CM Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The place so nice they named it twice...new york,
WrestlingRevealed.com has learned that CM Punk (and a few others) were not drinking beer at the end of Monday Night Raw last night.

For those that don’t know, CM Punk lives a “straight edge” lifestyle, which means that he abstains from drugs and alcohol. There were a few fans who thought that he was drinking beer with the rest of the wrestlers, but he was in fact drinking a soda.

William Regal was another wrestler that was drinking soda instead of beer. He’s had a history of alcohol abuse in the past, so that would explain why William Regal would refrain from drinking.

Also, Stephanie McMahon, Shane McMahon, and Hulk Hogan were noticeably missing from the celebration. Hulk Hogan more than likely left the arena immediately after his segment ended. As far as Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon are concerned, it probably made more sense for them not to be there. With Vince McMahon being abused by Stone Cold Steve Austin in that segment, it would not have made sense for them to stand by.

There ya go....

PeepShow

LOL, ok, so that pretty much confirms it. I also heard that Bob Backlund was drinking a bottle of Water.

CenaMark54

I just watched the ending again. You can see Orton and Edge pounding beers in the background. Pretty damn funny.

PeepShow

In other news, Gangrel was seen backstage drinking blood.......>_>

Reaction score
^^^lol........beer....Pepsi....who cares I still missed it 'cause my DVR stopped recording right after Mankind appeared....

stryfe

Reaction score
Regal's looked like a can of coke...didn't catch what Punk's was, but read it was indeed soda

Airfixx

It was definately Pepsi, the straight edge thing isn't just a gimmick. It is an actual philosophy which he lives by.

That's the belief I held. Not suggesting it's merely a gimmick, but they play upon it for his character. (See Taker in biker mode).

He doesn't seem to have exactly nailed it though... I mean, way to go on the Pepsi tatoo.... N-O-O-O-O-T!!! (Which is kinda funny given the usual kinda anti-corporate politics etc. straight edge types so often embrace).

:Giggles at the thought of the guys from Fugazi all sporting McDonalds tatoos on their backs:

It'd be a pretty fucked up idea to get all those tatoos just for the entertainment of complete strangers.

He certainly wouldn't be the first....

stryfe

Reaction score
That's the belief I held. Not suggesting it's merely a gimmick, but they play upon it for his character. (See Taker in biker mode).

He doesn't seem to have exactly nailed it though... I mean, way to go on the Pepsi tatoo.... N-O-O-O-O-T!!! (Which is kinda funny given the usual kinda anti-corporate politics etc. straight edge types so often embrace).

:Giggles at the thought of the guys from Fugazi all sporting McDonalds tatoos on their backs:

He certainly wouldn't be the first....

I just saw Punk's shoot interview with RF video. He states he is straight edge but doesn't belong to any movement or group per se. Said he isn't vegan but will gladly get in someone's face if they question him being straight edge.