Cody Rhodes reportedly going to TNA soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Former WWE Superstar Cody Rhodes is reportedly headed to TNA soon.

Dave Meltzer spoke with Cody at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles this weekend. Cody has a deal in place with TNA and is planning on working for both TNA and Ring of Honor but won't be under contract to either.

Cody is apparently planning on feuding with Mike Bennett in TNA after the two recently worked together in Northeast Wrestling. Brandi Rhodes, the former Eden, has been doing some of Cody's ring announcing on the indies and it sounds like she may appear in TNA as well, perhaps in a mini-feud with Bennett's wife Maria Kanellis.

Source

Sweet deal for Cody, if true.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Saw where they picked up Sandow and hated it, because TNA has a roster full of great talkers. They have 20 Sandows on the roster already, they don't have workers you want to see face each other.
Cody's a pretty kick-ass wrestler, but I don't think he's to the level where "Rhodes vs EC3" suddenly becomes interesting TV though, and that's the problem

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Eh. This might be the thing that makes me want to tune in to TNA.

In all honesty, literally the only reason i dont watch TNA is cause of Josh Matthews on commentary. He's god awful and i cant sit through matches with him there. Some might say "well thats a lame reason not to watch" but i dont care. Matthews is that bad.

Back on topic, ive always been a Cody fan so ill probably tune in from time to time.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If Ric Flair couldn't get me to watch TNA again, then Cody Rhodes stands no chance of accomplishing it.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
\_/

Hypothetically speaking, is there a star that'd make you tune in to TNA? For me it'd be Cena, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and maybe Daniel Bryan to see what he's doing. (CM Punk too if he still wrestled)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'd turn in for CM Punk probably. Dixie's exodus is a positive thing in my mind but when I turned in the other day, watching Billy Corgan as a on screen character was very painful. It would take a lot of work to get me invested into again. I'd watch for Punk though out of curiosity.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Reunite the Rhodes Scholars?

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
Oh boy, a feud with Mike Bennett, that'll put butts in seats!

Really the only times I'll watch is when Cody first debuts and if he interacts with Matt Hardy. TNA does so poorly with their roster that I couldn't give any less of a shit about anyone else they have so Cody going there wouldn't make me a TNA fan again.

HOWEVA
I need a Cody vs. Lashley match, for the championship, in a battle of the lisps match!

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Can't wait for his promo about how he was misused and forced to be someone he's not and now he's finally free like every fired WWE promo.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I hope to god that he doesn't cut a promo similar to the cliched ex-WWE promos.

And to answer the question above, I enjoy TNA for what it is, and I know that they'll misuse/misbook almost everyone there or any of the people listed. But my standards are low and have sat through 2 hours of god awful TV to watch Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I hope to god that he doesn't cut a promo similar to the cliched ex-WWE promos.

And to answer the question above, I enjoy TNA for what it is, and I know that they'll misuse/misbook almost everyone there or any of the people listed. But my standards are low and have sat through 2 hours of god awful TV to watch Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett.

When I was watching TNA earlier this year, Trevor Lee was unwatchable. Has he gotten any more interesting?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
TNA killed BFG to get Cody. Great banter