CM Punk fired from AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah that's a good way to poison the fuck out of your lockeroom if he is there every week

Reactions: Y2Jayne

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Real question for you WWE only folks

You say he would be better controlled but how would you really stop him from going on Instagram or Twitter n unload at any time? Are you going to give in to his every demand? Because that's what aew did. I think it's extremely naïve and cocky to think a) he won't do it to you and b) that he will be satisfied not being the guy for long

Well for one it's not ran by a guy he believes to be a push over or a buddy?

I think with Punk and Tony he really thought he was untouchable. Sure claims will be made he got suspeneded but if I get suspended for only the duration of my injury am I really suspended? Then I get brought back and welcomed with a new show?

You're never going to control Instagram or Twitter, but I'd rather have him going off on one of those then on live TV. But I feel like things regulating social media are likely in every WWE contract (even more so after the Mandy stuff). I think he'd also know that WWE Lawyers would be ready to sue him for anything he did that could warrant it which again I feel like was not something that was going to happen in AEW.

I guess to sum that question up it goes back to AEW is new and still finding footing, where WWE has things setup having had situations in the past. It's also possible that this firing is a wake up call in a sense. If he were to go back anywhere he'd know he's got to be on his best behavior or his legacy is ruined everywhere without a chance of ever making good on it?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well for one it's not ran by a guy he believes to be a push over or a buddy?

I think with Punk and Tony he really thought he was untouchable. Sure claims will be made he got suspeneded but if I get suspended for only the duration of my injury am I really suspended? Then I get brought back and welcomed with a new show?

You're never going to control Instagram or Twitter, but I'd rather have him going off on one of those then on live TV. But I feel like things regulating social media are likely in every WWE contract (even more so after the Mandy stuff). I think he'd also know that WWE Lawyers would be ready to sue him for anything he did that could warrant it which again I feel like was not something that was going to happen in AEW.

I guess to sum that question up it goes back to AEW is new and still finding footing, where WWE has things setup having had situations in the past. It's also possible that this firing is a wake up call in a sense. If he were to go back anywhere he'd know he's got to be on his best behavior or his legacy is ruined everywhere without a chance of ever making good on it?
I don't disagree with any of you your points - would only say that I think Punk is never going to change and has never shown any capacity to do so at any point in his career - he has in fact only gotten worse with age.

I think WWE would have more stability and things in place to punish him if he stepped out of line - I just don't think it would stop him from doing so anyways and the result would be the same.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Real question for you WWE only folks

You say he would be better controlled but how would you really stop him from going on Instagram or Twitter n unload at any time? Are you going to give in to his every demand? Because that's what aew did. I think it's extremely naïve and cocky to think a) he won't do it to you and b) that he will be satisfied not being the guy for long

Well, a lot of us "WWE only" guys saw this year's ago. Some of us even said similar stuff would happen in AEW, but "AEW Only" fans were all like "Naw fam, won't happen here" . Then it did happen, and even on a more serious scale. Difference is, he was beating up the Elite and knew better than to try Kane / Undertaker / Brock. I wouldn't bring him back. Doesn't seem like many WWE / NXT wrestlers would want him back neither. Dude even almost got his head smashed in when he was in OVW by Tony Atlas due to being disrespectful.

Sucks it happened. But now it's time just to let him fade out of wrestling. He can still do his cameos in TV shows and make cash due to his name value. He also did a good job in his role in Mayans MC.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
on a side note - I do think it could also push people that were slam dunk re-signs to consider going to AEW instead of having to deal with this guy. Now obviously that's more an opinion than fact but ya - I think you would ''potentially'' risk alienating certain talent like KO and Seth as quick examples - who right now are considered lifers but making their lives more annoying might open the door for at least a conversation with Tony when contract time comes along.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Honestly Punk would have to humble himself and sincerely apologize to all the stars in the locker room who don’t like him and swear that he’ll be on his best behavior and that he wants to be one of the boys again. Problem is there’s no chance that’ll happen lmao. At best, if WWE hires him back he’ll just maintain a professional relationship with the locker room but will stay out of their way but I don’t think that’ll be good enough for most people.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
As far as the Hall of Fame goes, maybe. But it will be until 41 when he goes in at the earliest, because he’s gonna headline when he goes in, and if who I think goes in at 40 goes in, Punk isn’t gonna headline 40.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
gi4s79pv3gmb1.jpg

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Genuinely curious but who are all these stars who supposedly don't want him back, or are we just making vague guesses.

Only name I can recently recount is Seth. Obviously there was something there with Miz and I think Corey had a weird social media episode about him years ago.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
It would depend on how long of a deal he signed but I actually see a world where's he on TV pretty much every single week.

There is no chance he does a full time WWE schedule

Edit: Cody, Rollins, Owens and AJ Styles I think all have their own issues with him

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
If by full time schedule you mean house shows aswell then I agree

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
No I mean weekly TV. Punk I don't think mentally he could handle the WWE road schedule full time or would want to at all

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
There is no chance he does a full time WWE schedule

Edit: Cody, Rollins, Owens and AJ Styles I think all have their own issues with him
Roman has never had anything nice to say about him either. Seth and Roman are also best friends with.....Jon Moxley who has plenty of reasons to dislike mr Brookes.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Miz definitely does
The only way they should bring him back is if they make it in his contract he has to do all Saudi shows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro