CM Punk going for tag team gold?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

I'm guessing Punk forms some sort of face stable to try and counter the 3rd generation stable that is likely to form.

Most likely, Punk, Kingston, and Cryme Tyme.

He basically has to form a stable to stay competitive in this fued. Are we suppose to believe that Punk is on the same level as Orton? Let alone Orton and three other guys?

Punk isn't Cena, nor should they make him into Cena. He can't take on a whole locker room by himself.

Airfixx

^^^Good post. All that needs to be said.

....and if this does happen it's gonna be so fuckin' sweet!

[At CM54: Sorry dude. Not allowed to rep you again so soon.]

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm guessing Punk forms some sort of face stable to try and counter the 3rd generation stable that is likely to form.

Most likely, Punk, Kingston, and Cryme Tyme.

He basically has to form a stable to stay competitive in this fued. Are we suppose to believe that Punk is on the same level as Orton? Let alone Orton and three other guys?

Punk isn't Cena, nor should they make him into Cena. He can't take on a whole locker room by himself.
My exact thoughts the second I saw this thread. Damn you for clicking it first, lol.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I woudl like to say that this was first reported by moi. And I did not need someone to tell me, it was pretty intuitive.

MikeRaw

I wouldn't mind him tagging with kofi, as long as it's short term. This feud could have some solid matche, and hopefully some decent promos.

chessarmy

I'd be happy with a Punk/Colt tag team but lets be honest, CM Punk forming a tag team will pretty much be a step back for him. The World Tag Titles really don't mean anything, so it will probably be a step back for his career. I think he should just continue his feud with Randy Orton, its actually starting to get interesting

monkeystyle

Reaction score
All of you are aware that this is probably a good thing for Punk right?

Otherwise Punk would go right into a feud with Orton, which he would clearly lose, as they will not job Orton on his return.

Logical thinking people. Not ZOMG!!1111! My favourite wrestler is not getting everything I think he should have!!!1111!!11

Airfixx

^^^Plus, heading up your own 'faction' against one of the feds biggest stars is hardly a step down for someone who's still not quite a bonafide ME-er.

Imagine DX v The Nation, but ALL business (rather than being heavily laced with humour.)

I'll be so into this if it goes down... Having a 'mini-gang war' will be sick, not to mention make for a damn good angle for Survivor Series!

noumenon

Agreed, this really wouldn't be a bad thing for Punk at all. Seeing as Punk being pushed into the main event scene as WHC was pretty much just a filler position to cover for the gaps the draft left. I'm just not sure who they could put with Punk that would really fit with him. Orton and Priceless really do go together...simply because Dibiase and Rhoades have their heads planted pretty firmly in the ass of a young Orton character. I'm not sure Kofi and Cryme Tyme would really be a snug fit with Punk. This whole feud would have worked a lot been with Cena IMO as I'm sure it was originally intentioned to be. Man Punk is pretty much Raws place holder isn't he? lol

Austin_316

Reaction score
Making his own little faction against this faction that Orton will most probably form would be interesting. I wanna see who would be in it, i can see Kofi Kingston in it but not sure who else. Cryme Time could be instrumental but they seem to just lose all the time except squash matches. It may be good for Punk so that means it would be a distraction for him taking him away from the WHC meaning JBL and Batista could have their shots.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
when a writer left the company, he said that Orton/PUnk was the plan for WM25, it could be true, I think we'll have a classical survivor series match in november, I don't know you, but I really like this feud

paRtyliKearOckstar

Reaction score
All of you are aware that this is probably a good thing for Punk right?

Otherwise Punk would go right into a feud with Orton, which he would clearly lose, as they will not job Orton on his return.

Logical thinking people. Not ZOMG!!1111! My favourite wrestler is not getting everything I think he should have!!!1111!!11

He doesn't have to win the feud to help him out. The fact that he is wrestling against a credible enough thing for him to be doing, and even if he just wins 1 of 3 matches, let's say, he beat a man who was the champ for 6 months, which would be more credible than anything he did in his title reign.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The general lacklusterness of his title reign, and him looking somewhat weak is exactly why he should not feud with anyone whom he doesn't cleanly go over.