Cover Songs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Starbuck

Reaction score
Covers of songs always seem to pique an interest in people who have listened to the originals, sometimes even covers break new ground and top the charts faster and higher than the originals, too. We all love covers, fuck, I'm sure if anybody here who plays in a band then they probably tried covering songs themselves. What are some of your favorite musician covers? And hey, sure, if you play in a band, what do you cover?

Favorite covers...
Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix (Covers: Derek and the Dominoes, Stevie Ray Vaughn)
- Clapton, Duane, Bobby Whitlock, Carl Raddle and Jim Gordon kicked ass in an original composition of Little Wing. So surreal, Duane's lead touch to it had so much feeling in it. Stevie Ray Vaughn's cover, I found, was the most complete version of Little Wing I've heard, it almost matches Hendrix's original but that's why it can't be beat... Hendrix was original.
Please Be With Me by Cowboy ft. Duane Allman (Covers: Eric Clapton)
- Cowboy and Duane did a couple takes of this song, it sounds like a brutally honest song from the heart with a perfect woman in mind... at least that's what I get out of it anyways, or maybe not. Clapton's cover is like it, but in the intro you can hear him add a nice touch with a D note further up the neck. Seems like he tried so hard to keep to the original, but add his own bit to it, and it worked. I love both version and I just heard Eric's today.

Other covers? I can't cover them all, but I'll just say the Allman Brothers and Eric Clapton do a shit ton of great covers of old blues songs, adding their own originality to it all. I love all songs equally.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'll post my cover of Summer Girls by LFO in this thread when I get a chance.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Amy Lee's cover of Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana is one of my favorites. Actually kind of like it better than the original song. Mary J Blige's cover of I'm going down that was originally done by Rose Royce imo is the greatest rnb cover ever and actually kills the originally version.

The Boondocks

Reaction score
Metallica's cover of Turn The Page was actually the first time I heard the song. Heard the original by Bob Seger a few days back. Bob always has decent classic rock. But the way Metallic took Turn The Page to hard rock is awe striking.