Colby Sol

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weapon X

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
NEWS02.jpg

BASIC INFORMATION
Wrestling Name:
Colby Sol
Picture Base: Drilla Moloney
Current Nicknames: "The Conjurer"
Retired Nicknames: "The Lone Sol", "The Right Hand of Virtue", "The Cure"
Height: 5’, 11’
Weight: 223
Hometown: Announced as " Hailing From The City of Champions" Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Disposition/Alignment:
Neutral Evil - Heel
Notable Matches: N/A
Gimmick:
Boxer turned professional wrestler; rebel looking to become a tyrant
History: A former amateur boxer, Colby's once looked to put himself in the same conversation as EAW's best and THE breakout star of his generation by any means necessary. The roguishly handsome brawler is quick witted, and gets under their skin with his trash talk, but he fights for what he believes is true, and is hoping too etch his name in the history books. Colby is dastardly in the ring, focusing on striking offense and exposing cuts like a boxer. He sees no shame in taking the win over a bad cut, stepping on an oppenent's foot for some dirty boxing, or attacking the ankle to lock in the Sol 2 Keep. After a hiatus from the American wrestling scene, Colby is back looking to start right back up from where he was, so get outta his way, or get ran over.
Enemies: None, yet.
Allies: None, probably ever.

RINGSIDE INFORMATION
Style: Mix of King's Road & Boxing
Theme Music: "Lay Down" by Priestess

In Ring Attire:
Usually wears traditional wrestling trunks or long black pants with etchings of white & orange hearts. He wraps his hands with white tape and wears a sleeveless leather jacket with white wolf fur on the shoulders during his entrance. He currently bares a messy mesh of platinum hair and some stubble.

MOTIVATIONS
What are your character’s motivations for competing?: To live up to his older brothers status, and win championships.
Tendency to Cheat: Willing to take opportunites to cheat but won't use weapons or interference. He believes the last man standing is the winner, no if's and's or but's.

IN-RING INFORMATION
Career Debut: 2018
TV Wrestling Debut: 2020
FWA Debut: 2024
Favorite Match Types [Optional]: Tapei Death Match, the ultimate test for one's pain tolerance.
Favorite Weapon: N/A
FWA Achievements: Semi-Finalist in King of The Deathmatch III.
Tag Team History: The Covenant (w/ Jesse Barlow & Hannah Marin) (2020)

Common Moves:
1. Chops to the chest and back
2. T-Bone Suplex
3. Forearm Shots
4. Swinging Neckbreaker
5. Dropsault Dropkick
6. Suicide Dive
7. Springboard Clothesline
8. Chop Block
9. Boxing Punches to the stomach/head
10. Enziguri
11. Running Shooting Star From The Apron (To a Standing or Laying Opponent)
12. Diving Foot Stomp from the top or middle rope onto the ankle
13. Boxing Elbows
14. Figure Four Leglock using the ring post
15. Falcon Arrow
16. Reverse DDT
17. Double Snap Suplex combo into a spinebuster
18. Top Rope Superplex
19. Discus Chop To The Head
20. A Good Ol' DDT

Signature Moves:
1. 'Sol Eater' Jumping TKO into a Dragon Sleeper
2. "Sol Food" Eat Defeat
3. SHOTGUN (Lariat, often with theatrics i.e. trash talk before hitting it)
4. Running Corner High Knee (Either in The Corner or Against The Ropes)
5. 'Kryptonite' Springboard or Running Superman Punch

Finishing Moves:
2. 'Sol 2 Keep' Ankle Lock (Multiple-Variations)
3. 'Sol Reaper' Powerbomb into a single knee lungblower (Catching or Pop Up Variations) (Innovated)

Rare Finishing Moves:
"Sol Suvivor" - Shooting Star Press Coast 2 Coast, rarely used outside of big title matches or pay-per-view events

6B95AdJ.png

January 23rd, 2021

?:
"It takes a smart man to know when he's been beat. It takes an even smarter man to admit he's been beat."

The television lit up the lonely apartment living room as the narration documented the scene. Dirty clothes laid unfolded by a sofa, the counter table was stained with ash, and the ashtray in the center held a lit cigarette. Sat in that sofa was a miserable pile of flesh, a creature you could barely call a man. There sat Colby two years ago, wallowing in his own filth and self-pity. His eyes were half shut as his head nodded again and again, waiting for it's host to finally say "fuck it" and rest. But his soul, his pitiful soul, it forced him to sit awake, watching highlights of the man he once was.

COLBY SOL: "Almost four years ago, I wasn't that man. I was dumb as bricks, a boxer with a temper problem running with a wannabe tough guy clique. Four years ago, I was that kid chasing for a rush. I always wanted what my brother had... a memorable career, a nice cozy home away from home, and overall... shit... I just wanted people to give a shit about me."

These people, these fans, as they watched him ruthlessly beat on other fighters, they hated him. They would boo, they would taunt, they were hate Colby Sol. On the screen, he smiled brightly, cupping his ear to irritate the fans, but here, on this lonesome throne of regret, sat a remorseful king. As Colby became more cocky on the screen, the man in the couch would shut his eyes hard, wincing, holding back tears. Even with the sound off he couldn't stomach what he was. He forced his restless body, the same body he hadn't trained in months, to grab the remote and hit the power button.

COLBY SOL: "I fucked that up though, just like everything else I did up until that point. What I saw on that screen, it horrified me, because I knew that next morning when I woke up and would have to look at myself in the mirror, I knew I had to walk around with that face. That face that no one had cared about. It hurt me more then anything else I faced when I was a boxer or a wrestler. My greatest oppenent was myself, and I couldn't overcome that match up."

Resting his elbows on his knees, he held his face, covering his eyes. Even secluded in this small room, he was embarrased. Embarrased that his palms were wet from the tears he was shedding. He sniffled, tried bottling up what he felt, and reached out to his lit vice, when the only light in his room came from the phone resting on the table. The vibration stopped his fingers while the name appearing on the caller ID stopped his heart. Stevey... his brother. The same brother who had tried to call him time and time again during his run in EAW, the same brother who he knew was warning him NOT to go down the path Colby did... the same brother that Colby couldn't face.

COLBY SOL: "Stevey... God bless him. I never wanted to count on him for a damn thing... even to this day, I'll try to force my way through a situation, while he already walked around it and kept moving on. I thought, when I got that call, he would antagonize me, I thought that he would call me a loser, hell... I thought he would demand I not use the name "Sol" anymore. Whatever insecurities I had, whatever I felt that night, I just remember thinking that anything was better then living off of merchandise checks every month. "

For a few moments, the call rang, and for a few moments, Colby pondered what to do. As you heard the man, anything was better then what he was doing now, so slowly, Colby picked up the phone, and hit accept. He uttered a murmur, a soft one, and as a few moments passed, the camera of the scene began backing away, as Colby flipped the TV back on, showcasing his early, hopeful career as a boxer.

COLBY SOL: "Steven and I, we talked for hours that night. It was tough at first, real tough, but as he told me about his ventures in Japan as a wrestler, I felt hope for the first time in a long time. I rambled on about bringing despair, death, and a plague to the fans... but during that call with my big brother? I felt like I was talking to a hero. He was my hero, and I'll be a son of a bitch if I ever forget what he did for me."

The eerie scene would fade to a bright one, as a helicopter flew high over Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan, where inside, a quick cut to Colby Sol leaping off of the top rope with a spingboard superman punches knocks out a competitor! A short highlight reel of some of his moves, such as the T-Bone Suplex, SHOTGUN Lariat, and Sol 2 Keep would help him pick up the win. On the outside? His big brother, smiling from ear to ear.

COLBY SOL: "I needed just one real good opportunity, and I started to climb the ranks in Full Force Japan, a little promotion over in Tokyo. I was proud, not just for the fact that I was finally in the ring again, but proud to compete at that level with a certified gajin legend in my corner. But while it was all fun and games, I felt it was important to continue the story I began to ink here in the States."

Another short reel plays, this time, showing Colby and Steven Sol in suits standing side by side with FWA Officals. Colby smiled with hope as he signed his name on the dotted line, looking healthier and mentally refreshed. It was offical, Colby Sol was now a member of the FWA. This, however, was not extended to Stevey, who still had prior business to settle in Japan. The brothers smiled, fist bumped, and Steven left Colby to soak in the glory. Colby kept his eyes focused on Stevey, as his idol, his hero... his big brother, stepped out of the frame, helping Colby again and wanting nothing in return. Finally, the screen fades to Colby, wearing his wrestling attire as he sat on the bottom turnbuckle, looking at his fists, then to the camera.

COLBY SOL: "I fought tooth and nail to be speaking to you, and you better believe it when I say I will never be that sad sack of shit ever again. No longer will I be chained down by the weight and guilt of who I was, but don't let that fool you, especially you, the boys in the back, because I'm still a mean son'uva'bitch. I'm still a dastardly, tactical, ruthless fighting machine. So step up, show me what you've got, and get ready to be knocked the fuck down if you think you can keep me from reaching the highest heights of the FWA."

"I was once The Cure."

"I was once The Right Hand of Virture."

"But now? At the end of the day?"

"I'm still Colby Fuckin' SOL."

FWA WIN-LOSS-DRAW RECORD
4-2-0

LOST vs. Secular Spectacular; Christmas Crossfire (2024)
WON vs. La Sombra Filosa; Fallout 037
WON vs. Madison Gray; Fallout 038
Semi-Finalist of the King of The Deathmatch 3 Tournament 3.17.24
- Defeated Leafdom via submission in the Cage of Death
- Defeated Xperienx Xtacee in Fans Bring The Weapons
- LOST vs. Johnny Johnson Clockwork Orange House of Fun Deathmatch
BASIC INFORMATION
Wrestling Name: Steven Sol
Nicknames: "Stevey", "The Fullmetal Anarchist"
Height: 6’, 0’
Weight: 240
Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

CHARACTER INFORMATION
The older brother of Colby, Steven Sol is an accomplished pro wrestler in his own right, touring multiple promotions in the land of the rising sun, Japan. Although he hasn't stepped foot into an American ring for years, he's often seen in the local bars of Pittsburgh, giving his brother advice. He's taught everything Colby knows, and has been in this game for over a decade, practically raising the both of them through their childhood.

Last edited:

Weapon X

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Pic-base changed from Shane Haste to Drilla Moloney. Move-set has also been updated.