CM Punk interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
In a newly published interview with SunSport, WWE Champion CM Punk commented on becoming a hated figure again and his alignment with Paul Heyman.

For Punk, getting fans to react to his character is one of the best parts about being a WWE Superstar.

“Anytime I get to do stuff hands-on I’m more into it. To me I started to feel like I wasn’t where I should be at that stage, creatively. And I wanted to get there,” Punk said. “To me it’s the name of the game – you have to evolve. You have to constantly change. I think the best wrestlers have always evolved.”

He continued, “I’ve never been the same for too long, but my changes have always been extremely logical. I don’t just wake up one day and I’m a different character. I’ve pretty much always been the same guy, I’ve just dialed things up or dialed things down certain things based on the circumstances. It’s important to not be a phoney, to not just one day say one thing and then the next day say another. Then people will never buy you’re whole stick if you are that wishy-washy.”

A little over a year after referencing himself as a “Paul Heyman guy” during his infamous speech chastising WWE brass, Punk is now aligned with the man. He said, “I’m very excited about it. It’s pretty crazy to me. We’ve never gotten to work together in front of the camera.

“I have worked with him extensively behind the camera. I think a lot of people are in for a treat.”

Punk also dismissed people who feel he shouldn’t have a mouthpiece.

“Rick Rude didn’t need anyone to talk for him, and Paul Heyman was his manager. Bobby Heenan didn’t need to talk for Ric Flair. Those are two examples of great duos,” said Punk.

“You’ll just have to wait to see what happens.”

Punk also discussed working with Bret Hart two weeks ago on Raw, not addressing Jerry “The King” Lawler’s heart attack that night via Twitter, and wrestlers he sees potential in.
SOURCE

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Tyson Kidd marks might enjoy this excerpt from the full interview:

Punk is continually being linked with various high profile superstars as his next big opponent, such as The Rock, Steve Austin and Brock Lesnar.

But he insists that while big matches are great, he sees numerous WWE athletes as exciting potential opponents.

He added: “I want to wrestle everybody.

“I think we’ve got a great crop of young talent that are itching to get to where I’m at, to where John Cena’s at. I could name names — a lot of them are in FCW.

“There are guys like Tyson Kidd, on the main roster. I think he’s fantastic. You hear things like ‘Oh, he’s too small’ and ridiculous stuff like that.

"They said the same stuff about me. It’s the same stuff they said about Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart.

“I would like to wrestle a guy like Tyson.”

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
"have worked with him extensively behind the camera. I think a lot of people are in for a treat.”

Punk also dismissed people who feel he shouldn’t have a mouthpiece.

“Rick Rude didn’t need anyone to talk for him, and Paul Heyman was his manager. Bobby Heenan didn’t need to talk for Ric Flair. Those are two examples of great duos,” said Punk.

“You’ll just have to wait to see what happens.”

Awesome.

calster33

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
yahoo.com
:yay: Thanks for putting that up Derpy-gave me an awful lot to think about and also kind of made me figure out a few things.

What he said about Cena(big smile sneaking across my face as if saying "AHA!I see what you're doing-I get it,give the people a good show on the outside-but keep quiet about the "Real Truth Of It"inside,in other words" MACHO OUTSIDE,but different inside-if you know what I mean.

Don't worry,the secret is safe Punk-lol,besides,who would I tell?I don't talk much except when I'm on here-lol.

As for The Heyman thing-I get what you're doing-but you also are very well aware of how I feel about that-so I'm choosing and I think it better if I don't say anything else,just keep my opinions to myself,biting my tongue like I said I would.

I have heard what you said and have given it some major thought and I get it okay? but learning how to get use to liking somebody that is a Hateful character is not going to be easy-you gotta remember-I've always been into Good VERSUS EVIL and have never been much into " THE MAN OR THE CHARACTER YOU LOVE TO HATE"-lol.
Give me some time-I'll adjust-lol. It just won't always be easy-lol,but I'm learning and I told you and gave you my word as a fan I am not going anywhere.
But be patient with me-this is a big adjustment and change for me-lol.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nice read, interesting points about character changes and the mouthpiece part as well.