coach as commentator?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

tnafan454

Reaction score
i think this is an ok move but he really didn't seem like he was in character maybe since it was his first night but he was agreeing with cole to much instead of argueing or yelling at him. i think this will be intresting to see how this works out

Da Purple Guy

Reaction score
Coach's first role was a commentator on Raw while Jim Ross was gone for awhile.

tnafan454

Reaction score
ya i no that but he really wasn't in character last night i just want to see how he can measure up to JBL as color commentator

phantomgerald

He definately won't be as loud or as colorful as JBL. I think as color commentator he should be someone like the coach in svr2008. Sort of like a tweener who wants whats best for his brand. Maybe say he got wrongly ousted from Raw and he wants to prove to them something.

MTG

Reaction score
Honestly i really enjoyed Smackdown better without JBL, coach let michael cole speak and cole really is a decent announcer, coach was good but he was too face, he should be a bit more of a tweener.

SuckIt

Reaction score
I can see this working, it's amazing how far Coach has come since he was doing home video wrap ups in 2000.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I would rather JBL on colour because he was fun to listen to and he also put his points across really well. Coaches commentating was fairly good from what I listened to but he sounded more like a play by play announcer and not a colour commentator

Enigma22

Reaction score
they shoulda got someone new to come in or a retired wrestler... fuck coach

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Coach should be a little less Face, and it seemed like the microphone was too far from his mouth, but considering it was his first night at it I'm not disappointed. I'd be happy to see him stay permanently.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Happy to see him stay permanantly, no way. I would rather what Enigma said. Have him stay short time and then replace him with a retired wrestler like even Dusty Rhodes. He travels with Smackdown and ECW and wouild be far more entertaining then Coach. Seriously

CT Styles

I knew he would be to face and he was but I think he could be a tweener he just needs to warm up it was his first time anyway.

tnafan454

Reaction score
I acually can't see coach full time unless he does get a tweener change then it might work but he'll end up replaced by somebody in a few months

beserker300

Reaction score
I think Coach is quite a good commentator. He'll be a good replacement, of course not as good as JBL but a decent fill-in

Now all they have to do is get rid of Michael Cole

CT Styles

I can see Michael saying something Coach doesn't agree with and Coach cracking it at Cole and that could be how he turns tweener.