Could Judgment Day be a repeat of One Night Stand 2006?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
What do you think would get more of a reaction?

CM Punk defending the title against Cena

or

CM Punk challenging for the title against Cena

Punk walking out from out of nowhere to challenge either champion would be over huge. I don't really expect Punk to cash it in after a big match or a big beating. Even if it is in Chicago, if Punk cashes it in against Cena, Edge or Orton, I could see it going either way.

straight_edge76

I do not think Punk will cash in for another 2 months or so. He is in the middle of a feud-ish with Umaga and I could see him feuding with someone like Jericho before casing in.

Reaction score
Yeah I would like to see Punk hold the briefcase till atleast summerslam or survivor series and have feuds along the way that are meant to build up his momentum leading into him cashing in MITB

xtremebadass

Punk could easily beat Umaga at JD, or even lose. Punk could come back and beat Edge if cashing in at JD. Since Umaga beat Punk, he could be thrown into the title hunt also. Hardy vs. Punk vs. Edge vs. Umaga? Hmmm.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
If Punk cashes it in to make a fatal 4-way there is no way in hell anyone but Edge is winning. That kind of match Edge is king. Because he can predictably play dead for 20 minutes while Umaga and the faces beat each other up, and at the last moment spear Punk and win. So it would be a waste of MITB.

The real smart thing for someone like Punk who does not look believable as a challenger is to cash it in post match and win it. It won't be against Orton, because then you have two titles on one brand again. And if its against Edge, its gonna be after the Jeff Hardy match as Hardy is already #1 contender and Punk is gonna be in a singles match against Umaga. If he doesn't cash it in on Judgement Day, I think the WWE would of missed a huge overness opportunity for Punk. Because they are not gonna get this perfect of a scenario again.

noumenon

Punk will feud with Umaga first to build his momentum going into a feud with Edge....and ultimately killing Umaga's return momentum.

Airfixx

If Punk cashes it in to make a fatal 4-way there is no way in hell anyone but Edge is winning. That kind of match Edge is king. Because he can predictably play dead for 20 minutes while Umaga and the faces beat each other up, and at the last moment spear Punk and win. So it would be a waste of MITB.

The real smart thing for someone like Punk who does not look believable as a challenger is to cash it in post match and win it. It won't be against Orton, because then you have two titles on one brand again. And if its against Edge, its gonna be after the Jeff Hardy match as Hardy is already #1 contender and Punk is gonna be in a singles match against Umaga. If he doesn't cash it in on Judgement Day, I think the WWE would of missed a huge overness opportunity for Punk. Because they are not gonna get this perfect of a scenario again.

What is this perfect opportunity you speak of?

Punk can cash in post-match at any PPV (or event for that matter)...

Seems clear to me he's not gonna take the easy route this time around and I think it's wise of WWE to do this as another cheap title win would HURT Punk, not help get him over!

Best scenario:

Edge retains @ JDay, Punk either beats Umaga or continues to fued with him and gets the eventual 'rubber match' victory and then starts breathing down Edge's neck again in a similar vein to last Friday's SD when they faced off (I thought the way they played out the potential cash-in and the "I'll beat you and THEN cash in" last week was smart.).

Klide

i have a feeling punk will cash it in after the hardy and edge match

straight_edge76

That could possibly happen, which imo is Blue. I think if built up properly It could be a MOTN candidate at a later PPV.