• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk reportedly wants WWE return

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I don’t think it needs to necessarily elevate to loss employment. Just keep suspending and don’t make it a one time thing because of Punk being fired.

Though, if he can’t curtail it maybe elevate.
if there is one thing I will agree on, is that the result of the shoot should not dictate the punishment. the punishment should be based on the severity of the shoot itself. I think Jungle Boy earned a suspension regardless if Punk reacts or not. And I think this suspension is maybe a bit long for my liking because of the results of the shoot. He's lost out on 5 figures of salary which is pretty severe. I feel like he should probably be back soon, unless one of the issues is he is refusing to take any responsibility ofc, that changes things

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
I don’t agree with how he went about things but I still don’t think he’s as bad he’s painted out to be. He’s not the only guilty party in all of what went on but he’s always singled out, but it’s whatever. I’m not going to argue about this, we’ll just agree to disagree and move on from this.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Poor misunderstood punk was singled out for assaulting his co-workers. Twice. I think this kind of downplaying and excuse is absolutely nuts

Finishline

Drop the Mike
I marked out for CM Punk when he returned to professional wrestling on 8/20/21. Taking shots at WWE and just being the guy we all knew, with a little edge and a little mentorship role. I even bought the sweatshirt.

He destroyed that image over the last 14 months.

I don't believe WWE needs CM Punk anymore. He's shown he is injury-prone and could be a headache in the locker room. If he left AEW on better terms, I'd say why not. But this could be tough on the atmosphere if he isn't kept in check.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Poor misunderstood punk was singled out for assaulting his co-workers. Twice. I think this kind of downplaying and excuse is absolutely nuts
I don’t think he said that at all, but at the same time people seem to downplay the provocation that leads to his lashing out. Even Hockey agrees instigating is a problem.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I don’t think he said that at all, but at the same time people seem to downplay the provocation that leads to his lashing out. Even Hockey agrees instigating is a problem.
yeah and in the real world, someone saying something you don't like doesn't mean you get to assault them. One party got violent, one did not. One person embarrassed the company publicly in a scrum, the others did not. If I lose my shit, it doesn't matter if other people annoyed me, I am still the one who lost my shit. I shouldn't have to constantly add ''but others were at fault too'' every time I talk about CM Punk. Cm Punk screwed Cm Punk. Period.

Sabretooth

I just don’t understand how you can’t control yourself lol. Like you’re a 44 year old man and you want to physically attack someone because they said something you didn’t like. Get a fucking grip

Sabretooth

yeah and in the real world, someone saying something you don't like doesn't mean you get to assault them. One party got violent, one did not. One person embarrassed the company publicly in a scrum, the others did not. If I lose my shit, it doesn't matter if other people annoyed me, I am still the one who lost my shit. I shouldn't have to constantly add ''but others were at fault too'' every time I talk about CM Punk. Cm Punk screwed Cm Punk. Period.
You’re supposed to say “I have no sympathy whatsoever”

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Like what does he have over some of you to go to such lenght to defend him. I'm genuinely curious
He made wrestling fun for me during the height of his run in WWE. The Straight Edge Society stuff and then his run at the top as champ was must see TV for me.

He made AEW fun for me when he showed up there. He was the main reason I watched every week when he was there and he was the main reason I liked Collision so much.

You won’t see me condoning his behavior behind the scenes. I just loved him for what he did onscreen and that’s what I’ll always remember him for.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I mean I don’t think it’s hard to have nuanced understanding of what happened. Punk is responsible for how he reacts to things, but if you don’t have people intentionally provoking him he doesn’t have anything to overreact to. It’s not hard to say everyone involved were childish dilholes. Punk is the one most responsible for himself being fired and I would agree there, but he didn’t start the issues.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
People can separate personal and professional life. Loving him as a wrestler and thinking he’s a dickhead in person are two different things.
yeah but the way Jimmy was going he was downplaying a lot of Punks action (not condoning it, but was talking like he is being singled out, which is something Punk fans do a LOT to downplay the severity of his behavior). I just don't really understand being a fan to that degree that you will just be like wtv I dont care I guess. I can only be disappointed so many times . its all good tho, I just make my points aggressively