Could a Goldberg return happen/work?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
@Troy I believe that was the year WWE was last in talks with him because they were inducting some WCW guys into the Hall of Fame that year too. That's why it seemed so perfect for him to make his last run that year, but the fucker wanted too much money and too much of a push for a short stint.

I don't have an issue with him holding out for a lot of money, the guy doesn't need the money so for it to be worth it to him he may as well as for a pretty penny. He would have been a decent draw as well and I am sure that WWE wouldn't have lost money bringing him in. Just a pity that they couldn't work out something though, should have worked together to include match, HOF, DVD and some other merchandise to make it a worthwhile deal for both sides.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
To me, it just doesn't seem like he's worth the money. Especially when he's asking for a lot more money then he is worth. I'd mark out hardcore if he did in fact return. But I don't want to see some guy doing it because he's getting the money. I think Rock and Lesnar are having a good time during their time in WWE right now, but would Goldberg also have that same feel about him? I like that in wrestlers. Makes it a bit more entertaining and satisfying.

I don't care if I get bombarded/hated for this, but it has to be said....don't ever tell yourself that. This is 2013, John Cena and Randy Orton are more loyal employees and for lack of a better word...servants of the WWE universe than Brock and The Rock.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The last thing the likes of Rhodes/Cesaro/Miz/Sandow need is for that talentless bag of roids to come strolling back in and squash them all, then bitch that he isn't being used right because occasionally he has to have a match that last longer than 10 seconds before he packs up his bag and goes home making all the squashes over the midcard pointless.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I have no interest in seeing him again, and he and WWE have a frosty realtionship anyway. It is unlikely to happen.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
He doesn't respect the business, so no, he doesn't deserve another shot. he thinks he's a huge draw. His 2002-2004 run proved otherwise. that was 11 years ago.

Move on. Goldberg needs to stay the hell away from the wrestling business.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I mean I didn't even like his return with The Rock & Brock Lesnar so honestly no, I don't want to see it.

Im pretty sure as well, hasn't Goldberg had a few choice words about Vinny Mac?

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I mean I didn't even like his return with The Rock & Brock Lesnar so honestly no, I don't want to see it.

Im pretty sure as well, hasn't Goldberg had a few choice words about Vinny Mac?

Yeah he got pissy that he didn't just get to squash the entire roster everynight and win every single Championship and become GM. Being a consistent Main Eventer, World Champ and squashing the midcard wasn't enough for him because once in a while WWE put him in an actual match.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Goldberg doesn't deserve a second or third chance. He'd want to main event immediately and he'd want the highest salary. He can't put asses in seats because he doesn't generate any crossover buzz or bring in any fans from any of his other ventures since leaving wrestling. Gearheads and car fans aren't going to tune into wrestling to watch Goldberg squash the roster.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Goldberg doesn't deserve a second or third chance. He'd want to main event immediately and he'd want the highest salary. He can't put asses in seats because he doesn't generate any crossover buzz or bring in any fans from any of his other ventures since leaving wrestling. Gearheads and car fans aren't going to tune into wrestling to watch Goldberg squash the roster.

None of his auto shows lasted long on the air anyways. Nobody outside of wrestling knows who he is.