Could NJPW America fail?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
A recent editorial in PWMania by Jim LaMotta said it could be the case. He writes, "When the project was announced, NJPW said that there will be roughly two dozen events scheduled for next year and will continue it’s current Japanese schedule as well. I would say that this is a tough scenario for the roster because the New Japan style is physical and risky so is it realistic to expect the roster to travel around the globe on a regular basis to compete in those type of matches?"

And he continues, "For the New Japan product to standout in the United States, it must be as authentic to the New Japan style as possible, but that intrinsically makes it a niche product in America, which is fine if it’s profitable. The problem is, much of the diehard fan base that follows the Japanese scene already has options that cater to them."

While NJPW has had success in America, it has been on a limited schedule, such as 3-5 special shows in the states per year, so it didn't compete with the WWE, AEW, Impact, and ROH. Plus, let's not forget the NJPW style is a lot more physical and brutish than the American-style of wrestling, which means more wrestlers getting injured.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I could, but it could not. It just kind of depends really and it is too early to really say if it will.