Cody Rhodes reportedly going to TNA soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
So TNA don't have the money to put BFG or the TV tapings. Are they gonna cancel the shows?
There are multiple bidders looking to buy the company, and thus fund the tapings and PPV. One of them is Billy corgan, who is already a minority owner, who wants to run it. WWE are also in with a bid, but they won't keep the company running post BFG. They'd want the tape library and what few stars they could see value in

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
There are multiple bidders looking to buy the company, and thus fund the tapings and PPV. One of them is Billy corgan, who is already a minority owner, who wants to run it. WWE are also in with a bid, but they won't keep the company running post BFG. They'd want the tape library and what few stars they could see value in
I was listening to WOR and they said Corgan is not likely to win the bid because he wants time to sort it all out and they don't really have that time.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I was listening to WOR and they said Corgan is not likely to win the bid because he wants time to sort it all out and they don't really have that time.
Corgan wants to buy it cheap once they declare bankruptcy. Problem with that is anyone can swoop in before that happens and Dixie does not want to declare bankruptcy.

Hopefully the threat of WWE swooping in makes Corgan jump in and buy it early. TNA with the right people in charge can save it. And the product itself has been fun lately.

Last edited:

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Corgan wants to buy it cheap once they declare bankruptcy. Problem with that is anyone can swoop in before that happens and Dixie does not want to declare bankruptcy.

Hopefully the threat of WWE swooping in makes Corgan jump in and buy it early. TNA with the right people in charge can save it. And the product itself has been fun lately.
I don't think its fixable at this point, not so much the product. I still don't like it but I know other people do but financially they are pretty screwed and their reputation is in tatters, changing the name wont do much in regards to that.

I'm not exactly sure what the best case scenario is right now. It would be cool to see TNA's library on the Network.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I disagree on it not being fixable. It is. It will take time and a long term investment of money and effort. But it can be done. And Corgan has put together a team that is ready willing and able.

I say give them a shot to make it work. The more places to work that goes out of business, the harder it will be for the talents to make a living doing this.