Community (TV Show Discussion Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Neil: This sword was one of a kind. It was forged by my ancestors.
Pierce: I hump it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Pierce is killing this ep

"Hey, Troy. Our study group after all we been through we gotta stick together. You. Me. And Jeff, Rainman. Big Boobs, and Medium Boobs, and Black Boobs, we're a family!"
Troy: Am I black boobs?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm skipping this episode.
The best part was Jeff bailing out Pierce from Jail.

S2E6.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
S1 finale is straight money

not sure if I'm going to start into s2 tonight

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Troy: Holy crap, Leonard is a zombie!
Abed: ZOMBIE ATTACCK!

Not the funniest episode, but enjoyable.
For comedy I'd give it a 8/10

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, I finally caught up. Also, I have the episode list opened up in another tab because I can only remember the name for like half of the ones I wanted to bring up (Remedial Chaos Theory, Introduction To Finality, Digital Estate Planning, Documentary Filmmaking: Redux, Basic Lupine Urology, Pillows & Blankets, Cooperative Escapism in Family Relations, and that's about it, at least of the positive ones I wanted to bring up).

Season 3 started off a bit rough by Community standards and it wasn't until Remedial Chaos Theory that I really started feeling this season. Remedial Chaos Theory was the first episode of the show I've seen and it still remains one of the series's greatest. The Darkest Timeline bits (Troy getting the pizza and the tag) are both two of the funniest moments on the show for me. The whole episode was awesome, just hit after hit. Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps was awesome. Not sure I liked it as much as Epidemiology, they both have their own merits . It also was the first introduction of Daybreak, which is an awesome song and I love every-time someone hums it. Documentary Filmmaking: Redux stands out a lot and entirely for the Dean. The Dean gained so much depth in that episode and Jim Rash was just killed it. Regional Holiday Music sucked, I got very little enjoyment out of it. I disliked liked a few episodes this season but this was the only one worth bringing up. Everything from like Pillows & Blankets to the end of the season was quite possibly Community's all-time high. I loved every episode from that span so I'm just going bring up a few (the more stand outs due to references and being the finale). Basic Lupine Urology stands out, and I love the [unplanned] funny background event in it. Digital Estate Planning was awesome and I'm really pissed at Chevy for fucking up the planned tag but the episode was still good aside from that. I love games so. Introduction To Finality was damn near perfect and I would've been completely content if that was it. I'm happy it wasn't but I wouldn't of been too bothered if it was.

Season 4 started off terribly. It took me two sit-throughs to make it through History 101. Thankfully the rest of the season was pretty good. Not many stand out, as this season to me was mostly just okay for me but there are a few that stood out. Cooperative Escapism in Family Relations being the main one and also my favorite of the season. Jeff's "You take credit for that" speech at the end to his father is by far one of my favorite scenes in the series and I've must of rewatched that speech twenty times already. McHale was perfect there (the whole cast really delivered this season, even when the writing was poor). The whole episode was really solid. Pierce's role in Economics of Marine Biology & Herstory Dance (which on a whole were meh & pretty good respectively) were pretty nice. Intro To Felt Surrogacy was better than I thought it'd be. At the very least I liked the first and last song in the episode (kind of odd since the only one that made me laugh was the second one [okay just remembered the third one mentioned the Eartha Kitt running joke, that just a chuckle out of me (in fact, both lines that got a laugh out of me was by Pierce)]), even though they weren't funny and it really bothers me that they were even featured in the first place. Like, did the study guide just start singing the story? The only other episode like this was Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas and they made sure to make it clear they were actually singing (and actually made jokes about it, which were great), not just a random musical for the sake of it. Basic Human Anatomy might've been my favorite episode had they not Britta'd the Britta/Troy relationship prior to this episode. Everything handled in the episode was perfect, but it loses it's impact when we rarely actually see the relationship. It hurts if we don't see it develop but we rarely ever see it. Conventions of Space & Time was the most we saw it and that hardly devoted any time to it. Heroic Origins should've been my favorite, for all the callbacks in stuff (which I got a kick out of, and there were a ton) but it messing up Troy's backstory brings it down a bit and honestly I just don't like the idea behind it. I don't like the idea that the study group were majorly impacting each other's life before they came to Greendale, that all their backstories were heavily interconnected. It's nowhere near as bad as when Batman Beyond did it in the Justice League Unlimited episode Epilogue but I still dislike it. It may not be the best reason. As for the finale episode, it was really terrible outside of Jeff's speech. I had a very long explanation of what I thought sucked about it (almost all of it had to do with The Darkest Timeline, and also the treatment of Pierce's exit from the show) but this post has already been ungodly long so I choose not to drag it out any longer.

Looking forward to season five, in the meantime I'll be rewatching season two (which is my favorite season) with my brother.

Reactions: CM Punk

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Also, Dolph's Sig got me interested so I searched "Which Community Character Am I?" on google and took pretty much every quiz on the first page. I only felt three were actually pretty good, but the third one said I was Britta and while I totally see how they got that, I'd rather not acknowledge it any further so I'm only going to post the results to the first two.

7Dv6FfP.jpg

hCUNuJW.png

Christian, your turn!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He would either get Winger or Troy. I would mark if he got Britta