CM Punk returns to WWE - discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
CM Punk returning Is like Bret Hart wwe return its a nice moment to see him and hhh bury the hatchet and do business. I can't stand either Hart or Punk but to see him and vince bury it and him hhh bury it is honestly worth the signing in itself.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I don’t hate the man or the wrestler because I don’t know him personally. Whatever he does behind the scenes is his business and should be kept as such. I just enjoy watching him for what he does on TV in the ring.

Anyone that feels differently has that right to feel that way, I’m not going to try and persuade them to feel how I feel. Whatever they say will not persuade me to feel any differently, I’ll stay in my lane and let them do their own thing. I may not agree but I don’t have the time nor the energy to argue about it.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I don’t hate the man or the wrestler because I don’t know him personally. Whatever he does behind the scenes is his business and should be kept as such. I just enjoy watching him for what he does on TV in the ring.

Anyone that feels differently has that right to feel that way, I’m not going to try and persuade them to feel how I feel. Whatever they say will not persuade me to feel any differently, I’ll stay in my lane and let them do their own thing. I may not agree but I don’t have the time nor the energy to argue about it.
This is a hella mature perspective

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean saying what he does in private should be private is fair but these things were done in the public eye. Him having a meltdown on live air was not dirthsheet report. So while I completely understand the perspective of not caring, I think it's not really fair to frame Punk's behavior as ''just his private life''. He did real business damage publicly to his employer at the time, this is not some deniable opinion. Let's not pretend that's some private matter lol.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I am more interested in Randy Orton and R-Truth being back. How come no one is talking about the single greatest return at Survivor Series? R-Truth returning unexpectedly to eat Ruffles and settle a Ruffles debate! Punk and Orton were on everyones radars, but not GOAT Ron THE TRUTH Killings!

CM Punk being back in WWE is whatever. Was a fan of his back during his first WWE run. Especially at the beginning of it. He was one of the bright spots of WWE-ECW. Why should I care that he is back in WWE after everything that has happened? "CM Punk" is a version of Phil Brooks. This may actually be the first time that I have said his real name.

If you can separate the two then great and I am not stepping on anyones toes. I am happy for the Punk fans that went nuts when he showed up at Survivor Series (I have seen some video reactions from Punk fans who marked out big time lol), but the curtain has been pulled back with Punk for me so much that I can't ignore the fact that he is a jerk in reality. I can't forget seeing the man have an unprofessional meltdown at a media scrum either.

I see Punks return to WWE as this: The sooner he gets this last WWE run done is sooner that all of this Punk stuff finally ends because this is it for Punk. He has no where else to go. Unless he wins the title there is no higher step for him to go. The thrill of him being back in WWE is it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Speaking on My World With Jeff Jarrett, the WWE Hall of Famer and AEW's Director of Business Development was asked whether Punk's return showed that "never say never" rang true.

“You know, I won’t get into all the…. The wrestling business, I woke up, it’s Sunday, I did my gratitude list. Man, the wrestling business is the gift that keeps on giving. Like you said, never say never. This may not be people’s cup of tea, but change without question is inevitable, and the bigger the change, the better. The old cliches and the old sayings, I used to say Lawler say this in Memphis, Tennessee, many times. I think it was one of his go-to things. ‘You know, Lance, old sayings don’t get to be old sayings unless they ring true.’ It just goes without saying that ‘never say never’ is very, very appropriate. The other old saying that came to my mind is, it’s not so much, I’m not directing this at anybody, this is just a saying that, in my mind, always kind of tried to make this default, it’s, ‘What happens in life to you is really only 10%. It’s how you respond is the other 90%," Jarrett said.

Jarrett continued by stating that he was excited. He emphasized that he is looking forward to AEW's upcoming shows, including their return to Wembley Stadium in 2024. Overall, Jarrett described how he's excited to see the ripple effect that will come following Punk's return. He also highlighted how the wrestling business is thriving.

"I’m excited. I’m super excited for Wednesday. I’m super excited for upcoming shows, Wembley, everything is because it goes without saying, there’s a ripple effect that happens. It’s like that pond. When you throw a big crater out in the middle of it, waves happen, and how’re you going to ride that wave? Are you up, down, fight it? Not fight it? Swim against it? Swim with it? Catch the ride? All that kind of stuff. It’s exciting. I’m very, very excited about where the industry is. We’ve said that a lot over the last 12-18 months, from looking at buy rates to ratings to stock prices to acquisitions to all those kind of things. I’m not just talking about WWE and AEW. Business is good. The business is very good," Jarrett said.

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
CM Punk coming back to WWE with Triple H in power is WILD! I think it was more possible with Vince at the helm than Triple H.

They did it right by announcing Orton as the 5th guy on Raw rather than letting the Chicago crowd hijack the show or the main event, or get disappointed when it wasn't their hometown hero.

There will be a lot of eyes on Raw tonight. Mine included, but I've watched wrestling that way with or without Punk.

And since people will mention it, what does this do for AEW? The guy who helped start the company (Rhodes) and the biggest blockbuster name signing in the company history (Punk) have both signed with WWE. They still have a solid roster, as does WWE.

But the locker room dysfunction would've destroyed AEW. It can't really destroy a multi-billion dollar conglomerate like the WWE. If anything, it'll make the company money and force talents to leave for other working environments. But WWE will live on, AEW had to move on.

What's next for Punk? I really hope his first feud isn't Seth Rollins, going straight for the World Heavyweight Title... I think the best direction is for Randy Orton to turn heel and RKO Punk for taking away his "moment" from being gone in the ring after 18 months. It'll catch people off guard and you know both guys can work solely off promos for 2 months until the Royal Rumble showdown.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

You'd almost think Graves had beef with Punk at some point... :MJ:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Their reactions are night and day :TI:

Reactions: Dale

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
We need more 'Michael Cole Cam' though, each time they release them he always comes across like he's really enjoying shit.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
So Cole obviously knew.

Man was waiting for that static to hit

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
We need more 'Michael Cole Cam' though, each time they release them he always comes across like he's really enjoying shit.

Wonder if they accuse him of faking it or exaggerating it like the do Samantha