CM Punk Turns Down WWE Studios Movie Role

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If he was in an interesting role then I would watch it otherwise I would ignore it like I have for most of the previous WWE Films.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He will do something eventually for WWE and it will probably do okay since he has a lot of hardcore fans.

What WWE Films need to do is go back to the start. See No Evil and The Marine made them a ton of money because they were film genres that had a big crossover with wrestling fans. Go back to doing more action/horror/thriller movies without these weak storylines like they have had for recent releases. They also need to get out of that deal with WalMart where they do a limited release run in 10 theatres before releasing the DVD and Bluray only in Walmart. Go back to doing a wide release and then go for the DVD and Bluray release.

To be fair the only movie to not make money were The Condemned and Marine 2, so the Walmart deal works. Plus they have expanded it to where the movie becomes available at redbox and on Netflix the same day apt hat Walmart gets it as well.

I agree with the horror film part though, which is why I'm interested to see how the Clay movie turns out.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Still surprised The Condemned didn't do as well since I thought it was one of the better movies they have done

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To be fair the only movie to not make money were The Condemned and Marine 2, so the Walmart deal works. Plus they have expanded it to where the movie becomes available at redbox and on Netflix the same day apt hat Walmart gets it as well.

I agree with the horror film part though, which is why I'm interested to see how the Clay movie turns out.

I am pretty sure that the last four movies haven't made money although admittedly it does take some time to earn back the money through DVD/Bluray sales. Knucklehead, The Chaperone, That's What I Am and Inside Out all struggled early on with sales and it is going to take a long time for them to break even. Also didn't The Condemned finally break even some time last year thanks to DVD sales/rentals?

I am looking forward to seeing WWE return to Horror. Their first film, See No Evil, was their most profitable so it is a bit odd that WWE has taken so long to get back to the Horror genre.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I thought I read that they made money from the Netflix and redbox deals for the movies.

The Condemned took the most to make which is why it really didn't help the bottom line. In comparison Cena's 12 Rounds took 5M iirc, which isn't a lot in actuality for a production

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
TBH I liked See No Evil, Legendary, The Chaperone, Walking Tall, and The Rundown. And yes the Rocks first three movies were WWE films as well

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair enough I haven't read much about Netflix or Redbox so I have no idea how they work or the deals behind them.

I think 12 Rounds cost at least $10 million but still it made a decent amount at the box office worldwide and the DVD sales were really high.

I still think that it would be good if WWE gave them a proper wide release at the box office and even released them worldwide into specific markets where WWE is very popular.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TBH I liked See No Evil, Legendary, The Chaperone, Walking Tall, and The Rundown. And yes the Rocks first three movies were WWE films as well

I liked the early films like See No Evil, Marine, Condemned, 12 Rounds but since then it has gone down hill. I liked The Rock films they co-produced as well like Scorpion King and Walking tall.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
For the longest I thought those Rock movies were non WWE film movies. Just didn't seem like it comparison to the other WWE films they have done.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
For the longest I thought those Rock movies were non WWE film movies. Just didn't seem like it comparison to the other WWE films they have done.

WWE co-produced them with the bigger studios. See No Evil was the first stand alone WWE Film.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I liked 12 Rounds better than The Marine

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Comparing See No Evil to the Chaperone is like comparing bad with horrible.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Love how this has turned into the WWE Films Discussion Thread. But on that note, 12 Rounds was actually a pretty cool action flick, I don't care what anyone says.