CM Punk on Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Was anyone else pissed off when CM Punk broke kayfabe yet again and insulted Jericho on his dancing days? Yes I know it sounds as if I'm bias because I'm a Jericho mark, but I was bored of these breaking kayfabe promos ages ago. He's done the same with Miz, ADR and now Jericho.

I was really excited for the head to head with Jericho and Punk, probably on their day the two best mic workers in WWE. If CM Punk is going to break kayfabe, I really hope Jericho does too. We've yet to see a CM Punk golden moment on the mic where he doesn't break some sort of kayfabe.

His best moment recently was what? The promo on Johnny Ace a month ago? Broke kayfabe yet again. Before that people were bored of his crappy jokes and emotionless promos. Two weeks in a row Jericho cuts real good promos, first week Punk ignores him, second week he insults his dancing with the stars position. Really? Really?

Yes I know there's many Punk marks here, I'm still one myself, but comeon. Anyway, discuss.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Was anyone else pissed off when CM Punk broke kayfabe yet again and insulted Jericho on his dancing days? Yes I know it sounds as if I'm bias because I'm a Jericho mark, but I was bored of these breaking kayfabe promos ages ago. He's done the same with Miz, ADR and now Jericho.

I was really excited for the head to head with Jericho and Punk, probably on their day the two best mic workers in WWE. If CM Punk is going to break kayfabe, I really hope Jericho does too. We've yet to see a CM Punk golden moment on the mic where he doesn't break some sort of kayfabe.

His best moment recently was what? The promo on Johnny Ace a month ago? Broke kayfabe yet again. Before that people were bored of his crappy jokes and emotionless promos. Two weeks in a row Jericho cuts real good promos, first week Punk ignores him, second week he insults his dancing with the stars position. Really? Really?

Yes I know there's many Punk marks here, I'm still one myself, but comeon. Anyway, discuss.
C'mon*
I agree also.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's simply being lazy, whether it's Punk or the creative team I can't say however they've seen the initial worked shoot and following actions got some serious reactions so they began using it as a crutch. They've made Punk a hypocrite from a kayfabe sense, he's gone from the rebel who's determined to cause change into the guy he claimed to hate, the one who's always in the main event. They could have made this gimmick the best thing in wrestling instead they mishandled it greatly.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Miz did the same with Ziggler, more or less, when he talked about Vickie manufacturing his heat

Maybe Miz just made an observation, that he wasn't breaking kayfabe. Open to debate there

I agree breaking the walls of kayfabe is silly and un-f***ing professional.

However, the Shovel does it beautifully. The Shovel may as well say, "It's fake" and call it a $ move

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
None of those who disagree have actually provided any point here.

Miz done it to Ziggler yes, I too wasn't happy about that also.

Last person we want to turn into :shovel: though is Punk right? He has so much potential and as said above, it's lazy. He can do his famous rants but not break kayfabe. Watch Jericho's first full promo since returning, he was phenomenal.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:

Last person we want to turn into :shovel: though is Punk right? He has so much potential and as said above, it's lazy. He can do his famous rants but not break kayfabe. Watch Jericho's first full promo since returning, he was phenomenal.

Jerichos first promo after returning was phenomenal? The one in which punk out mic ed him without saying a word?

As far as i remember it was all about how he trolled and manipulated the crowd and how wrestlers are copying him. In what sense is that awesome?

And wrestlers with good mic skills are ALLOWED to break keyfabes. The rock broke keyfabes almost every segment when he was a maineventer. Its entertaining. And i dont see anything wrong with breaking keyfabe, r u that ashamed of jericho's past, or r u just pissed that punk got the better of jericho YET AGAIN?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Jerichos first promo after returning was phenomenal? The one in which punk out mic ed him without saying a word?

As far as i remember it was all about how he trolled and manipulated the crowd and how wrestlers are copying him. In what sense is that awesome?

And wrestlers with good mic skills are ALLOWED to break keyfabes. The rock broke keyfabes almost every segment when he was a maineventer. Its entertaining. And i dont see anything wrong with breaking keyfabe, r u that ashamed of jericho's past, or r u just pissed that punk got the better of jericho YET AGAIN?

When did The Rock break kayfabe? I can't recall one segment tbh.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Punk out-miced him without saying a word? Oh how original, I wish Jericho would of done something similar to this 4 weeks in a row. Damn. You're right oh wise one.

:facepalm:

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
I am getting fed up with Punk breaking Kayfabe, it has become consistent and has lossed the excitement of this.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Crayo said:

Punk breaks kayfabe cause he thinks it's cool to do do

He reads forums likes this cause this is where he gets his edgy material

I can't fault him for it... I really can't. It's lazy, but this is #1 baby-face Punk

I bet you anything, he hates it... SES promos beat what he's doing now to shreds

Being a top babyface has its perks and drawbacks. Punk's mic suffers and he knows it

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Thing is he's talented enough for it not to matter whether he's face or not. He could rant about kayfabe issues and sound awesome doing so, he's a phenomenal mic worker. He doesn't need to just break kayfabe and project the IWC complaints on RAW, he's over enough as it is. He needs to go back to the "Fuck how WWE is set up" gimmick.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm still curious how you out mic someone without saying a word