CM PUNK IS ALL ELITE!!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Punk last night I think I remember him mentioning Pillman Jr as someone he like to work with.

I didn't watch any of the thing last night but he's named him before for sure yeah. Starks and Hobbs are some I remember bc Jeff pointed out Team Taz so don't be surprised if we really do get a Team Taz vs Punk feud :lol

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yep he did name drop them both last night as well. Like I’m honestly just really happy and excited to see what happens. I’m along for the ride.

Reactions: Chris

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
MJF entering Chicago territory to face Punk would have been hilarious honestly. The heat would be nuclear.

I'm in agreement that Darby is the perfect first program. It's also one of those dream matches you didn't know you wanted until it happens. The way Punk and Darby interacted last night, and how good I've seen Darby work. Yeah, I want it now badly.

Punk interacting with fucking Sting! :mark:

What timeline am I living in. Surreal.

Yeah, the whole Punk in the presence of Sting really made me feel a way lol it’s such an awesome time to be a wrestling fan. There’s just a whole other side to AEW than WWE where these guys all just get to have fun and do just about anything. So much talent Punk can sign with there, it’s just gonna be so refreshing, and with Danielson ready to debut soon, man, he’s gonna have a lot of fresh stuff to work with as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
From the fucking Ice Cream shop that made the ice cream bars lmao

“Since we have been getting a lot of questions, yes the ice cream was on him- it wasn’t a publicity stunt dreamed up by promoters,” they wrote. “He came to us on his own and asked us to help him do this 2 years ago, and finally the moment was right. Our small team worked tirelessly to hand make every bar, and CM Punk wrote the check for the entire bill himself.”

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
CM '6' Punk - coming to a Dark Order near you.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
During an interview with a Chicago radio station Monday, CM Punk said his debut last Friday at AEW Rampage might have been the greatest moment of his career.

Punk told ESPN 1000's Kap & J.Hood show that "the entire night couldn't have been more perfect" from the way they sold out the event on a rumor he might be there to his interactions backstage and to having his family with him at the United Center.

"We didn't need to beat (fans) over the head for a TV rating," he said, adding that AEW fans "get it" and want to be excited and have a good time.

While he was happy to hear the metrics and analytics people were ecstatic with the numbers, what was more important to him was the emotion, saying "pro wrestling is about moments and getting people to feel something."

As he did after the event, Punk continued to put over the roster as "young and hungry" and whatever they lack in experience, they make up with in effort.

"I feel like I'm the veteran slugger on a major league team coming onto a team with prospects," he explained, saying the AEW scene reminds him of going to punk rock shows in VFW halls and bowling alleys back in his youth which is one of the things that impressed him the most.

He said that in having Darby Allin as his first opponent back at All Out, he's preparing by watching a lot of Allin matches to see what he can do and so far, he's impressed with what he sees.

Punk said he has been in the ring training as part of the Heels TV show for Starz, but isn't doing anything extensive to help save his body and be smart about it.

He knows there are questions about whether he can still go out there and be entertaining, but he's lucky he "never did a bunch of crazy flips. My goal is to tell a story."

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Screenshot-20210823-134953-Snapchat.jpg

This is one of my friends that hasn't watched wrestling in quite a few years and didn't even really know what AEW was outside of Chris Jericho lmaoooo

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yousif is All Elite :garrett

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Screenshot-20210823-134953-Snapchat.jpg

This is one of my friends that hasn't watched wrestling in quite a few years and didn't even really know what AEW was outside of Chris Jericho lmaoooo

Whilst Punk isn't mainstream, he does have that huge appeal in the wrestling bubble, even to people who have been out of it for a while. The clicks on YouTube and Rampage ratings prove that. I've seen a lot of people that haven't watched in a while commenting on it, because they did watch back when Punk was on top or have at least known of him. It was the same thing with Edge in the Rumble.

Obviously not all of these people are going to stick around but I do see Dynamite popping a massive rating considering all this Punk news has spread around even more after his debut.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG