Could it be WWF again?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
heard this.

It is possible to get the WWF name back, Vince has to pay royalties to the World Wildlife Fund from the money he makes from merchandise and PPV purchases and they will agree to it but he can only hold onto the WWF name if he keeps giving them money for permission usage. But he is so tight he won't give any money away.

???

chessarmy

Even if this is true Vince wont do it. The WWE name is already established and their is no point of going through the trouble to change it back to WWF for no reason

PeepShow

He's not going to change the name back. The only reason would be b/c most people who aren't technical wrestling fans still refer to it as the WWF. But to Vince, he doesn't really care about those people, so it doesn't matter. Hell, it's just the kids really that matter, right.....;). Anyways, my parent aren't wrestling fans, and when I tell them, I'm ordering a PPV (Usually a TNA one), then usually say, "Oh, that WWF Shit again"...so the name is still stuck to some.

But once again, he's not going to change it back.

The Ripper

Reaction score
i prefer the wwe name more now because it matches the product. Back when it was WWF it was an all round product (wrestling, entertainment, comedy) now the WWE is all about entertainment. Plus why change it back now when alot more people know it as wwe

Reaction score
Eh, There won't be any point on changing the name back to the WWF now, Maybe a couple years back but not now. The WWE name already has been established plus it's gonna be extra work considering the WWE dvd's and logos on the dvd's which has to be censored like the WWF ones now.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
He's not going to change the name back. The only reason would be b/c most people who aren't technical wrestling fans still refer to it as the WWF. But to Vince, he doesn't really care about those people, so it doesn't matter. Hell, it's just the kids really that matter, right.....;). Anyways, my parent aren't wrestling fans, and when I tell them, I'm ordering a PPV (Usually a TNA one), then usually say, "Oh, that WWF Shit again"...so the name is still stuck to some.

But once again, he's not going to change it back.

Exactly, the only people who still refer to it as the WWF, are people who arnt fans. Hell, my friend, who's not a fan at all, once said, and keep in mind, this was only about a year ago, "You, with all your WCW shit". I dont have any WCW stuff really, just WWE and ECW.

J

WWF is WWE...and yea same as peepshow...My parents used to still call it WWF til i explained it to them...but i stil get the occasional...So you watch that WWF stuff comment...and why change it back...that would just be dumb...

Big Jabba

Reaction score
nah, it wouldnt make a difference anyway even if they got the wwf logo back

HulkStar

Yeah Man No Point In Getting WWF Back Anyways...
I mean WWE is established right, and its not like they are plumeeting down or something...

I wonder what will be the next Installment thought after wwe is finished or Something... "WDWT! WHY DO WE TRY!" Lol Im not A WWE Hater guys for the record!

Evil Austin

he is not going to the trouble of changing it back and making storylines on the show on why but really there is no point the wwe was different but everyone in the last six and a half years are getting used to it and it is here to stay ....

Hendrixxx

Reaction score
There would be no point really and i highly doubt Vince would want to go through all that trouble just to add Federation instead of Entertainment.

C4

Why would Vince McMahon change the name back to WWF? I mean it's been almost 6 years since the change and the name is WWE everywhere, I would have said yes if this would have been said 5-6 years ago. But right now, there is really no point in going back and facing the troubles/ loosing money and changing the name to WWF.

As PeepShow said, people who know wrestling from the attitude era and don't watch it anymore still refer to it as the WWF but the new generation, the teens of today don't say WWF anymore!

CT Styles

It doesn't matter if its WWE or WWF. Even if those people who still call it wwf if they type that in the internet it gets redirected to wwe anyway so its not like wwe is at risk of losing fans who want to watch it again. Its a silly argument IMO its WWE, has been for the last 6 years or something why change it whether its E or F its still going to be the same product.

C4

....why change it whether its E or F its still going to be the same product....

Yeah, I don't care about the name of the company. It's only that John Cena who should remain John Cena. Change the name of WWE to any of this:

World Wrestling with Girls [WWG]
World Wrestling Kiwi's [WWK]
World Wrestling Cena [WWC]