Confirmed: Wolverine 3 to be Hugh Jackman's last

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
article-2587573-1C8695B700000578-553_634x546.jpg

It's been a long road, but as was much suspected and hinted at, Hugh Jackman has finally confirmed outright that the third solo Wolverine movie will be his final outing as the adamantium-clawed mutant.

"This will be my last one,â€￾ he told Australian talkshow host Dr. Oz. “It just felt like it was the right time to do it. And let’s be honest, 17 years! I never thought in a million years it would last, so I’m so grateful to the fans for the opportunity of playing it. I kind of have in my head what we’re going to do in this last one. It just feels like this is the perfect way to go out."

Jackman had previously posted an Instagram post with the caption "one last time". That was something of a clue too.

Nothing is yet known about the new Wolverine’s plot, though director James Mangold and Jackman have been swapping ideas and Michael Green has been converting them to screenplay form.

All involved will want to make sure this is a solid swansong for the actor’s unprecedented stint as James "Logan" Howlett. He made his debut in 2000 in X-Men, and continued through X2, The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, First Class (in a striking cameo), The Wolverine, and Days Of Future Past. It's currently unclear (possibly being kept top secret) if he's part of the currently shooting X-Men: Apocalypse, which is out on May 19, 2016. The as-yet-untitled third solo Wolverine currently has a release date of March 2, 2017.

The question this raises, of course, is how the X-universe will fare without Jackman. Will Logan be put out to grass or re-cast as quickly as possible. The fanboy campaigns for a shorter and hairier replacement begin now...

Empire

Three trilogies & done for Jackman, although an appearance in Apocalypse is still up in the air. If they go the route of recasting Wolverine, I hope they go with a younger version, or just leave the character alone for a while. Jackman has made the character his over the last 15 years & will be tough to replace.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well this could go one of a couple ways

Jackman decides to stay in the role after all

They recast the role and continue the X-universe like nothing ever happened

They reboot the series

They give the rights back to marvel

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Well this could go one of a couple ways

Jackman decides to stay in the role after all

They recast the role and continue the X-universe like nothing ever happened

They reboot the series

They give the rights back to marvel

1. Possible, but I think the older he gets the harder it's gonna get to keep getting in shape for the role.

2. Potentially, but see the next one.

3. Most likely. Apocalypse has been referred to as the last of the second trilogy (First Class, Days Of Future Past, Apocalypse) so this will be the end of the current crop. With Wolverine finishing up his own thing soon, the only other movies on the horizon is the solo Deadrool and Gambit films. Maybe they'll look at character films rather than ensembles, then lead up to a bigger ensemble piece a few years down the line.

4. No chance whilst the franchise is still making money

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
This hurts my soul more ways than one. I think Mr.Jackman will end Wolverine strong these last two movies and he's going to be missed in future X-Men films after Age of Apocalypse. Good luck trying to recast that man years from now, but who's to say that he can't come back as old man Logan 5 or 6 years from now.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
yeah I am guessing a recast and reboot is in the works but it's probably gonna be a long long time before we even see Wolverine in a movie again after 2017

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It just seems so fucked to reboot the series after so many movies. Giving it back to marvel would be best but I know that won't happen.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This hurts my soul more ways than one.
Jesus dude, it's a movie, no need to get so melodramatic. :lol:

Anyhow, this is good news, I like Jackman as the character but he's run his course playing the role. It'll be interesting to see where this goes in the future but I'll assume reboot until I'm told otherwise.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Jesus dude, it's a movie, no need to get so melodramatic. :lol:

Anyhow, this is good news, I like Jackman as the character but he's run his course playing the role. It'll be interesting to see where this goes in the future but I'll assume reboot until I'm told otherwise.

Yeah I love Wolverine going back to the comics and I have autographed Comics by Jackson so it will be weird for me to see him not in a X-Men film after these last two movies. I always thought if they wanted to, they could do X-Factor with a new Wolverine because I'm still wondering where they go after Age of Apocalypse unless it's two films?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Don't know if serious
I can believe it. Doesn't take a normal diet to get as ripped as he did for these films. Hell, in DOFP, even I was a bit turned on by that physique

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I can believe it. Doesn't take a normal diet to get as ripped as he did for these films. Hell, in DOFP, even I was a bit turned on by that physique
For sure, and after awhile shifting back to it from normal weight or the shape he's in for other roles would have to take a toll on his body.