College Kid blows $90,000 and blames parents

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Credit: Fox and Yahoo!

This college student deserves an “F†in accounting after she blew through a $90,000 college fund on expensive clothes and a trip to Europe and now has no way to pay for her senior year, a predicament she blames on her parents.

The 22-year-old woman detailed her financial woes on an Atlanta FM-radio show whose wisecracking hosts derided her spendthrift ways and whose listeners belittled on Twitter as the millennial who was giving millennials a bad name. Kim, who did not mention her last name or her school, told “The Bert Show†that it was all her parents fault for not showing her how to manage her money.

“Maybe they should have taught me how to budget a little better, a little more carefully,†she told the show the other day. “They never sat me down and had a real serious talk about it. They said, ‘Here’s your college fund, it’s for classes only.’â€

Dr. Keith Ablow, a psychiatrist and member of the Fox News Medical A-Team, told "Fox & Friends" Sunday that Kim’s parents do share part of the blame.

“Not necessarily for failing to teach their daughter financial regimens and accounting, but because they didn’t teach her character,†he said.

Kim said her grandparents set up the college fund for her years ago. She contacted “The Bert Show†after the school had just mailed her the tuition bill for her senior year, according to Yahoo's financial news website. She explained that she was short about $20,000 for her final two semesters.

“I just wasn’t very good with my budget,†she said. “I also used it to budget for school clothes, stuff like that. My college break money…Maybe I should have not done that.â€

Kim said she also used her college tuition money on a European vacation. “The Europe thing I thought was part of my education and that’s how I tried to justify that,†she said, according to Yahoo!

In another call, the young woman said her parents told her there was nothing they could do for her because they didn’t have any money. She accused her father of being a “little bit of a jerk about it†after she told him she was broke.

“They’re not being honest with me, saying they don’t have it because my father has worked for like a million years and they have a retirement account,†Kim said.

She said her parents suggested she take out a loan with the credit union. “And I’m like, 'How am I supposed to do that?'†she said.

The next day Kim told the show she went down to the credit union after all to apply for a loan. She said the loan officer told her she would need her parents as co-signers because she didn’t work and didn’t have collateral.

Kim told the show her parents wouldn’t co-sign unless she got a part-time job.

“I don’t know. Maybe I’ll tell my parents I’ll be a stripper if they don’t co-sign,†the woman said.

In a fourth call to the station, Kim said her situation had improved. Her loan had been approved and she was looking for a job, as much as that pained her.

She was also still blaming her parents.

“I know they’re trying to teach me a lesson blah, blah, blah and character building, but like I hope they realize that this can have such a negative effect on my grades and as a person,†Kim said on the air.
Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/19/college-student-blames-parents-after-blows-0g-college-fund/

This is another shining example of the following generation! Great sense of self-entitlement there!

What is even more hilarious is she still owes $20,000 for her last two semesters.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
“Maybe they should have taught me how to budget a little better, a little more carefully"

Followed by:

"Here's your college fund, it's for classes only"

Instructions sound pretty clear to me dipshit.

Reactions: 1 person