CM Punk reportedly wants WWE return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think part of Punks problem is he went in there, thinking he was going to do this and that and take them to the next level. I think the JB spot was a safety thing (and I mean it's not a terrible thing). But the guys in AEW chose AEW for a reason they don't want it to be Mini E and so at every turn he got push back. He handled that in the worst possible way. It shouldn't be forgotten or forgiven, honestly if it were any other work enviroment he'd be facing at least assault charges. But it's wrestling he's not the first and it won't be the last time this stuff happens.

I also feel like they really dropped the ball on his second come back. They should have straight up made the backstage stuff a storyline. This day and age where you have the dirtsheets at the ready. Blur those lines make it seem like the shoots were a work and vice versa, we'd all have known but it's probably the closest we'd have gotten to like a Brian Pillman is it real moment.

As far as he and WWE. If he goes fine. I don't think it'll be the same scenario with him attacking people backstage. Will he cause drama? Obviously he hasn't even been hired and it's drama. Do they need him? Not really. But they're seemingly interested. So they feel like there is something there.
I am going to push back on this and say hell no. No one should have forced the Bucks or anyone to work with him if they didn't want to. Punk even tried to shoot himself into a work when he came back, and all it it was make him angrier that they were (rightfully imo) ignoring him.

I do agree they dropped the ball on his return(s) though. He should have never been given the title back, nor given the fake ass world title on his second return. He should have been made to earn his spot back and not be treated like he was OWED that spot back. One of the main problems with this run wasn't the chaos backstage or how AEW is run, it's that Punk was given way too much rope and pushes when he should have been working his way back up to prove he wasn't an manchild having tantrums live on tv. Instead they kept feeding into his ego and it's no surprise he thought he could do or say whatever he wanted with no consequences.

Which is another reason why I think it will never work in WWE. They will never, ever, ever give him as much leeway, as much push or as much power as he got in AEW. So when he feels slighted by whatever his gargantuan ego decides to be offended with next time, no one is going to reward him for it this time.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I am going to push back on this and say hell no. No one should have forced the Bucks or anyone to work with him if they didn't want to. Punk even tried to shoot himself into a work when he came back, and all it it was make him angrier that they were (rightfully imo) ignoring him.

I do agree they dropped the ball on his return(s) though. He should have never been given the title back, nor given the fake ass world title on his second return. He should have been made to earn his spot back and not be treated like he was OWED that spot back. One of the main problems with this run wasn't the chaos backstage or how AEW is run, it's that Punk was given way too much rope and pushes when he should have been working his way back up to prove he wasn't an manchild having tantrums live on tv. Instead they kept feeding into his ego and it's no surprise he thought he could do or say whatever he wanted with no consequences.

Which is another reason why I think it will never work in WWE. They will never, ever, ever give him as much leeway, as much push or as much power as he got in AEW. So when he feels slighted by whatever his gargantuan ego decides to be offended with next time, no one is going to reward him for it this time.

That's a good counter point as caving to someone acting as a child is a bad call. But I don't think TK was ever going to go that route with it. I think honestly one of the biggest problem seemingly in TNA was TK being such a fan boy of Punk it allowed him to get a way with far too much. Like Vince and Hulk.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That's a good counter point as caving to someone acting as a child is a bad call. But I don't think TK was ever going to go that route with it. I think honestly one of the biggest problem seemingly in TNA was TK being such a fan boy of Punk it allowed him to get a way with far too much. Like Vince and Hulk.
and Bischoff with Punk in TNA AND WCW too, yes.

I hope TK has learned to take the fan goggles off when dealing with disgruntled talent going forward, tough lesson to learn when its your biggest draw but at least he had the balls to do the right thing, even if it took WAY too long

Reactions: John McHenry

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
honestly Punk is very Hogan like (in a bad way), u can even compare him bringing in Ace as what Hogan did in TNA bringing in all his useless old buddies

Reactions: John McHenry

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
I do love the constant victim blaming certain Punk fans go through to justify all his nasty little actions though, it's even more ironic as he's the kind of guy who champions stuff supporting victims of abuse and other ''left'' leaning ideals, and yet his most devoted fans act akin to MAGA sycophants who will stretch the truth to unimaginable lengths to paint their guy as a mistreated victim who was simply in a toxic place and he just had no choice but to fight back in this oppressive environment of less than 6 feet brothers refusing to work with someone who physically assaulted him. the fucking humanity!

Funny how all the backstage leaks and drama has almost but all completely disappeared since he left. Must just be a coincidence...

Bringing politics into it? Really?

You’re in a cult if you think you’re any better than the other side. Left, right, they’re all corrupt as it gets, lying, thieves who think us peasants are dumb as dirt and fall for their shit, sadly many do fall for the lies. Politics is a trap to keep the people oppressed and busy bickering amongst ourselves while the politicians themselves rob us blind.

As far as Punk goes. Actually on topic. I’ve never said he isn’t a dick, the guy is, clearly is. Mich like the left being as bad and cultish as the right, it can’t be denied by any rational person that Punks a dick.

AEW brought the worst out of him, there’s a reason for that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
You've proven my point so I won't bother replying to anymore silliness coming from you, ironic as fuck you would bring up the cult :heston

and yes there is a reason for ''that'' , that reason is Punk is a piece of shit lol

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ok bringing politics in this is a bit much no. It’s not that deep :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
it was a fanbase comparison and making fun of Punk for being a fake ass bitch, no political positions were brought or debated, yall need to grow the fuck up lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Left leaning ideals and MAGA sycophants

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Left leaning ideals and MAGA sycophants
those are not political statements though...

Punk has openly flaunted those left leaning ideals on television on multiple occasions, it's one of the reasons a lot of people celebrated him (myself included), so that's not bringing it out of nowhere, it's a deep rooted part of the character he presents on screen

The MAGA sycophant one is a comparative statement, hence why I said it was ironic. Booters has brought up the same thing earlier in the thread. The comparison is that MAGA folks hide their head in the sand anytime you bring up facts and subscribe to a lot of ''ya but'' narratives and victimhood complexes of their dear leader.

So I find it ironic that a guy who's on screen persona is to champion all these left leaning causes has fans who act like MAGA fools every time he does something shitty by defending him by virtue of placing blame on everyone and everything but Punk himself.

I thought that was a very easy to understand comparisson and was a very small part of my post, but again, anything to distract away from the fact that Punk is a turd :p

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
People have made the same ironic comparison about Cult of Cornette folks, it's really not that deep and politics aren't that scary that you have to scold people for using that word *gasp*

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I just don’t know why you’re so up in arms about Punk returning like it’s personally affecting you. Is Punk an idiot? Sure. However, it’s not the first time that there’s been backstage fights in wrestling and it won’t be the last. Punk was obviously given way too much power and wasn’t checked in AEW and his ego got in the way. There’s no way WWE would give him anything other than a contract. One wrong move and he’s gone. If Punk returns, it also wouldn’t be the first time someone who was supposedly ostracized was given another chance. That’s just how the wrestling business works. The world won’t end if he returns. It won’t end if he stays away.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The reason why I think Punk might be ok under the WWE/TKO umbrella is something he said in the original media scrum years ago.

“I’m old, I’m tired and I work with fucking children.”

Say what you will about the WWE, but you never really hear anything negative about anything in the locker room. Sure, you have cases of people like Dream. But you never hear of immaturity.

Is Punk gonna bitch and moan? More than likely. That’s kinda been Phil Brooks’ thing for a decade. But is he getting into fights? More than likely not. Is a NXT talent or a Waller or Theory gonna disregard him if he gives them advice? Maybe, but probably not publicly.

At this point, we gotta just let the chips land where they fall.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I am voicing my opinion on a wrestling forum about a controversial figure that I personally don't think deserves a second chance, because he single handedly almost entirely ruined the fun of my favorite promotion. I genuinely don't want him to return to WWE no only because I don't believe he deserves it, but because I do not want him to ruin the fun WWE fans are also having at the moment when WWE is at an all time boom period with the lockeroom never being more harmonious.

I never claimed the world would end and just like you can feel how you feel about my posts, I can and will continue to loudly voice my opinion on the matter.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The reason why I think Punk might be ok under the WWE/TKO umbrella is something he said in the original media scrum years ago.

“I’m old, I’m tired and I work with fucking children.”

Say what you will about the WWE, but you never really hear anything negative about anything in the locker room. Sure, you have cases of people like Dream. But you never hear of immaturity.

Is Punk gonna bitch and moan? More than likely. That’s kinda been Phil Brooks’ thing for a decade. But is he getting into fights? More than likely not. Is a NXT talent or a Waller or Theory gonna disregard him if he gives them advice? Maybe, but probably not publicly.

At this point, we gotta just let the chips land where they fall.
respectfully, these kinds of statements are why I keep piping up because I find these these categorically untrue and it's like people have amnesia.