CM Punk fired from AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
When sadly the only one who can fix him is himself, and when he doesn’t think he’s the problem, well he sadly won’t.
Indeed. I am all for being hopeful and positives but I just take a bit of issue with this ''oh he's just gonna come back to WWE and it'll be 0 issue because WWE can control and are the best'' like jfc this dude just assaulted his boss and you're already foaming at the mouth to having him on your ''team''. Like are people's conclusion from this seriously that AEW is the problem? I genuinely would love to know :p

200w.gif

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Ain’t no fixing him.

He’s grown.

Vince can just contain him better than Tony could

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Vince isn't even there right now, he's being investigated. Have you all forgotten they fired him last time and in fact, did not control him and it ended up in a big public lawsuit?

This dude gets offended by literally everything these days, Vince ain't controlling shit from his house and HHH has a fucking pacemaker. What the fuck are they actually gonna do?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
now, if the argument is that WWE has more personnel and experience in place to cater to a guy like Punks ego, then maybe I would agree with that. The question is would they actually pamper this guy given his reputation with his last employer and with his peers. Would the juice be worth the proverbial squeeze. These are more than valid questions to ask and discuss. I just don't really get this blind faith stuff.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
just one last thing and I'll stfu about it

I don't think folks who didn't watch his run in AEW really understand how much TK gave to this guy. They rolled out the red carpet, was the focus of every show he was on and won the world title twice despite injury. When he got suspended, they gave him his own show with veto powers. He still raged out.

WWE literally will not offer all of this, I think we can all agree with this. So outside of just money, which Punk was making a LOT of in AEW...What exactly do you guys think WWE can offer Punk to make him happy? They are never going to push him higher on the card than he was in AEW. They are not making him the focus of RAW or SDL. So again outside of money, how exactly would WWE plan on keeping this dude happier than he was in AEW? Legit question because I have not seen an answer anywhere on this. Unless you actually think that WWE would throw him in the main event and feature him as the headliner for a tv show. Which if you believe that then I guess we are at an impasse because that would be fucking insanity imo lol

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Kevin Nash said it best :
“Honest to God, this is in all seriousness, what takes from this whole thing is he needs serious help. He needs mental health…When it becomes destructive, when there’s a chance this costs you millions of dollars, and you just continue to push and push and push.”

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Speaking on his Talk Is Jericho podcast, Chris Jericho addressed Punk's departure.

"I don't want to dwell on this or talk about, but I should address it. CM Punk, no longer with AEW, Wembley was his last match, which what a way to go out if you're going to go out. I did speak to him, briefly, I was going to do a frankensteiner off the top, and I know that he does that sometimes, so I was curious if he was going to do it. I went and talked to him for a bit, asked if he was going to do it, he wasn't. I told him I was going to do the GTS, with a straight face, and I think for a second he thought that I was going to. I was joking, of course. I did see him that day. It's a regretful moment, what happened, but Tony Khan made his decision. CM Punk was a big part of AEW from the time he was here and if you're going to go out, he went out on top by having this big match with Samoa Joe in a sold out stadium. That's my thoughts on that," said Jericho.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Speaking on his Talk Is Jericho podcast, Chris Jericho addressed Punk's departure.

"I don't want to dwell on this or talk about, but I should address it. CM Punk, no longer with AEW, Wembley was his last match, which what a way to go out if you're going to go out. I did speak to him, briefly, I was going to do a frankensteiner off the top, and I know that he does that sometimes, so I was curious if he was going to do it. I went and talked to him for a bit, asked if he was going to do it, he wasn't. I told him I was going to do the GTS, with a straight face, and I think for a second he thought that I was going to. I was joking, of course. I did see him that day. It's a regretful moment, what happened, but Tony Khan made his decision. CM Punk was a big part of AEW from the time he was here and if you're going to go out, he went out on top by having this big match with Samoa Joe in a sold out stadium. That's my thoughts on that," said Jericho.

After the scrum that's more polite than I expected him to be about it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
lol basically just said “his last match was great” and ended it at that

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I thought Castagnoli was the one from Switzerland, not Jericho
:sid

• Haha
Reactions: Storm Trooper

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He took the high road while implying subtlety Punk should retire. I love it.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze