CONFIRMED: Daniel Bryan cleared by neurologist but not by WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Punk_Axel_Ziggler_Fan

The Artiste
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan was a guest on the Cheap Heat podcast featured on ESPN Radio where he gave a revealing update on his health. Bryan stated that he feels great and has been cleared by a doctor in Phoenix. He explained WWE is hesitant to clear him and that he guesses WWE doesn’t really want him talking about it.

Bryan later stated he was cleared by the “Super Bowl” of neurologists so he doesn’t see why he can’t wrestle. Bryan said it’s not like he has some buddy that happens to be a doctor but WWE has their side too.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/d...urologist-but-not-by-wwe/#FD2r6SuGRqpsODLe.99

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I don't want a half-healthy DB back. If it takes another 6 months for him to fully recover, then so be it. There's no need to be rushing back.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I don't want a half-healthy DB back. If it takes another 6 months for him to fully recover, then so be it. There's no need to be rushing back.
Kinda reminds me of Stone Cold. Terrible injury, questionable return, limits his moveset and goes for another few years on top.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of Stone Cold. Terrible injury, questionable return, limits his moveset and goes for another few years on top.

Bryan has like 3K moves, so adjusting 'em shouldn't be a problem.
There's no need for him to do diving headbutts, missile dropkicks and suicide dives, considering it might affect his neck/elbow/concussion issues he's been dealing with for the past year or two.

Raine

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think if his doctor says he is healthy then he is 100% and ready to wrestle. I don't think any doctor would risk their career and put themselves and also their patient in danger. My dad is a Neurologist and I know he has to have a ton of insurance to cover his ass if he ever would get sued by a patient. Thank god he has never had to go through that in his career.

I think the WWE also has to be cautious themselves to cover there ass, but they should give Bryan a cance because he is good for the industry and his doctor released him.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
It would be best if he walked away from wrestling while he still can.. Once you get injured in wrestling, the injuries keep piling up. He can always take up another role in the business.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
He seems in such a rush. If his body told him no he ought to listen and be more patient. It would break my heart to see him wiggling on the ground and unable to move his arms.

Raine

The Artiste
Reaction score
He seems in such a rush. If his body told him no he ought to listen and be more patient. It would break my heart to see him wiggling on the ground and unable to move his arms.
I understand that totally and I agree with you that would be horrible to see but really what does he got to go on other than a gut feeling and what his doctors say. Nothing really.

Reactions: I'll See Ya Kia

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Even though I'm not the world's biggest Daniel Bryan fan (the kind who thinks they should build the entire company around the guy and all... You know the type) and even though I'd really love a Shield triple-threat for the title next year, I still have to say that it would be a genuine cool moment if Bryan returned as a surprise entrant in the 2016 Royal Rumble, finally won it, and then became the one who ended Seth Rollins' year-long reign as champion at Wrestlemania 32 by making him tap like a bitch to the Yes Lock in the middle of the ring.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It would be best if he walked away from wrestling while he still can.. Once you get injured in wrestling, the injuries keep piling up. He can always take up another role in the business.
That's not always true. Triple h has torn his quads. Both of them off the bone. And he came back fine without any real injuries.

Superstars get injured and this is Bryan's second real injury. People act as if he's dead or going to to die. Let's calm down.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Even though I'm not the world's biggest Daniel Bryan fan (the kind who thinks they should build the entire company around the guy and all... You know the type) and even though I'd really love a Shield triple-threat for the title next year, I still have to say that it would be a genuine cool moment if Bryan returned as a surprise entrant in the 2016 Royal Rumble, finally won it, and then became the one who ended Seth Rollins' year-long reign as champion at Wrestlemania 32 by making him tap like a bitch to the Yes Lock in the middle of the ring.

A former Shield triple-threat as the ME of WM definitely floats my boat.

Aaand, as far as RR 2016 goes, it'll be interesting to see if the winner gets shit on again just in case DB doesn't win it.
WWE should let DB finally win it, so that every next guy that wins doesn't get the same treatment as Batista and Reigns.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
That's not always true. Triple h has torn his quads. Both of them off the bone. And he came back fine without any real injuries.

Superstars get injured and this is Bryan's second real injury. People act as if he's dead or going to to die. Let's calm down.
A lot of people are concerned for Daniel's safety. He's being very reckless and concussions are very scary these days. I hope none of you must ever see a neurologist. Daniel could suffer memory loss, the ability to walk and have a peaceful living. WWE is doing the right thing. Edge even told how he passed some tests until WWE made him a better doctor. Edge might be paralyzed severely if he hadn't.

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well WWE is exceptionally strict about these kinds of things. There's nothing wrong with taking some time to make sure he's okay as well as giving them time to decide how they're going to handle things such as his return and what they're comfortable having him do in the ring.

I'm sure he's frustrated but, for lack of a better cliche, better safe than sorry.

Raine

The Artiste
Reaction score
WWE has to be very strict because they surely don't want one of there Superstars to get badly injured and that makes a ton of sense. If I was involved on the business end of the WWE I would be really cautious to let him wrestle ever again. I can also understand where Daniel Bryan is coming from. Wrestling is this guys life. He has said it before that it is all he really knows. It must be really scary for him that there is a chance that he will never be able to do what he loves to do and get back into the ring.

Reactions: I'll See Ya Kia