Cody Hall Turns Down WWE Offers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
It has been reported that WWE has offered Scott Hall's son Cody a developmental contract on more than one occasion. Cody has turned down those offers, stating that he wants to make a name for himself on the independent scene before trying to go to WWE.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Kudos to Cody Hall not just diving straight in to WWE. Respect to the guy for wanting Indie recognition before WWE fame. Not sure if this is news but I thought it was interesting.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Good for him. He's extremely young (only 21 or 22 years old, if I recall) and has all the time in the world to sign with WWE in the future.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Wow, smart kid, Scott knows how to bring him along properly. Really wise decision. I also love that the WWE is ready to bring him in, and can't wait to see him on NXT in the future.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
He's talked about going to Japan in interviews so it will be interesting to see if any of the bigger promotions there are willing to pick him up and if so where he will go/if he'll go right now or wait a year or two.

Cody put through the New Japan training system would create an absolute monster I suspect.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He's talked about going to Japan in interviews so it will be interesting to see if any of the bigger promotions there are willing to pick him up and if so where he will go/if he'll go right now or wait a year or two.

Cody put through the New Japan training system would create an absolute monster I suspect.
I'm sure the Bad Guy has enough ties in wrestling to get Cody's foot in the door with just about any org on the face of the planet.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I'm sure the Bad Guy has enough ties in wrestling to get Cody's foot in the door with just about any org on the face of the planet.
New Japan is a bit picky though. Every other fed would open their doors wide open. I'm sure he'd get a short tour with New Japan as a try out as least, then it comes down to him to impress the brass and the machine gun (who's responsible for bringing in foreigners alongside Tiger Hattori).

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't care how picky you are when a 22 year old kid with that size, look and pedigree comes knocking on YOUR door, you answer lol.

Stopspot

Reaction score
As I said. They'd probably take him on a trial run, then it's up to Cody. Only Japan promotion I see that'd just say no is Dragon Gate, and that's because they just work a different style focused on smaller guys doing lucha flips. Cody would be comically too big.

If Cody goes to Japan I hope it's New Japan. They'd make him a star if everything aligned proper.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I had to find a pick of this kid, I never seen him. Found this one and thought it was cool so I thought I would share.

5ccf2998f0106fce828a6c0b0bd96bd0.jpg

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
He should grow out a mean mullet. That being said, his dad is sexier.