Come up with ideas of how Del rio could use his money

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
NO! said:
It's meant to be a PG show, one where 8 year olds and 60 year olds can watch. They are teaching the 8 year olds to waste money practically and I don't think bribing would be entertaining nor a good lesson for the little kids. If they want to teach a lesson, just donate to charity. Maybe even donate to BE A STAR. Who knows? But there has to be something for everyone and I don't think any bribes or anything would work.

Then again... (read spoiler for more - DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT RAW SPOILT)
Sheamus did steal Alberto's car and that isn't teaching kids a lesson so who knows?

Del Rio is a heel and thus isn't trying to be the best role model for kids so it's perfectly ok. Saying it's teaching kids that bribing is ok is like saying Nash hitting Triple H with a sledgehammer last year is teaching kids that it's ok to whack people with sledgehammers. If it was a babyface doing it, it'd be different.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I'm no expert here, but Alberto doesn't seem like a bad person. He orders his help (Ricardo) around, but that's Ricardo's job isn't it? I appreciate the OP's idea, but somehow even if Alberto started bribing people he may not come across as such a bad person. Some people in this world are scummy and give off an air of creepiness and Alberto isn't one of those people.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He could drive a fancy car into the arena (like a different one every show) for a part of his entrance

KiaSport said:
I'm no expert here, but Alberto doesn't seem like a bad person. He orders his help (Ricardo) around, but that's Ricardo's job isn't it? I appreciate the OP's idea, but somehow even if Alberto started bribing people he may not come across as such a bad person. Some people in this world are scummy and give off an air of creepiness and Alberto isn't one of those people.

So you agree with my Alberto del Rio face turn movement?

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
He could drive a fancy car into the arena (like a different one every show) for a part of his entrance

So you agree with my Alberto del Rio face turn movement?

Yes

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Do you agree with my turning him face by teaming with Rey movement?

I guess you're not asking me, but I see Alberto being somewhat of a folk-hero who gives his money to the poor children in Mexico. He could be a mexican hero and WWE can show him doing all kinds of selfless acts for the people there. Alberto could be prideful as always, just kind-hearted to the needy.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Do you agree with my turning him face by teaming with Rey movement?

Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. I'm pretty mixed on the idea

if you mean 'teaming with Rey' like they have each other's back for a second, and have maybe a PPV match or a couple of Raw matches as partners I'd be okay with it. But as permanent like tag team champion stay as a team and be lost in that division? no, hell no.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I mean it as Del Rio being FORCED to team with Rey. The first few tag-team matches they have ADR keeps screwing Rey by walking out or putting no effort in his matches. This can happen for a month or so, then suddenly Rey gets attacked by heel tag-team, ADR comes out for the save but still shows he's not completely aligned with Rey by refusing to shake his hand. You can have it as Rey being the guy that propels the face turn, it ensures ADR will get reactions too.

Not sure how they'd split though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
meh. maybe if the tag team division weren't the lowest form of a mid card at this point I'd be less hesitant.. I think Rey and especially ADR are just above that. It's an idea, but I don't think it would be too hard to turn ADR face anyhow

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I mean it as Del Rio being FORCED to team with Rey. The first few tag-team matches they have ADR keeps screwing Rey by walking out or putting no effort in his matches. This can happen for a month or so, then suddenly Rey gets attacked by heel tag-team, ADR comes out for the save but still shows he's not completely aligned with Rey by refusing to shake his hand. You can have it as Rey being the guy that propels the face turn, it ensures ADR will get reactions too.

Not sure how they'd split though.

Worst idea ever. He should use his money to buy wwef.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
meh. maybe if the tag team division weren't the lowest form of a mid card at this point I'd be less hesitant.. I think Rey and especially ADR are just above that. It's an idea, but I don't think it would be too hard to turn ADR face anyhow

How can you revamp the tag-team division without former main eventing stars? The tag-team division should have 1-3 main tag-teams, the great partners who perform great matches and have cool gimmicks. Then another 2-3 up-and-coming tag-teams like Kidd/Gabriel, Curt/Reks and Ascention for example. Eventually, the lowers go over the uppers and become the new uppers, then the uppers can hop back to the main event. It needs to be a division where you don't post saying it's a step DOWN, it should just be an alternative direction than the main event.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:hmm: I wonder how it'll be if for one night Alberto hires APA to kick Sheamus's ass,

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Spending all his money, trying to heal Kelly Kelly from all the STI, STD's she's got...