CM Punk is the New Intercontinental Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
But doesn't WWE consider the ECW title a world title? Don't they announce their champs as the "ECW World Heavy Weight Champion" or something like that?

Airfixx

Either way it wouldn't make Punk the quickest triple crown champ in WWE history.

CenaMark54

But doesn't WWE consider the ECW title a world title? Don't they announce their champs as the "ECW World Heavy Weight Champion" or something like that?

I think its just the ECW champion. Lets face the facts, The IC title is now booked above the ECW title.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I didn't consider it a world title anyway, especially with ECW becoming a developmental brand, meaning many brand new fresh guys will be the champ, but I thought that WWE did.

Airfixx

Look at it as, the World 'Not As Good As Raw or SD Wrestlers' Championship.

MikeRaw

I'm glad he won it, but I was kinda hoping a match with those two guys, who are both great in the ring, would've been saved for the Royal Rumble.
Anywyas, I'm pretty sure he'll hold it for a while, because honestly, if they want some prestige brought back to the title, i can't think of anyone else (realistically, meaning not Cena or Batista or HHH) who can make the title seem to mean more, by putting on some good matches, focusing on in ring stuff with guys like Regal.

Hopefully he holds it for at least 4-5 months.

CT Styles

Punk won the World Heavyweight Championship on the 30th of June which was his first in the Triple Crown titles. His first of the titles was the World and his last was the IC on January 19. That's a shorter amount of time if you begin the time from the fist title win.

Nash won his first of the titles (The IC) on April 13, '94 and finally won the last title, the World on November 26, '94.

Airfixx

Punk won the World Heavyweight Championship on the 30th of June which was his first in the Triple Crown titles. His first of the titles was the World and his last was the IC on January 19. That's a shorter amount of time if you begin the time from the fist title win.

Nash won his first of the titles (The IC) on April 13, '94 and finally won the last title, the World on November 26, '94.

Peeps are not understanding this at all....

The QUICKEST triple crown champ - i.e from debut to the last of the necessary belts won - IS Diesel...

Don't debate it any further, just re-read until you understand. --->

CT Styles

Peeps are not understanding this at all....

The QUICKEST triple crown champ - i.e from debut to the last of the necessary belts won - IS Diesel...

Don't debate it any further, just re-read until you understand. --->

Yeah, I know that but why are they giving the title to Punk then? Is Punk's length quicker if it's his RAW debut rather that his ECW one?

Airfixx

^^^Who is "they"?

Considering the current Raw tag champs are ECW guys and that furthermore, theoretically, you could be a RAW-titles triple crown winner without even being part of their roster, I find that to be a hollow accolade.

straight_edge76

Punk as the IC Champ... I always thought he had the IC Champion look and Swagger to him. Don't get me wrong I love him as a main eventer but he seems to excell in the upper mid-card imo. Putting the belt on him is a good descision and I would like to see his feud with regal go a few more weeks maybe up until Mania with a gnarly azz title match (2/3 falls maybe?)

I never thought about the triple crown thing..if he didn't get it the fastest or not just being able to say you are a triple crown winner is impressive enough. And really being able to say you were a World Champion before either of the other two will also imo solidify you as a bonafied champion and show that Vince really believes in you as a preformer.

Say what you will about Punk, he is here to stay for awhile, I see him taking a Shawn Michaels type of carrer path..with not exactly all of the same choices imo he has way more respect for the buisness to do some of the things HBK did (ala the Montreal Screwjob)

MaZZacare

Reaction score
i want him to be champ for a long time give the belt some star power and show it off more i would love to see punk and morrison fight over it and maybe have the miz bein there could be like a triple threat at mania or idk how but have him feud with THE brian kendrick idk why but that sounds liek it would be great

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I'm wishing more for better feuds then a long reign. Sometimes guys finally win the title (Matt) and they hold it for a period of months and don't really do anything with it. Soon after you're wishing for someone to take the title off them already.

Sparky

Reaction score
Finally he has the belt he was born to have I beliave he can and will be a good IC Champion.. way better then he was as WHC as he was not ready.