a top score of 183 last night in India's win against Pakistan. Kohli now has 11 centuries, and 21 fifties, from just 82 innings which is one of the best conversion rates. His average is now over 50 as well.

Australia lost the second ODI against West Indies over night. Australia could only score 154 in 40 overs and West Indies chased it down with four wickets and ten balls in hand. The worrying thing is that we are playing every batsmen we have on the tour, there are no more left. I wonder how long the selectors will give Michael Hussey, yes I am still bitter about Ponting's sacking, Hussey has averaged 28 in his last 20 ODIs so why hasn't he been put under the pump? The selectors dumped Ponting because he had a very, very bad run of five ODIs and because they were looking towards the World Cup. Hussey will be too old to make it so why not give someone else a chance.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I heard about the 183 run score and couldn't believe it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was following it online and I wanted him to make it to the end of the innings as it would have meant that he got close to 200. What makes the game more amazing is that both of Pakistan's openers scored centuries as well so it makes it the third time in about two months that a team has lost a ODI even after two players have scored centuries for them. You would think that if two of your players scored centuries in an ODI that you would be a shoe in for victory but it isn't the case.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Who would have thought that heading into the final match of the series that West Indies lead 2-1 with one tie. Pollard played a great innings last game scoring his second ODI hundred at a great pace. Australia dropped Christian and for some reason David Hussey wasn't bowled even though WI scored 294. The batsmen were terrible again with only David Hussey scored runs, as did Brett Lee. I don't know why we keep moving Wade up and down the order, he needs to be top three because he is better at grafting an innings rather than being a pure pinch hitter. Desperately need Clarke back and Ponting back in the side wouldn't hurt either. No changes for the team for the final game which surprised me.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Great game of cricket, I watched the last hour and Aussies escaped to tie the series at 2-2

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was a nice way to finish the series but the bowlers still choked after having West Indies 7-118, we need that killer instinct but the current crop don't have it at the moment.

Fantastic test match finished earlier between Sri Lanka and England. Great battle and Sri Lanka only just won by 75 runs with Herath taking 12 wickets for the match. Trott scored an excellent hundred but didn't have enough support. Really enjoyed that battle and hopefully the next test is just as good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
England bounced back with a good test win over Sri Lanka. Kevin Pieterson was in ODI mode and hit 151 from 165 balls in the first innings to give England a 185 run first innings lead and that was more than enough in the end with England only having to chase 94 runs to win the test. Swann was in great form picking up ten wickets for the match.

Australia vs. West Indies first test started yesterday and it was a slow start. WI are batting first and finished with 179/3 from 73 overs before rain stopped play. Pattinson was surprisingly left out of the Australian attack considering how good his form was before injury. The deck looked good for batting and the bowlers struggled to make inroads. Highlight was David Warner getting a caught and bowled with his leggies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What a test match!

WI score 449/9 declared and then in reply Australia declare on 406/9 thanks to Ryan Harris scoring 68* and Nathon Lyon scoring 40*. Hilfenhaus then went crazy before tea and had WI 3 wickets down for 2 runs, they finished with 148 and then Australia chased down the target of 192 with three wickets in hand. After the first innings I never thought that there would be a result for this match. Look forward to the second test.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Interesting first three days of the second test. Australia bat first, score 311 thanks to Watson and then Hussey and Pattinson putting on a solid partnership. West Indies were then cruising with Chanderpaul and Bravo in before Nathan Lyon went crazy and took five wickets in the space of seven overs. In the end WI bowled out for 257 on the first over of day four so Australia have a 54 run lead.

Tough pitch to bat on so even chasing 200 last will be difficult. I say let Warner loose and try to get some quick runs and if that fails Watson is in next anyway.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Second test was a draw thanks to the rain.

Third test started two days ago and Australia are in a good position thanks to Wade and the bowlers again. Wade scored 106 in a brilliant innings where he started slow and then teed off once he got his eye in. Starc batted well for 35 until he had a massive brain fade and ran himself out. They ran three and Wade called that it was going to his end yet Starc didn't even ground his bat. What annoyed me was that he didn't even look that upset when the third umpire gave him out. Still Hilfenhaus came in and was part of a century stand with Wade. 328 was a good score under the circumstances and our bowlers were on top with WI 8/165. Lyon was the pick of the bowlers with three wickets. Hopefully we clean them up quickly tonight and set them at least 300 to chase.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Finally there is test cricket on again. England are hosting West Indies for a three test series. England should dominate at home and I think that they will win the series 2-0, always like to predict one draw because of the weather in England.

So far it is early on day one in the first test and WI are 105/4. Anderson took two top order wickets after swinging the ball a mile and if England can take one more wicket they should be able to run through the tail.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Enjoyable first test which England won by five wickets. West Indies put up a better fight than expected, mainly thanks to Chanderpaul as always, and there was a moment in England's second innings when they were four down for not much that I thought we might have a game on our hands. It wasn't to be as England showed their class and finished it off relatively easily.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Kevin Pieterson just announced his retirement from all limited overs international cricket stating that the loaded international schedule will be too much for his body to handle. He still wanted to play T20 for England but England has a rule where if you rule yourself out of ODI or T20 cricket you won't be considered for either. He will still play tests for England and then IPL.