CM Punk returns to WWE - discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Can’t fault them for that though, gotta push the good things cuz the entire net will always let everyone know about your shortcomings
the entire net sucks off WWE for the most part , let's be honest. But that's another conversation. I'm more rolling my eyes at MOST SOCIAL MEDIA EVER, MOST BESTEST VIEWED SURVIVORS EVER! EVERY RAW AND SMACKDOWN IS THE MOST PROFITABLE EVER! HAVE WE MENTIONED HOW MUCH MONEY WE MAKE? every. single. week. It's funny to me is all. Tony does the same thing and it's super corny too.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
the entire net sucks off WWE for the most part , let's be honest. But that's another conversation. I'm more rolling my eyes at MOST SOCIAL MEDIA EVER, MOST BESTEST VIEWED SURVIVORS EVER! EVERY RAW AND SMACKDOWN IS THE MOST PROFITABLE EVER! HAVE WE MENTIONED HOW MUCH MONEY WE MAKE? every. single. week. It's funny to me is all. Tony does the same thing and it's super corny too.
Are they supposed to not promote themselves

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Are they supposed to not promote themselves
I didn't say that, only that I found it corny. My opinion does not require you to explain to me what promotion is or defend them for doing it :heston

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
We need more 'Michael Cole Cam' though, each time they release them he always comes across like he's really enjoying shit.
Think it's his tribute to McAfee think working with him put new air in him

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Then don’t say it at all :lol
Ah so this is just a round about way of trying to tell me I shouldn't voice my opinion then. how about
nope-dean-ambrose.gif
, deal with it kid.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
"Career Highlight" reference to SS return. kek #1
"I've changed." kek #2
"I'm home." kek #3
"This is where I belong." kek #4
"You are all powerful..." kek #5
"I heard you, I am back because I love you guys..." kek #6
"It feel like a family reunion..." kek #7
"Some people are afraid of the truth..." kek #8
"I'm not hear to make friends - I am here to make money." - LOL

What a funny promo.

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
"Career Highlight" reference to SS return. kek #1
"I've changed." kek #2
"I'm home." kek #3
"This is where I belong." kek #4
"You are all powerful..." kek #5
"I heard you, I am back because I love you guys..." kek #6
"It feel like a family reunion..." kek #7
"Some people are afraid of the truth..." kek #8
"I'm not hear to make friends - I am here to make money." - LOL

What a funny promo.
Sounds like the ole "I am a changed person" speech common among abusers and such

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
By Mike Johnson on 2023-11-28 09:52:00
CM Punk made his official return to WWE Monday Night Raw last night and PWInsider.com has received a lot of questions about his promo on the show as well as how he was received backstage for his first night with the company after his surprise return at Survivor Series, the same day he came to terms to return.

As far as the promo, we are told that the initial plan was for a longer promo that would have given Punk more time, but timing issues led to the Randy Orton vs. Dominik Mysterio match to go longer than initially planned, so Punk's time was cut. This is something that regularly happens on live WWE TV. So, it was a more abbreviated promo than initially planned.

For fans who expected Punk to go all insane on AEW or Tony Khan, that was never going to happen. The story is Punk's return back to WWE after nearly a decade, not the last place he wrestled. For those who asked if the line about Punk being here to make money, not friends was a shot at AEW, it certainly could have been, but no one we spoke to could say that for sure.

Punk mentioned his wife, April aka AJ Lee during his promo. Right now there has been no discussion of her coming in. She retired years ago for health reasons and has carved out a successful writing career for herself, but one has to think that a cameo appearance or so down the line wouldn't be out of the question, especially since there are so many talents in the company today who have praised her work as influencing their careers.

Backstage, there were a lot of talents waiting to see which CM Punk showed up and for those expecting the grumpy Punk, well, that one didn't appear. Punk was out and about with everyone else in the locker room and spent time talking to a lot of people before the show. He wasn't sequestered away or anything like that. We were told that Punk came in as if he wasn't above anyone else and was friendly to everyone who interacted with him. Punk was described to PWInsider as seeming to be "happy to be there." There was a hope among some that would remain the case.

One source who spoke with him relayed to PWInsider there was "no sign of the version of the person who we'd hear was so miserable in AEW." A few people who weren't thrilled Punk was back noted that after talking with him, they felt better about Punk returning. So, it was a good first night back in that regard.

Punk is not currently scheduled for Smackdown this Friday in Brooklyn, NY.

Punk has not been assigned officially to any roster internally.​

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Sounds like night one went off without a hitch with the exception of Orton/Dom going over time.

Still semi-confident Punk will be chill and “Diva” issues won’t pop up.

Reactions: Jimmy King