Could this be more entertaining?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MrKennedyMark

Reaction score
Even though I am guilty of reading spoilers (hey, I'm impatient when it comes to waiting for the shows lol), I can see the side of where it'd be better to not read spoilers or news items containing spoilers. By not reading spoilers, it keeps the element of surprise and it does tend to make things more interesting and entertaining. However, this topic is subjective anyways, so there's some gray area in discussing it.

chessarmy

I agree, but disagree at the same time...

Yes, wrestling websites take away ALOT from the unpredictablility of a wrestling show. All you have to do is go to a website and as you said, spoilers are available just by clicking a link. Also, the "rumors" about wrestlers debuting does take away from when they actually debut. I didnt mark out when Jericho came back because I was expecting it, it was not a suprise. The one thing that I disagree about is that their is still a degree of unpredictablility when it comes to the outcome of a match on a PPV. I feel that it is hard to predict what happens on PPV and the outcome of certain matches does surprise me at times. I marked out for Taker winning the World Title at Mania last year, just because I didnt expect it. Its all a part of wrestling, and I think it is something that will not get taken away by the internet for a long time

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I think it does take abit away. But in Australia the only show that we get before you is Smackdown and we get that a day before you. So it is hard not to read live raw report and trhe same with ECW. We get Raw on Wednesdays ECW on thursdays anbd Smackdown on Fridays. So yeah.

Beer Money Army

Internet has always been the wrestling industry enemy.. But hey sometimes the internet get's facts wrong......

I usually sometimes read.. Just to see what matches i'm get every week of wwe... I dont get into full details with the result cause i don't wanna know.. but with watching 20 yrs of WWE wrestling you can easily predict 70-90% of what they are going do.. it's just common sense...

But if you didnt want the news site to get all this scoop.. then maybe wwe should be monitoring there staff much closly.. because the site would have to get the upcoming angle/feuds/returns somehow...

but the results will always be a problem... because you cant control the crowd if one of them sends the results straight away after the show

smark101.

Reaction score
I agree, but disagree at the same time...

Yes, wrestling websites take away ALOT from the unpredictablility of a wrestling show. All you have to do is go to a website and as you said, spoilers are available just by clicking a link. Also, the "rumors" about wrestlers debuting does take away from when they actually debut. I didnt mark out when Jericho came back because I was expecting it, it was not a suprise. The one thing that I disagree about is that their is still a degree of unpredictablility when it comes to the outcome of a match on a PPV. I feel that it is hard to predict what happens on PPV and the outcome of certain matches does surprise me at times. I marked out for Taker winning the World Title at Mania last year, just because I didnt expect it. Its all a part of wrestling, and I think it is something that will not get taken away by the internet for a long time

ok. first off... joe doesnt need to kill anything but those granny shorts he wears up to mid-chest...

but I agree. I always mark out for taker winning the title. I can't help but love the guy to this day... I've never had anything against Taker. He's the man...