CM Punk's psychotic side?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
theVio1ent0ne said:
Why is everbody talking like punk is retiring soon?

In a recent interview at comic-con (or somewhere else) he stated he doesn't want to be old and still be wrestling, and that if he gave us the date he'd be retiring we would all be disappointed. So the IWC has taken it as him retiring relatively soon, but Punk could just be doing a Jericho and trolling us all.

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It was great though he so came off as having a psychotic side. Which is is very needed at this point in the company, and lets be real there is no one who can do it better at this point for them. It had such a old school feel to that whole match it was all around great. As for the singing love the Andy Kaufman tribute “I am the new king of Memphis Tennesee. I knocked out Lawler last week. I’m going to knock him out again.”

Lindel

Jobber
Reaction score
Well he's worked really hard to get to this point in reality. WWE likes portraying stories and keeping things fresh, I'm glad my favourite wrestler has not buckled, he's been loyal to WWE. I just hope they keep him on air, I'd be devestated if he left :-( I can't wait for "the best in the world" dvd :)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
theVio1ent0ne said:
i doubt it hes only in his 30's

He's 33 yeah. The speculation has only come from his interview.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless said:
It was great though he so came off as having a psychotic side. Which is is very needed at this point in the company, and lets be real there is no one who can do it better at this point for them. It had such a old school feel to that whole match it was all around great. As for the singing love the Andy Kaufman tribute “I am the new king of Memphis Tennesee. I knocked out Lawler last week. I’m going to knock him out again.”

Agreed, I love the psychotic gimmick and it's certainly a gimmick with a lot of potential in modern WWE. I just wish he still keeps his smart side and doesn't start going completely off the rails. It reduces the chances of those epic pipebombs. Dean Ambrose is the right guy to have a full on psychotic gimmick.

Lindel said:
Well he's worked really hard to get to this point in reality. WWE likes portraying stories and keeping things fresh, I'm glad my favourite wrestler has not buckled, he's been loyal to WWE. I just hope they keep him on air, I'd be devestated if he left :-( I can't wait for "the best in the world" dvd :)

His DVD will be great, he's been working on it personally -- which is rare in WWE -- and has included some awesome clips apparently. I might buy it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, I don't think going with psychotic is the right route, I'd like to see him as an edgier heel, not just "gimme respect gimme spotlight" heel, more anti-establishment would be nice.

IAmE

Jobber
Reaction score
This is perfect for Punk in my opinion. Punk needs to be heel for the Pipe Bomb Punk to work. Shooting on heels isn't going to garner the overall response as shooting on a face. Heels are already hated, for the most part, so airing their dirty laundry does nothing for the unpredictable factor that Punk's great at

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
IAmE said:
This is perfect for Punk in my opinion. Punk needs to be heel for the Pipe Bomb Punk to work. Shooting on heels isn't going to garner the overall response as shooting on a face. Heels are already hated, for the most part, so airing their dirty laundry does nothing for the unpredictable factor that Punk's great at

Not sure how serious you can take a pipebomb from someone who's psychotic. I want him to keep his intelligence and his head screwed on, otherwise the crowd will just think "Oh, Punk's crazy, so let's not actually listen to his truth".

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The Great White Crayo said:
Not sure how serious you can take a pipebomb from someone who's psychotic. I want him to keep his intelligence and his head screwed on, otherwise the crowd will just think "Oh, Punk's crazy, so let's not actually listen to his truth".

Agreed. It takes a special person to play psychotic and intelligent at the same time. The only one who could pull that off at the moment in WWE is Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose. Maybe Bryan but he is more rage than insane in the membrane.