CM Punk Shoots On TNA - Calls it an indy promotion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Who cares what Punk says. Anyone with a brain knows TNA is not an Indy promotion

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
:haha, someone cue crayo. TNA > WWE. Samoa Joe > Punk, and punk is way down the list.

Let's be serious.
AA>Roode>DB>DZ>Angle>Joe>Y2J>styles>storm>sooooo many others. Please add more without me laughing and adding more TNA in.

TNA > WWE.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
lmao, this is a great quote: Watch my older video I said F*** ALL TIME WHEN I PISS!

someone link me to the thread it came from

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Now Kurt Angle has some words for the WWE Champion :boss1:

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Punk is always trolling people. Wrestlers always know what to say to get people rattled up and to put themselves in the spot light (see Kevin nash on benoit and eddie). I would hope that he wasn’t being serious about it as TNA is the one of the only hopes the wrestling business has to competing with the WWE. I don’t think there’s anything offensive about the term Indy but I just don’t think it’s a correct representation of what TNA is. TNA has a large fanbase and shouldn’t be considered Indy.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Vince McMahon said:
Punk is always trolling people. Wrestlers always know what to say to get people rattled up and to put themselves in the spot light (see Kevin nash on benoit and eddie). I would hope that he wasn’t being serious about it as TNA is the one of the only hopes the wrestling business has to competing with the WWE. I don’t think there’s anything offensive about the term Indy but I just don’t think it’s a correct representation of what TNA is. TNA has a large fanbase and shouldn’t be considered Indy.

Exactly. Punk seems to be the type who would support independent wrestling and not think of the term as offensive, but he would also recognize that TNA isn't part of the indy circuit. As you said about hoping he wasn't being serious, that's my thought, too. I doubt he was, though. He's just a wise-cracking smartass, and that's what I think he did in that scenario. I doubt it was sincere, but more that it was just Punk being Punk and ruffling some feathers. Either way, it made for an interesting exchange, and a nice little plug for Samoa Joe.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I just dont enjoy the "hes joking on his friend" deal. If he did it to hit on Joe, he is shitting on his buddy. Punk says whatever he wants, and seems to live by the no regret mentality. Some people take back shitty opinions, i doubt he will. Roode>Punk and AA>Punk. Fact.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
TNA is definitely indy