CM Punk Vs Mickey Gall - Who wins?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins?

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
"This is further proof that Shoots are not the best thing for business" - Jim Cornette

With all do respect when Brock Lesnar made his UFC debut he lost in under 90 seconds, he had an amateur MMA background unlike Punk. So that's something.

Apples and oranges. Punk fought a guy with one MMA fight under his belt. Lesnar lost to Frank Mir. It's nowhere close to being the same thing.

Reactions: Swift

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
images-4.jpg

Damn punk I bet credits on you wtf!
Still a fan I don't think he is done he has to redeem himself right? I guess only time can tell

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
You see, the issue here was that CM Punk didn't even make an attempt to escape the cage. Also what kinda generic fucking name is Mickey Gall anyway? This ppv was a fucking disappointment, matches were short and boring, storylines are going nowhere and all the belts look the same! Complete waste of money.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
CM Punk refused to shake the dude's hand? Lol. Such a smurf.

Also, I found this funny.
"I'll always be cordial and shake my opponents hand," Gall said. "He's awkward; like a dork. We're gonna fight."

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
You see, the issue here was that CM Punk didn't even make an attempt to escape the cage. Also what kinda generic fucking name is Mickey Gall anyway? This ppv was a fucking disappointment, matches were short and boring, storylines are going nowhere and all the belts look the same! Complete waste of money.
You missed the point. Punk put over young talent and cut a great babyface promo on Gall. Gall is the future, not Finn Balor. In hindsight, Punks hands were just too short to box with Gall.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
View attachment 2185
Damn punk I bet credits on you wtf!
Still a fan I don't think he is done he has to redeem himself right? I guess only time can tell

I guess but after that mauling, if I was a promoter, I would be hesitant to ever put him back in an MMA fight. The main things he had going for him were the curiosity and a great number of fans who wanted to see him get his ass kicked. There is no more curiosity and he's unlikely to take a beating that will top the one he got tonight. I highly doubt having him on a future card will be too beneficial to the UFC. But who knows, maybe I am wrong.

His ass kicking was so severe that I think it would probably be hurtful to opposing talent to be in the octagon with him. If a guy beats him, he doesn't really gain much from beating someone who got so severely whooped. If Punk beats his opponent, then that is going to make his opponent look bad. Punk's MMA life is going to be short and having him as fodder for other guys really doesn't help.

And I am saying this as a huge CM Punk fan. Personally, I like that he got his ass kicked because I honestly believe he needed a dose of humility. Hopefully he got it and can move on.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
That went just as expected.

Did people really expect Punk to win? A man with no amateur martial arts background, 10+ years of wear and tear from pro wrestling and who got 2 years of preferential treatment from the UFC was never beating Gall. As Fox pointed out the Brock comparison doesn't work either since Brock had a massive amateurs wrestling career before going into MMA. And I'm talking a massive amateur career.

Punk was brought in as a novelty and got destroyed.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The thing about Brocks debut is he was actually looking really good in the fight until the dude got him in the submission hold. CM Punk got swooped up and taken to the ground for a beating right from the start lol.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Was hoping for Punk to pull off the upset, but Mickey's damn good. He destroyed him.

Oh, well. At least Punk can say he tried. :bodallas:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Gotta have the 2016 version of :sad:.

That went just as expected.

Did people really expect Punk to win? A man with no amateur martial arts background, 10+ years of wear and tear from pro wrestling and who got 2 years of preferential treatment from the UFC was never beating Gall. As Fox pointed out the Brock comparison doesn't work either since Brock had a massive amateurs wrestling career before going into MMA. And I'm talking a massive amateur career.

Punk was brought in as a novelty and got destroyed.
Read water instead of tear, woulda made sense. Tonight was probably the first time in a while he wasn't skinny fat.