Concern Surrounding WrestleMania Main Event, Backup Plans In Place

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Imagine if Lesnar just decides not to show up again. Vince will never get his match. This wouldn't be anything new for Lesnar, since he did this when he was IWGP champion.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Why wouldn't he stick with the buttload of money he makes from WWE whenever he has to work a schedule as light as his? Better yet...why pair Strowman up with Elias whenever that match won't draw whatsoever? I'd rather see them drag Goldberg out to the ring and have him face Strowman instead.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Well, long-term booking WWE, the one time you do long-term booking, this happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Why wouldn't he stick with the buttload of money he makes from WWE whenever he has to work a schedule as light as his? Better yet...why pair Strowman up with Elias whenever that match won't draw whatsoever? I'd rather see them drag Goldberg out to the ring and have him face Strowman instead.

No idea. If he really no showed and it's not a work, then he probably did it to get a better contract if he wants to sign a new WWE contract. Or maybe there's something else going on behind the scenes. I'd assume on some level Lesnar thinks he is indispensable and after the Roman match, he won't really be... I dunno...

More than likely, it's just a ploy to get the crowd on Roman's side.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
No idea. If he really no showed and it's not a work, then he probably did it to get a better contract if he wants to sign a new WWE contract. Or maybe there's something else going on behind the scenes. I'd assume on some level Lesnar thinks he is indispensable and after the Roman match, he won't really be... I dunno...

More than likely, it's just a ploy to get the crowd on Roman's side.

@Jacob Fox That what I though when I heard that promo last night.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This is all bs. It’s def a work. Brock knows where his bread is buttered. Sure, he may still try to have a match or 2 in UFC, but he doesnt want to do full time MMA. Why? Because he has it made in WWE. He works part time, is in every main event, and is making bank.

Brock may have honestly missed raw for some family emergency, or other important reason, but in any case, I don’t believe for a second that he simply “no showed.” Plus, it all seemed like a work regardless, especially after Roman’s promo, which was surprisingly not half bad.

Last edited:

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
lmao this is such a work and all the so called smarks are getting worked hard

This is so stupid

Reactions: Redboy123@

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Contrary to popular belief, I don't think this is a work. They said Paul Heyman was at Elimination Chamber. I was excited to see what transpires, but alas, we didn't get shit. Monday? We were expecting a face to face between Brock and Reigns, again... no show. They don't advertise shit for no reason. If they advertise your appearance, WWE has to meet that advertisement, or they can risk false advertisement lawsuit. *smacks head* Just common sense.

If this turns out to be true, then it's a work. At this point though, I don't believe so.

So, if WWE is really that concerned, then expect plan B's with the Wrestlemania Main Event. If Brock keeps this shit up he's going to lose that "power play" he has with WWE. Vince or whoever ends up in charge of WWE right now will have to throw Brock Lesnar booking out of the window. And the crowd is okay with it, it sounds like.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, I don't think this is a work. They said Paul Heyman was at Elimination Chamber. I was excited to see what transpires, but alas, we didn't get shit. Monday? We were expecting a face to face between Brock and Reigns, again... no show. They don't advertise shit for no reason. If they advertise your appearance, WWE has to meet that advertisement, or they can risk false advertisement lawsuit. *smacks head* Just common sense.

If this turns out to be true, then it's a work. At this point though, I don't believe so.

So, if WWE is really that concerned, then expect plan B's with the Wrestlemania Main Event. If Brock keeps this shit up he's going to lose that "power play" he has with WWE. Vince or whoever ends up in charge of WWE right now will have to throw Brock Lesnar booking out of the window. And the crowd is okay with it, it sounds like.
Lol WWE does this all the time with non televised events, which from a lawsuit perspective is just as serious. Vince has been doing this for years and I’m sure I’m fine print it says any of this is subject to change, because people are people and prone to injury, life, and illness, etc. I’m sure WWE is fine. They alter their cards and stars literally all the time. Televised is a little more critical because it can ruin a story, but from a legal perspective, it’s the same thing and doesn’t matter that much.

Even if it’s not a work, I guarantee this isn’t a “power play.” Brock prob had something else going on and had to miss. It happens. He did the power play before and talks about how he regretted handling the situation like he did, so I don’t think he’s pulling the same shit he did when he was younger. He’s a business man, older, and making bank. I highly doubt this is a power play.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
They need Strowman in the match, maybe he can pull a Daniel Bryan but in a bigger way because you know he's a monster

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Fire Lesnar, clone Reigns, and have an Ironman match between Roman Reigns and Roman Reigns as the main event.

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
What if they don't need a backup plan? What the hell does Strowman do?.. They can't shove him in some stupid battle royal with all the losers.