Could a Nexus return work? And would you mark?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Is there a way to perhaps have Nexus return and make it still epic? The only problem I see at the moment is Skip being completely revamped into Ryback, but let's say he wasn't there for a minute, could it work? Would you mark? For example, a big main event match with Taker vs X at Summerslam and 6-7 guys in blacked out attire (IE, you can't see their faces etc) would beat them down and spoil the end of the PPV.

No explanation is given on RAW the next day, but you see them in the "cheap seats" staring towards the ring, again, blacked out attire on, no idea who they are. You can make a viral video on how they appear at WWE press conferences at the back of the rooms etc. Then finally Wade Barrett reveals Nexus have returned with extra fire power and are badder than ever. Just thought of this, I'm not sure of it myself yet. Would you mark? Or would you want it done differently?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Sadly Nexus was dead and buried the night Cena buried Barrett with those chairs. Barrett should have been the world champ at that point, not Miz, and Barrett should have faced Cena at Mania.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
As Dolph said. Nexus is dead and buried. Would be a cool way to debut the next big stable though.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I agree with Stop. Not a good idea for Nexus, as doing the same thing again would be lame in my opinion, plus, they were buried and the idea wasn't as hot as it was when it first began. But it's a great way to debut another stable.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Nope, it happened and it ended. No need to re-do it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If Barrett, Skip, Slater, and Bryan came out dressed in Nexus t-shirts and beat the shit out of Cena I'd mark

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
All i can think of when i hear the word Nexus is buses and trains

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Crayo said:
Is there a way to perhaps have Nexus return and make it still epic? The only problem I see at the moment is Skip being completely revamped into Ryback, but let's say he wasn't there for a minute, could it work? Would you mark? For example, a big main event match with Taker vs X at Summerslam and 6-7 guys in blacked out attire (IE, you can't see their faces etc) would beat them down and spoil the end of the PPV.

No explanation is given on RAW the next day, but you see them in the "cheap seats" staring towards the ring, again, blacked out attire on, no idea who they are. You can make a viral video on how they appear at WWE press conferences at the back of the rooms etc. Then finally Wade Barrett reveals Nexus have returned with extra fire power and are badder than ever. Just thought of this, I'm not sure of it myself yet. Would you mark? Or would you want it done differently?

I'll mark out definitely. I loved the storyline. I loved so much I jumped ship from Orton to Nexus.

The group was rrrreeeeeaaaalllyyyyy wasted, both as a group and as individual wrestlers, IMO.

Your idea's good.

#BookIt

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Barrett is past this by now, and Otunga's fine in his current jobber (sorry Hoss) role.

Maybe they can have McGillicutty lead a Nexus-esque stable, with Slater and a few others (Hawkins and Reks? Maybe some FCW guys?) in the stable. Since they're already good with Otunga, they can be good with Johnny. A Punk vs Nexus storyline would be pretty cool, even though nobody really remembers Punk running Nexus since the faction was so damned irrelevant then.