Complainers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I had a stepbrother who did nothing but complained all time about anything and everything. He would complain about people not helping him and when you offered to help him, he would say he doesn't need help and later complain about no one helping him, lol.
Sounds like the people in my family. No matter what you did or didn't do, they complain about it. It is like they are unable to be grateful/thankful or something.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
When a person does it every day and looks for things to complain about. Like if you are living in a constant state of dissatisfaction or unhappiness, stress levels are higher. It also makes the highs of happiness or joy a lot higher, and coming down from those a lot harder. You may end up with things like anxiety or depression, or end up with physical stress issues like weight gain, poor sleep, high blood pressure, bowel and digestive issues, and so on. A person in a constant state of stress is not a healthy person, mentally, physically, or both.
depends on the person. Someone can moan loads of times everyday of the week, doesn't mean it's going to destroy them mentally and physically. It's just their personality and humour. I think that's in more cases than not.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Sounds like the people in my family. No matter what you did or didn't do, they complain about it. It is like they are unable to be grateful/thankful or something.
To be honest, he was pretty ungrateful because he had a chip on his shoulder in a sense and acted like the world owed him something or he deserved special treatment in a sense. Also, yeah it was a no-win thing because when you did help him he would complain about how you didn't do it right and stuff, you know.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
depends on the person. Someone can moan loads of times everyday of the week, doesn't mean it's going to destroy them mentally and physically. It's just their personality and humour. I think that's in more cases than not.
Stress is stress and too much of it is never healthy. You don't want to be 100% stress free just like you don't want to be 100% full of stress. Venting/complaining now and then is healthy but doing it every day is not. Like I said, the people who do this are very unhappy and that is not a state of mental clarity or health.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
To be honest, he was pretty ungrateful because he had a chip on his shoulder in a sense and acted like the world owed him something or he deserved special treatment in a sense. Also, yeah it was a no-win thing because when you did help him he would complain about how you didn't do it right and stuff, you know.
Yeah I know some people like that. One of them didn't have a stable family... Mother was a drug user, father was never around. Instead of learning from it and she chose to hold the cloud over her head and walk around in an almost constant state of "poor me". Every little thing that doesn't go the way she wants to a T is horrific and she will often get very angry over the dumbest things.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Just so you know I am not using opinions on this, it is how the body works: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/what-happens-when-your-immune-system-gets-stressed-out/

"In short spurts, cortisol can boost your immunity by limiting inflammation. But over time, your body can get used to having too much cortisol in your blood. And this opens the door for more inflammation, Dr. Calabrese says."

Yes, venting and complaining can reduce stress but like stress itself, too much of it is not healthy.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah I know some people like that. One of them didn't have a stable family... Mother was a drug user, father was never around. Instead of learning from it and she chose to hold the cloud over her head and walk around in an almost constant state of "poor me". Every little thing that doesn't go the way she wants to a T is horrific and she will often get very angry over the dumbest things.
Yeah, I have known a lot of people like that as well, and I always wondered what they got from self-pity and such, but eventually, I gave up on looking for an answer.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Stress is stress and too much of it is never healthy. You don't want to be 100% stress free just like you don't want to be 100% full of stress. Venting/complaining now and then is healthy but doing it every day is not. Like I said, the people who do this are very unhappy and that is not a state of mental clarity or health.
Complaining releases stress for a lot of people. That's why people complain. So I would imagine that in most cases complaining does not equal stress. Doing it everyday means that they are releasing stress. Its their way of releasing it.

people who are super stressed and unhealthy. I would argue the reason why they are like that is not them complaining. complaining is just the bi product of the original problem. Whats making them complain is the problem.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Complaining releases stress for a lot of people. That's why people complain. So I would imagine that in most cases complaining does not equal stress. Doing it everyday means that they are releasing stress. Its their way of releasing it.

people who are super stressed and unhealthy. I would argue the reason why they are like that is not them complaining. complaining is just the bi product of the original problem.

There is a cross over. When you complain or vent to relieve stress, that is good.
When you are always doing it, this means you are always under stress. Like I mentioned in the post above, you end up damaging your body.

For a lot of heavy/chronic complainers, it would do them more good to meditate or release anger/frustration physically instead of emotionally. Exercise being one of the best ways to do this. It actually makes you happier because it fluctuates hormone levels.

I do not know a single person who complains about everything everyday who is healthy. Not a single one.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I have known a lot of people like that as well, and I always wondered what they got from self-pity and such, but eventually, I gave up on looking for an answer.

Sometimes it is a learned behavior from parents.

I will admit I complain or sometimes just need to vent to someone while they listen but I can't imagine living in that state of mind every day.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Sometimes it is a learned behavior from parents.

I will admit I complain or sometimes just need to vent to someone while they listen but I can't imagine living in that state of mind every day.
Oh, I agree with you on the learned thing completely.

Nah, you just vent by posting gifs towards me, lol. Nah, in seriousness I get it venting isn't bad if done every so often, but if you dwell on it and such then it becomes a problem.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Nah, in seriousness I get it venting isn't bad if done every so often, but if you dwell on it and such then it becomes a problem.
I swear venting just means to release emotions. Venting just means not bottling up your emotions. Some people do that through complaining. I would encourage people to vent regularly, even if its complaining. Sure there are better ways of venting tho eg exercise

Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I seem to remember in Pet Semetary by Stephen King one of his characters saying, "never complain, never explain."

A curious way of remaining silent and deciding not to let others know how deep your reasoning runs.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Optimists see: A glass half full.

Pessimists see: A glass half empty.
Pessimists says: My Life sucks...

Optimists says: Eat some concrete & harden the fuck up Princess!

Of course that might just be how we do things in Australia...
I've noticed the rest of World seems a little bit more "sensitive"
than my home country.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Pessimists says: My Life sucks...

Optimists says: Eat some concrete & harden the fuck up Princess!

Of course that might just be how we do things in Australia...
I've noticed the rest of World seems a little bit more "sensitive"
than my home country.
Some places are more sensitive than others. I think America has a mix and it depends where you live.