CM Punk Return Confirmed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Royal Rumble 2015 is the only proof I need to answer yes to the question fam.

Absolutely. And not only that, but I'll even say she won't look as good against the "developmental" girls either. Nikki Cross does AJ's gimmick 100 times better than she does. And Asuka who's core gimmick isn't even crazy does AJ's gimmick better than her. AJ's strongest quality was her character work and compared to the women today, AJ's got nothing.
And about her ring work, she was just decent. Again, even the people in NXT are far above her.

A lot of people tend to overrate AJ because she was in a group of terrible people. She was relatively awesome, but that shouldn't and doesn't mean she was actually awesome. I mean, you could put almost anyone in there with Rosa Mendes, The Bella Twins, etc and they would look great.
Total bullsh*t.
A.J. Lee's greatest asset, the thing which set her apart was her delivery. There isn't a main roster talent who has her confidence or her diction. It wasn't just what she said but how she said it.

Charlotte's mic work has no poise, it's as if she's trying to convince herself of her own self righteousness. The only talent with the character development to match A.J is Alexa Bliss.

A.J. Lee developed a persona which was strong enough to warrant her appointment as General Manager of Monday Night RAW in 2012. She was in major storylines involving Kane, John Cena and she also helped to elevate Dolph Ziggler to main event status.

Ryan Davis you say the women of today outclass A.J. Lee when the reality is neither of the aforementioned ladies have accomplished anything close. You provide opinion but fail to realize the trust and confidence WWE must have had in A.J. Lee. The promos, the storylines and the segments which featured A.J had her prominently featured.

Alexa Bliss is on her way but she doesn't have the guts to take a real life disorder and make it appear on screen as if it were simply a joke. A.J did that. She was bipolar in real life yet convinced she and everyone she was playing a character. That's true talent.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
Charlotte's mic work has no poise

Agreed. But my dude, remember, she's been in the business for maybe a little over 3 years. Don't put disrespect on Charlotte's name like that. She didn't have the experience AJ had.

it's as if she's trying to convince herself of her own self righteousness

It's almost as if she's a heel and her character is trying to convince everyone she's better than her father.

A.J. Lee developed a persona which was strong enough to warrant her appointment as General Manager of Monday Night RAW in 2012

Pro wrestling is fake. Don't put disrespect on everyone else's name and act like AJ was the only one who could've been put in that position. We're talking about a GM spot that Mike Adamle held.

However, if we're acting like AJ was just so good that she had to become GM, name a good thing she did in that role. I'll wait.
Name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.

Because for me, all I remember from her GM reign was Vickie and Heyman wanting to take her job. And then she lost the job. She had it for like 3 or 4 months.

If we're valuing the GM spot so highly, that means Vickie Guererro was so, so much better than AJ because she was GM more times than AJ was and for a lot longer. (Which by the way, Vickie really is better than AJ)

She was in major storylines involving Kane, John Cena and she also helped to elevate Dolph Ziggler to main event status

Pro wrestling is fake. Anybody could've been put in those storylines.
Why was she chosen?
She was the most decent one out of a terrible division.

Ryan Davis you say

I popped for the name spot.

you say the women of today outclass A.J. Lee when the reality is neither of the aforementioned ladies have accomplished anything close

We just gonna no sell that the two women I actually talked about was Asuka and Nikki Cross?
By the way, pro wrestling is fake. AJ isn't better than Charlotte, Alexa, Nikki, or Asuka because she was chosen to be in a storyline in a fake sport.

But you're actually right.
That is why I, Ryan Davis, declare that Jason Jordan is THE greatest WWE Superstar of all time. My argument is that he is in a storyline where he is Kurt Angle's son. Nobody else on the roster was in that storyline so therefore, Jason Jordan is better.

The promos, the storylines and the segments which featured A.J had her prominently featured

Pro wrestling is fake. They were using a decent worker from a terrible division.

Alexa Bliss is on her way but she doesn't have the guts to take a real life disorder and make it appear on screen as if it were simply a joke.

We just gonna act like we know Alexa Bliss personally and know what she is or isn't willing to do or say?

She was bipolar in real life yet convinced she and everyone she was playing a character. That's true talent.

I mean, I'm not trying to downplay the disorder, but wouldn't true talent mean that she didn't have the disorder but was able to convince people that she did?
You know, I think it's way more impressive if Tom Hanks played the role of Forrest Gump as the intelligent man he is, but was able to play the role so great that you believed he was a little slow than it is if Tom Hanks were actually slow and played the role of a man who was slow.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
However, if we're acting like AJ was just so good that she had to become GM, name a good thing she did in that role. I'll wait.

Because for me, all I remember from her GM reign was Vickie and Heyman wanting to take her job. And then she lost the job. She had it for like 3 or 4 months.

If we're valuing the GM spot so highly, that means Vickie Guererro was so, so much better than AJ because she was GM more times than AJ was and for a lot longer. (Which by the way, Vickie really is better than AJ)

If we want to split hairs here, the Anonymous Raw General Manager did a better job than AJ. :dawg:
Vickie and Heyman are in a league of their own.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Aj would be perfectly fine with this current crop of beautiful and talented female superstars!... She wasn't bad in the ring or on the mic and everyone either loved her or loved to hate her either way she would have only gotten better if she stayed around.....but I guess we will never know. ........well maybe never?
She'll be back. So will Punk.

In a recent documentary on the WWE Network, Kurt Angle revealed that he and Vince had a huge falling out to the point of no return. They even went so far to allow a newspaper article about his entering TNA to be shown, and even Dixie Carter was allowed on WWE Network. I was like "what the fuck?" Back in the 90's, it's all competition between brands... That doesn't happen without any kind of goodwill on the behalf of Vince. Oh no.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Agreed. But my dude, remember, she's been in the business for maybe a little over 3 years. Don't put disrespect on Charlotte's name like that. She didn't have the experience AJ had.

It's almost as if she's a heel and her character is trying to convince everyone she's better than her father.

Pro wrestling is fake. Don't put disrespect on everyone else's name and act like AJ was the only one who could've been put in that position. We're talking about a GM spot that Mike Adamle held.

Pro wrestling is fake. Anybody could've been put in those storylines.
Why was she chosen?
She was the most decent one out of a terrible division.

I popped for the name spot.

We just gonna no sell that the two women I actually talked about was Asuka and Nikki Cross?
By the way, pro wrestling is fake. AJ isn't better than Charlotte, Alexa, Nikki, or Asuka because she was chosen to be in a storyline in a fake sport.

But you're actually right.
That is why I, Ryan Davis, declare that Jason Jordan is THE greatest WWE Superstar of all time. My argument is that he is in a storyline where he is Kurt Angle's son. Nobody else on the roster was in that storyline so therefore, Jason Jordan is better.

Pro wrestling is fake. They were using a decent worker from a terrible division.

We just gonna act like we know Alexa Bliss personally and know what she is or isn't willing to do or say?

I mean, I'm not trying to downplay the disorder, but wouldn't true talent mean that she didn't have the disorder but was able to convince people that she did?
You know, I think it's way more impressive if Tom Hanks played the role of Forrest Gump as the intelligent man he is, but was able to play the role so great that you believed he was a little slow than it is if Tom Hanks were actually slow and played the role of a man who was slow.
"Pro wrestling is fake". You made this statement in your argument a total of 4 times in order to sound clever.

There's nothing original in that load of verbal diarrhea you just spurted out of your rectum. You're such a mark for your own emotions that you make Gohan look like f*cking alexb.

Not one thing you said was actual fact. The only thing which remotely resembled onr was when you compared Mike Adamle and Vickie Guerrero to A.J. Lee. Why are you comparing apples to oranges?

As for Charlotte I'll disrespect her all I like. She's a noob and there's no reason to simp some chickenhead who's completely mediocre on the stick.

Come strong next time or not at all. If I wanted to hear an emotional dissertation with no facts whatsoever I would go on YouTube and listen to a feminist.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
"Pro wrestling is fake". You made this statement in your argument a total of 4 times in order to sound clever.

Well, yes. Also, I tried to get the point across to you that pro wrestling is indeed fake. I guess the 10 times I said it, even after you acknowledged it, it still went over your head.

There's nothing original in that load of verbal diarrhea you just spurted out of your rectum. You're such a mark for your own emotions that you make Gohan look like f*cking alexb.

Sit there and say I'm not original all you want, but I don't see you shooting down anything I wrote. You just throw a blanket statement like "you aren't original" because you're either too lazy to tell me how I'm wrong or you know I shut down all of your arguments.

Not one thing you said was actual fact.

Are you aware of the topic at hand? Professional wrestling. It's subjective. Nothing said will ever be "actual fact".
But for the rest of my post I guess I'll follow your lead and act as if my opinions are facts.

The only thing which remotely resembled onr was when you compared Mike Adamle and Vickie Guerrero to A.J. Lee. Why are you comparing apples to oranges?

Why can't fruit be compared?
That's really the whole point of comparisons, to talk about the differences and/or similarities between things.

And by the way, if comparisons are a no-go, why are you comparing the promos of Charlotte (a person who's been in the business for 3 years) with AJ Lee (who had experience before she even got to WWE)?
Why are you comparing apples to oranges?

As for Charlotte I'll disrespect her all I like. She's a noob and there's no reason to simp some chickenhead who's completely mediocre on the stick.

"Mediocre on the stick"
Ain't that ironic.

Come strong next time or not at all.

You responded to .0002% of what I wrote. You swung back with absolutely nothing (and I still picked what little you gave me apart and made you look even more foolish).

If I wanted to hear an emotional dissertation with no facts whatsoever I would go on YouTube and listen to a feminist.

Remember when I said I'll go by your lead and state my opinions as facts? Yeah this is what I was talking about:
You have an Eva Marie avatar and signature. You know nothing about what is good about professional wrestling. And when given the opportunity to prove me wrong, you threw a blanket on everything I said and hid it under your dirty rug.
I say your rug is dirty because I cannot believe you even have basic logical intelligence to figure out how to use a vacuum.

1 more thing. Earlier you said AJ Lee was great because of her delivery.

Asuka has better delivery than her even when she's not speaking the same damn language. Close your "Love Bites" laptop and go watch some actually good professional wrestlers.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I heard a rumour of him returning. Any news and facts to go with it or is it just bull shit like every other time?

200.gif

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
He'll be back. Eventually. He just needs to get his head out of his ass and stop being this arrogant asshole. He seems to think that going to UFC would change his fortune just because Brock Lesnar and other WWE stars "did it." Thing about Brock Lesnar, though... Once you lock the octagon.... mother fucker's dead, man. Brock is HUGE, knows how to work his way around the ring.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Both of you, chill. However, I'll do my part here.
Well, yes. Also, I tried to get the point across to you that pro wrestling is indeed fake. I guess the 10 times I said it, even after you acknowledged it, it still went over your head.
WWE is an entertainment company, the storylines are "fake," but those wrestlers taking bumps every day in and out, those aren't fake. WWE has been trying to get you to understand that the wrestling that stars do - they lead to life-threatening, career ending, devastating injuries... Yet, people like you persist on calling it fake... It's not. Ask Kurt Freakin' Angle, a guy who wrestled with a broken freakin' neck. Once he started training, he realized that anyone calling it "fake" is/are wrong. Kurt Freakin' Angle, dude.
And by the way, if comparisons are a no-go, why are you comparing the promos of Charlotte (a person who's been in the business for 3 years) with AJ Lee (who had experience before she even got to WWE)?
Uh, do you even realize who Charlotte is? There's a reason why WWE started to call her "Charlotte Flair" for a while. She's Ric Flair's daughter. She spent more than 3 years training. She didn't get in that easy, but she had/has her father by her side. Just like Noelle Foley does now.
1 more thing. Earlier you said AJ Lee was great because of her delivery.
So? Her delivery was great. She drew massive heat, like Vicky Guererro did in her GM days. She was the perfect heel. Even when you like her, you hate her guts.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score

WWE is an entertainment company, the storylines are "fake," but those wrestlers taking bumps every day in and out, those aren't fake. WWE has been trying to get you to understand that the wrestling that stars do - they lead to life-threatening, career ending, devastating injuries... Yet, people like you persist on calling it fake... It's not. Ask Kurt Freakin' Angle, a guy who wrestled with a broken freakin' neck. Once he started training, he realized that anyone calling it "fake" is/are wrong. Kurt Freakin' Angle, dude.

Uh, do you even realize who Charlotte is? There's a reason why WWE started to call her "Charlotte Flair" for a while. She's Ric Flair's daughter. She spent more than 3 years training. She didn't get in that easy, but she had/has her father by her side. Just like Noelle Foley does now.

So? Her delivery was great. She drew massive heat, like Vicky Guererro did in her GM days. She was the perfect heel. Even when you like her, you hate her guts.
This dude gets it. My mistake was debating a PhD mark. I figured I was ready, that I had the experience but logic was my fatal flaw. PhD marks hate logic so they purposely disrupt the flow of a sane mind to gain the upper hand. My fault. I figured I could win that one.

As to Stone Cold X's argument I pretty much can't disagree with his rationale. A.J. Lee had her finger on the pulse of what really worked at the time. She could swing between heel and babyface depending on what was needed. That, in my estimation, is where Stone Cold X and I might disagree.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com

"Both of you guys stop, but let me join in and I expect you not to respond."
It's a wrestling forum. Wrestling talk happens on a wrestling forum.

You also did not understand what I was doing. :smirk2:
How about putting that statement in context, bud? Where did I say the in-ring action was fake? Nowhere. I wrote it when storylines were brought up.
Context.
And I was saying it ironically too, to make a point. But then you flipped out for I don't even know the reason. However, "people like you" who freak out about calling it fake are the reason people still do it unironically.

Yes, I realize who Charlotte is. She's one of the best performers on the roster right now.
Also, you took yet another one of my statements out of context. I never said how long she was training. The context pertained to her promos and people cut promos way differently in front of crowds than they do down in a warehouse in front of their peers. That is why I said 3 years because she's been doing promos in front of crowds for around that amount of time.

We just gonna quote one small part of that point and not address the rest? Jesus, making me look like a fool. Why you no selling how I then compared her to Asuka? I know I'm carrying the match but damn, sell for a dude.

And the fact you compare AJ's heat to Vickie's puts a sour taste in my mouth. Don't put disrespect on Vickie's name like that.

This dude gets it. My mistake was debating a PhD mark. I figured I was ready, that I had the experience but logic was my fatal flaw. PhD marks hate logic so they purposely disrupt the flow of a sane mind to gain the upper hand. My fault. I figured I could win that one.

You didn't respond to 98.999% of what I said. You responded to almost nothing at all. How can you apply "logic" when you responded to nothing?

A.J. Lee had her finger on the pulse of what really worked at the time.

We stretching aren't we? We doing that DDP Yoga?

She could swing between heel and babyface depending on what was needed. That, in my estimation, is where Stone Cold X and I might disagree.
You still don't get it. And that is hilarious.
You're acting like I said AJ was horrible.
She was good. She was decent. She got pushed because she was the decent one out of a terrible division. She would not hold up in the division today.

• Haha

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
"Both of you guys stop, but let me join in and I expect you not to respond."
It's a wrestling forum. Wrestling talk happens on a wrestling forum.
Look, if you want to be sarcastic, I can be sarcastic too. You don't know who the fuck I am, so don't push me.
You also did not understand what I was doing. :smirk2:
Honestly, I don't give a fuck. And I do know what you were doing. Sarcastic little asshole.
You were playing semantic with him the whole time, like this...
How about putting that statement in context, bud? Where did I say the in-ring action was fake? Nowhere. I wrote it when storylines were brought up.
Context.
I don't know about you, but... this comment: "Well, yes. Also, I tried to get the point across to you that pro wrestling is indeed fake. I guess the 10 times I said it, even after you acknowledged it, it still went over your head." ...doesn't help your cause, either. It just proves his entire context. You plainfully said "pro wrestling" is fake. When you talk about "Pro Wrestling," you're talking about WWE, TNA/GFW, ROH, NJPW, and whatnot. However, we had Kurt Angle, a guy who was wrestling pure wrestling before he came to WWE/TNA/GFW do the same thing all big stars like SCSA, Taker, HHH, Cena were/are doing - and he plainfully said out loud to the entire world, that "Pro Wrestling" isn't fake.
And I was saying it ironically too, to make a point. But then you flipped out for I don't even know the reason. However, "people like you" who freak out about calling it fake are the reason people still do it unironically.
What point? You had no point. There was no point in what you were saying... I didn't freak out. I told you like it is. I tell things like it really is. If you can't take it, then, tough luck, kid.
Yes, I realize who Charlotte is. She's one of the best performers on the roster right now.
Also, you took yet another one of my statements out of context. I never said how long she was training. The context pertained to her promos and people cut promos way differently in front of crowds than they do down in a warehouse in front of their peers. That is why I said 3 years because she's been doing promos in front of crowds for around that amount of time.
I don't know about you, but when you said this... "And by the way, if comparisons are a no-go, why are you comparing the promos of Charlotte (a person who's been in the business for 3 years) with AJ Lee (who had experience before she even got to WWE)?" I just assumed that you think that - that's all she's been training for. Everything from Wrestling, to Mic Skills, and testing out the waters in front of a crowd to test her own chemistry with the crowd. If you can't nail it with the crowd, then you won't get over the fear, and get confidence to "rock it."
And to answer your question: Because they're different situations. Charlotte had her dad by her side the whole time, she had help not just from her dad, but also Mick Foley, and other big WWE stars. Noelle currently has that, too. AJ Lee is a different beast. She was trained by Jay Lethal (TNA), wrestling in her hometown till she was able to go to FCW, then eventually went to NXT. She came up on her own, applied her own training, and she pulled it off. Divas Champ for a year and a quarter.
Sit there and say I'm not original all you want, but I don't see you shooting down anything I wrote. You just throw a blanket statement like "you aren't original" because you're either too lazy to tell me how I'm wrong or you know I shut down all of your arguments.
Nobody fucking cares, dude. Get over yourself, this is the exact reason why I didn't answer everything you had to point out. Get over your stupid ego. NOBODY. FUCKING. CARES.
Are you aware of the topic at hand? Professional wrestling. It's subjective. Nothing said will ever be "actual fact".
No, it's not. It's Black and White.

Professional Wrestling can be a lot of things - but the difference really is in how you wrestle. You want to do Arm Wrestling? You need to have a buff arm. You want to do pure wrestling in High School, or College? Learn how to get out of the wrestle zone (literally). Don't let your opponent have an ace up their sleeve. Destroy him before he does. Wrestling in WWE/TNA/ROH/NJPW/Whatever - it's just wrestling with money. Cash. Dinero. Sure, you'll have to train, and learn new moves, but really - it's all the same. The difference between wrestling in High School/College and Wrestling in a major stable or promotion is really how you and your opponents wrestle.
You responded to .0002% of what I wrote. You swung back with absolutely nothing (and I still picked what little you gave me apart and made you look even more foolish).
Again: Nobody really cares, dude. Grow up and learn to debate without being an asshole.
We just gonna quote one small part of that point and not address the rest? Jesus, making me look like a fool. Why you no selling how I then compared her to Asuka? I know I'm carrying the match but damn, sell for a dude.
Honestly, I don't care. I really do not care. You just need to grow up.
And the fact you compare AJ's heat to Vickie's puts a sour taste in my mouth. Don't put disrespect on Vickie's name like that.
I'm sorry, are you saying you looooooooveee Vicky? A woman who's constantly getting booed on a daily basis? Booed out of the building as if you can't even hear a single word she's saying? That Vicky?
She was good. She was decent. She got pushed because she was the decent one out of a terrible division. She would not hold up in the division today.
I'm sorry, but I think he disagrees, as do I. She would SHINE like a legend in there. She would overwhelm the Divas (Ahem, the women's division) that it would drive out women like Lana out of the company faster than she can say "Did you miss me?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.