Cody Rhodes Working w/Injuries, Current WMania Plan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to F4WOnline.com, WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes is said to be working through several nagging injuries at the moment, and was spotted limping backstage at several recent live events, and has been in noticeable pain for the past couple weeks.

This time of year is particularly rough on the wrestlers' bodies, as they are working extra hard to build towards WWE's biggest event of the year. It's being said, however, that despite the pain Rhodes seems to be in,
he is still expected to compete at WrestleMania and at this point is expected to retain his IC Title against Big Show.

I have noticed recently that he is pretty banged up and not wrestling at a very fast pace compared to how he was before and when he leaves the ring he is limping most the time. I'm sure a lot of guys would be working through the same thing especially with WM coming up and they want to try and impress officials. I say give him 2 or 3 weeks with no wrestling and just let him just cut promos on Show and such which he is pretty good at, they have been very entertaining. Don't really see a need to have him win matches. He should just rest until Mania to try and get ready and put on a good performance. He won't be 100% within that time-frame but he will still be better than what he is at now. He needs to rest before it culminates into something serious as a lot of guys have been getting injured lately with the schedule and working it with injuries such as Orton. I can see the same happening with Rhodes if he doesn't rest.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think he got injured in that clusterfuck of a 6 man tag team match or whatever it was, where Barrett also got injured majorly. I'm sure he will be fine and WWE officials know what they're doing, rather then keep him out of action they're most likely giving him tips on how to wrestle through injuries and shiz.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
He was hurt in the Chamber from last memory but took a nasty fall in the battle royal. He should take it easy and cut some promos next few weeks. Its bad enough he has to work with Show who obviously can't move that well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No way he will miss this match, most guys will be working through some sort of injury and he won't want to miss WM. Just like at Ted DiBiase he is out because of an ankle injured and then he revealed that he has been working with a bad shoulder for an entire year and is only now having surgery on it, the guys are all banged up. Tough opponent to work with if he is carrying an injury especially since he will be bumping a lot for this match.