Could a Nexus return work? And would you mark?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
JoeRulz said:
Nexus was horrible, what's so hard to understand?

You know better than anyone how much WWE Fans can only hope for things to happen. Nexus was cool and exciting until Summerslam happened (granted, after that it was dead). But this is just another case of "Hey, WWE can do this, and it would actually be something interesting on the show!"

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's in the past, I say let it stay there. It wouldn't make sense for Barrett or Otunga or "Ryberg" to go back to being Nexus, and it wouldn't really work doing it with a new set of NXT guys since it would no longer be a fresh idea.

They really could have done it better the first time around, of course. Nexus losing their first big match to prove themselves? By elimination at that? (Meaning they each had to take a loss, whereas a normal tag team match would require only one member to take a loss.) Imagine if the Alliance had lost at Invasion 2001. Wouldn't exactly make them much of a threat over the next four months, would it? Imagine if Giant pinned Hogan at Hog Wild 1996, right as the NWO angle was taking off.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I dont think nexus should come back.. maybe another dominant group with a different name though

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JoeRulz said:
Nexus was horrible, what's so hard to understand?

Come on, the first month or so was epic.

The debut of 8 young pissed off rookies being mistreated by WWE (which is so real) making havoc. The debut was fantastic. Then Bret Hart refuses to give them contracts so they raise more hell. They make every superstar stand on the ramp so they don't interrupt the main event, so what does Nexus do? They go backstage, grab Bret, beat the shit out of him, put him in a limo and crash it multiple times leaving him fucked up. They had constant backstage segments, ring segments, looked strong (before super Cena) and actually had variety. Nexus was beast.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I must have a very bad memory. The only things i can remember from nexus is

- them destroying everything that one time
- two of them winning the belts and it annoyed me
- something to do with punk

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Come on, the first month or so was epic.

The debut of 8 young pissed off rookies being mistreated by WWE (which is so real) making havoc. The debut was fantastic. Then Bret Hart refuses to give them contracts so they raise more hell. They make every superstar stand on the ramp so they don't interrupt the main event, so what does Nexus do? They go backstage, grab Bret, beat the s*** out of him, put him in a limo and crash it multiple times leaving him fucked up. They had constant backstage segments, ring segments, looked strong (before super Cena) and actually had variety. Nexus was beast.

You're BERYING yourself, sure they've had few cool weeks, and that's basically it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Okay, so you both agree that Nexus was cool until Summerslam. What are you arguing about?

Crayo, how would you have booked the Nexus vs WWE match?