• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Could Randy Orton become the cornerstone?

phantomgerald

Reaction score
The mighty booking you are talking about is turning Cena heel. If its heel Cena vs tweener Orton then forget about it, Orton will take Cena's spot for at least a while. Although I have a feeling that Cena would be such a great heel that a lot of people that boo him now will start cheering for him.

It's interesting that you point out the top guys. I think the wwe has already made its decision on who the focus will be for the next 3 to 5 years. Orton, Cena, Punk, Miz, Edge, and Swagger are the guys who will be interchanged in the main event for the next several years. Much like HHH, Cena, Orton, Taker, and Batista were for the last 5 or so.

Heel Cena will be cheered right back to face Cena. He was only booed because his act got boring and it was forced down our throats instead of giving us the choice.

noumenon

Reaction score
Well look at the Cena thing this way. Heels always get their heat until they go up against who...Cena. Then the heat is overpowered by Cena hate and the heels get cheered. With no face Cena to go up against it's almost a mystery of what would happen to Cena's reaction. He could possibly get the desired heel reaction or he could get the polar opposite of people wanting it so bad he ends up getting cheered like crazy.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Hopefully if the WWE pull the trigger they don't hesitate if he initially gets cheered as a heel. When Batista turned he started getting pops but that changed now so it turns out they made the right move.

1chiban

Reaction score
It seems to me that Orton gets very stale as champion - long matches don't necessarily suit him all that much. That being said, I did find his Iron Man match entertaining - probably because of the no holds barred rules allowing some flexibility.

The face turn, as it was natural, has actually been good. I don't think he'll ever be a complete 'true' babyface ala Cena or whatever, as it didn't suit him a few years ago and won't suit him now - especially with the tattoos. However, as a tweener he is going to be cheered by large sections of the crowd. Keep him in that position and he can face heels and faces - the crowd can decide who to cheer for then.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
It seems to me that Orton gets very stale as champion - long matches don't necessarily suit him all that much. That being said, I did find his Iron Man match entertaining - probably because of the no holds barred rules allowing some flexibility.

The face turn, as it was natural, has actually been good. I don't think he'll ever be a complete 'true' babyface ala Cena or whatever, as it didn't suit him a few years ago and won't suit him now - especially with the tattoos. However, as a tweener he is going to be cheered by large sections of the crowd. Keep him in that position and he can face heels and faces - the crowd can decide who to cheer for then.

Having a tweener go up against a face is never a good idea. You either fuck up the tweener or the face.

Keep him going against heels....The only reason he should go against a face is if they are going to turn that face heel.

From the looks of things, it going to be Batista vs Orton vs Cena battling it out. I would have preferred Batista retaining and going one on one with Orton. As it stands now, the crowd will be split between Orton and Cena. If they are really serious about Orton's face run keep him away from Cena for a while.

1chiban

Reaction score
I think putting him with Mr Marmite (aka Cena - he's still dividing crowds to a certain extent) can only help him - more guys will cheer for Orton ahead of Cena I think.

shane

Reaction score
The followers easily determined that they were getting behind Orton. The turn came so fluidly it was ridiculous. His feature has not altered at all, he's still a psychopath in the ring, only with the capacity turned up to 10. As I've said in numerous other gist, WWE would be wholeheartedly insane not to run like angry with this one as it's their best shot at loading the anti-hero face gap Austin left broad open.