CM Punk takes a shot at Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
You could have actually just posted the direct link and explained...

Basically CM Punk sent this image to John Cena via Twitter

1.jpg

Airfixx

Reaction score
Spot on!

....Peeps need to give up hope of any actual Rock matches any time soon.

Already said as much, but if he's gonna show up once before WM, do very little apart from highlight the inadequacies of the bulk of the roster, bury the product (see comments in original promo about going from Attitude > Cena) and dissapoint his fans by barely being there all just for a spike in the WM buy-rate then he's prob gonna do more harm than good in the long term.

noumenon

Reaction score
You could have actually just posted the direct link and explained...

Ba

Why? You did such a nice job. :D

As I said before, Rock is walking a very thin line with this one. While he's managed to all but turn Cena heel with the very mention of his name he's also one more via satellite appearance away from receiving a pretty negative reaction himself. As Airfixx said... he essentially put a search light on every superstar around who is lacking in personality, charisma and mic skills, made everyone said "WOW, ROCK IS BETTER THAN MOST OF THE ROSTER!" and then pretty much disappeared.
If good ol' Rock wasn't planning on making weekly appearances then they really shouldn't have made the focus of this match around him rather than the WWE Title.

fuzzy

Reaction score
aside from the Rock and Cena weekly he said-he said, Miz is making a statment on his own part by giving Cena a beat down somewhat each time cena's out in the ring responding to the Rock's comments and at the same time he's calling Rock out.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Ummm... Yeah, thanks for that. In case you hadn't noticed we HAVE been watching. :roll:

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I can definitely see the crowd maybe turning on The Rock eventually. Considering how a lot of the stuff said about him is true. Live via satellite and all that. People will realize it soon enough that yes The Rock is the fucking man... but Cena is the one who is here right now with us in WWE. Cena probably has done more work (public relations) than The Rock ever did while in the company. I still like Rock more than Cena, but I have to give Cena credit where it is due. He does a lot of work for the company and it is overlooked due to his uncool and unfunny gimmick.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Up until the "by satelite" gag, the Rock answered all Cena's criticism in one simple answer, explaining he'd been away opening doors in Hollywood for the boys. (I know it's been pointed out that he wasn't the first WWF/E guy to star in a Hollywood movie - Hogan, Piper and a few other got there first in the 80's, I know - but that was all before the '92 steroid scandal and mid-90's period where wrestling was on it's knees and very 'uncool'.)

I can definitely see the crowd maybe turning on The Rock eventually. Considering how a lot of the stuff said about him is true. Live via satellite and all that. People will realize it soon enough that yes The Rock is the fucking man... but Cena is the one who is here right now with us in WWE. Cena probably has done more work (public relations) than The Rock ever did while in the company. I still like Rock more than Cena, but I have to give Cena credit where it is due. He does a lot of work for the company and it is overlooked due to his uncool and unfunny gimmick.

C'mon, what fan (not Smark or analyst of the business) honestly gives a crap about how much PR cena does?

noumenon

Reaction score
The only thing keeping Rock safe is his uncanny ability to get the crowd behind him with just a single line. Very few people share such an ability in the business... the three biggest being Rock, Triple H and Jericho.

nation

Reaction score

Yes, and the Rock was always entertaining and he showed passion and emotion, something Cena hasn't showed in a long time and has rarely ever showed. This is a hell of a lot more important then PR work.

noumenon

Reaction score
Cena shows plenty of passion and emotion. It's just kind of ironic that the face of the new PG company can't seem to make his gimmick work in a PG environment. He instead takes it to the extreme and almost mocks it. You can tell Cena really doesn't enjoy doing the types of promos he does. Let's face it... given free reign and PG-13 ratings Cena is as good as anyone on the mic.

nation

Reaction score
Cena shows plenty of passion and emotion. It's just kind of ironic that the face of the new PG company can't seem to make his gimmick work in a PG environment. He instead takes it to the extreme and almost mocks it. You can tell Cena really doesn't enjoy doing the types of promos he does. Let's face it... given free reign and PG-13 ratings Cena is as good as anyone on the mic.

lol, he's been cutting the same shit for awhile now. Been awhile since he has showed passion or emotion. You would think The Rock coming back would get him to show passion and emotion, though it's only fair to give it some time and see if he does.

noumenon

Reaction score
To be fair his first promo he cut on Rock was incredible. The one this week was a little lacking.

nation

Reaction score
To be fair his first promo he cut on Rock was incredible. The one this week was a little lacking.

A little lacking? It was what it was, complete trash. I won't deny his first promo was great and his first rap was pretty funny but this was just terrible. Hopefully seeing as he completely failed at being funny with his last promo, he starts cutting some serious promos with emotion and passion. He's been bitching about The Rock being gone for years, now he's back, show some emotion and passion about it!

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The only thing keeping Rock safe is his uncanny ability to get the crowd behind him with just a single line. Very few people share such an ability in the business... the three biggest being Rock, Triple H and Jericho.

Triple H? I was thinking more Austin maybe.