Conrad Thompson Podcasts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Since September of last year I’ve been slowly catching up on his shows archives. What do you think of his shows? So far I’ve listened to most of STWW, 83 Weeks and part of WHW and Grillin JR. I also have listened to all of the Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett shows and I haven’t started Arn’s show up yet though I think I’ll like it because they are short episodes. Who listens to his stuff? Any favourites? I’ll post some thoughts here.

1. Nobody brings out all of Conrad’s worst habits than Tony. The other day I legit had to skip the last 30 minutes of an episode because they wouldn’t stop laughing and I cannot fucking stand Conrad’s laugh. Also the beer can opening thing is annoying.
2. Conrad needs to stop trying to do impressions. He’s not good at them.
3. Conrad also needs to stop forcing bad jokes. He’s funny when it’s more organic but you can tell when he’s been waiting a few minutes to say something super unfunny and it’s just awful.
4. He also needs to stop bragging about all the wrestling personalities he knows and the phone numbers he has.
5. That being said I do really enjoy the format of most of the shows and I really enjoy the research Conrad puts into the shows. He gets a lot of criticism for reading Meltzer’s notes/Keller’s notes/wrestling books but that takes a lot of fucking time and considering he does so many shows and still has his mortgage company I have to say that’s really impressive. It’s weird I always see most of the criticism about this but most of my criticism is about his annoying habits.
6. Kurt Angle’s show is really awkward. I don’t know why but Kurt does the introductions and I love the guy but he is awful at it. He will also do some of the commercials for the show and is really bad at that too.
7. I fucking love JJ’s show. Of the new shows it is so much better than KA’s. Jeff and Conrad click so well while Kurt and Conrad don’t really click as much. It doesn’t help that Kurt sugar coats everything either.
8. Eric and Bruce are legit 2 boomers stuck in the 90s/early 2000s. Bruce is a little better than Eric but they both have said some super shitty stuff. My favourite is when Eric tries to make fun of fat people and Conrad no-sells him.

There’s more that I’ll add later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've barely really listened to them but I can second most of this from what I've heard too. I love the content and effort especially Conrad puts in, but personally dude is annoying :lol but overall yeah I'm glad he's got all this going

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I avoid all his podcasts. His voice is just an immediate pass for me. :lol Only thing I can really say is that from the few times I've checked out a pod with him, he is good at keeping the other people's facts straight.

Reactions: Chris

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I’ve listened to all of them, but the only one I listen to on a regular basis these days is Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard. I just love Bruce with his impressions, him dunking on Meltzer or any other dirt sheet writers, and his relationship with Conrad (even when they go off on each other).

Conrad doesn’t really bother me that much either tbh.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I avoid all his podcasts. His voice is just an immediate pass for me. :lol Only thing I can really say is that from the few times I've checked out a pod with him, he is good at keeping the other people's facts straight.

I don’t mind his voice, it’s just his constant laughing that drives me crazy. Mainly because he laughs like everything is the funniest thing he’s ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I was big into Bruce's podcast before he went back to WWE, Tony's podcast I instantly didn't like. I was also big into Eric Bischoff's podcast for awhile but stopped listening. I listed to Arn for a bit but got bored. I don't find anything Conrad funny, and in general find him annoying as fuck. Initially I just dealt with it while listening, but then it was just too annoying as he got more cocky. The worst was when he did a show with Ric holy shit he was annoying on that. His laughing drove me insane.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Conrad needs to stop pretending to defend Meltzer....he uses his shit to obviously piss off his hosts.

Stop sighing fatso, Dave been shitting on these guys for 30 years, can't take them doing it for 4 minutes?

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Was just listening to the latest 83 weeks, and Conrad made a comment that several wrestlers have wanted to fight him, and he gave them his address and entry code for them to come. This guy is such a fucking tool lmao. it was a pretty good episode overall with Eric answering questions.