CM Punk fired from AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

my sarcasm meter broke from this one :heston Guess we’ll see if this ages well(he seems to be saying Punk isn’t actually the problem)

Mark Henry seems like a problem himself , because wtf is this whiney bullshit. Sounds like HE should leave next because this ain't how leaders talk. Him n Jr should hit the fucking bricks , these old ex WWE guys talking down their employer is lame as fuck

• Love
Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
these memes are low grade but I still lold

emp2claa6fmb1.jpg

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Everyone is saying will Triple H bring him back will Vince bring him back. Will Endeavor order them to? Would Endeavor allow it if they wanted to? Yeah he looks like hot garbage but as Eric always said Controversy creates Cash. If you bring him back at Rumble and have his contract expire at Wrestlemania it still adds money to the bottom line. We know fox would love it.

How many people here say they're excited about his shoot? I mean especially if he doesn't speak before a return damn that pop in the crowd and the ratings boost the following weeks.

I think Punk goes to WWE he'd be managed better. He wouldn't have TK there bending over backwards to please him. He'd be outlined what he could and couldn't do (which is a problem with AEW to an extent people going free reign on the mics has caused it's fair share of issues(also unfortunately justifies WWE over scripting)) And if you really wanted to make sure he stayed in line bring him back to face Brock and if he steps out of line Brock would let him know. It's also the perfect way to put anyone over because all they have to do to solidify anyone it make it look like he and Punk have legit heat and have that person win and everyone loves the guy that shut CM Punk up.

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
the thing is - would Punk be happy being controlled? I'm not sure.

I also think that beyond popping a rating, he's a draw but not the draw ppl keep claiming him to be. Yes his merch sales were top, but he was also getting more new shirts with actual good designs and he's a legacy draw. If you look at the ratings (I know, boo me), beyond his initial return from suspension (which was also the debut of a new show to get a boost) his segments don't pop ratings. In fact the only thing that popped a rating was MJF Cole showing up. So yes, he is popular and brings a fanbase...but they don't really translate to viewership bumps or ticket sales.

Not to mention, they already sell out all the time, so what is the point of potentially nuking your locker-room over a few crowd pops and then clearly identifiable diminishing returns.

He will also demand a gigantic salary when you have other people you need to re-sign in the short and medium future.

Would he be beneficial to WWE in a legends - part time deal? sure

Would Punk accept that role and agree to be kept on an even tighter leash - and possibly also look like the world biggest hypocrite? I genuinely don't know

But I do think people want him back more for the drama than anything - and they really should think beyond their fantasy booking before they start convincing themselves this is what they want. People are already excusing the fact he assaulted his boss and pretending what he did in AEW would never happen in WWE because it can and it has in times past.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Really don't see why Endeavor would get involved with it one way or the other tbh.

Reactions: Swamps

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
the thing is - would Punk be happy being controlled? I'm not sure.

I also think that beyond popping a rating, he's a draw but not the draw ppl keep claiming him to be. Yes his merch sales were top, but he was also getting more new shirts with actual good designs and he's a legacy draw. If you look at the ratings (I know, boo me), beyond his initial return from suspension (which was also the debut of a new show to get a boost) his segments don't pop ratings. In fact the only thing that popped a rating was MJF Cole showing up. So yes, he is popular and brings a fanbase...but they don't really translate to viewership bumps or ticket sales.

Not to mention, they already sell out all the time, so what is the point of potentially nuking your locker-room over a few crowd pops and then clearly identifiable diminishing returns.

He will also demand a gigantic salary when you have other people you need to re-sign in the short and medium future.

Would he be beneficial to WWE in a legends - part time deal? sure

Would Punk accept that role and agree to be kept on an even tighter leash - and possibly also look like the world biggest hypocrite? I genuinely don't know

But I do think people want him back more for the drama than anything - and they really should think beyond their fantasy booking before they start convincing themselves this is what they want. People are already excusing the fact he assaulted his boss and pretending what he did in AEW would never happen in WWE because it can and it has in times past.

Would he agree to it? I think so but only because of his AEW departure. I think he was always destined to be back in the ring because I think he legit considres himself to be the best in the world. And his vanity won't allow his reputation to be tainted (ironic that he just won that award btw) I think for WWE short term contract would be the only way to go with potential to extend for all the reasons we already know.

Is he worth the money? I think that just depends on the length of the contract and what the end goal would be. If you used him to create a new star and then give him a final match assuming the star is actually made sure it has the potential. You also have outside thing to consider like is Saudi Arabia big on Punk cause what would they be willing to pay for him to be at a Crown Jewel? Could the expenses get covered in another way.

In short I think it's plausible it happens I think they'll definitely have serious talks. Will it happen? I think if it's going to it'll be sooner than later. The longer they wait the less reason to do such. Do I want it too? I don't think so. I was a punk fan, but I can see him on Heels on Starz and that's just as good for me. I don't think they'd use him in a way that would be worth the effort. But I think if they did it'd be fire.

@Dale Why would Endeavor get involved? Why was WB so involved when it came to Punk? I think Endeavor has even more reason to be involved. WWE will be their new shiny toy and would you want your new shiny toy having this dumpster fire CM Punk featured alternatively you know CM Punk is being talked about everywhere and it's more eyes on how you as a brand new owner are shaking things up it's a big stamp on this is us now, we don't live in the past.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah my counterpoint to all that is he thinks he is the best in the world but WWE has ZERO incentive to push him as such and I really don't think they would trust him with a major title. Why would they. He is never beating Roman. At best he beats Seth but I am also not convinced he would do business for him. I am also not really sure Cody wants anything to do with that guy. I think people really, really underestimate how many people are friends with a lot of people at AEW, including the bucks. in fact, especially the bucks. Not to mention the poeple Punk pissed off before and after he left WWE. I don't bnelieve this destiny bullshit either fwiw

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The fact that AEW were known as the cool company who gave the wrestlers freedom to do whatever they wanted.
Now look, it came back to bite them in the ass :kobe3

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
tl dr - Punk will want to be pushed as the guy wherever he goes and I don't think WWE ever would

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The fact that AEW were known as the cool company who gave the wrestlers freedom to do whatever they wanted.
Now look, it came back to bite them in the ass :kobe3
they still made their money. I think Punk being fired speaks about Punk, not AEW.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah my counterpoint to all that is he thinks he is the best in the world but WWE has ZERO incentive to push him as such and I really don't think they would trust him with a major title. Why would they. He is never beating Roman. At best he beats Seth but I am also not convinced he would do business for him. I am also not really sure Cody wants anything to do with that guy. I think people really, really underestimate how many people are friends with a lot of people at AEW, including the bucks. in fact, especially the bucks. Not to mention the poeple Punk pissed off before and after he left WWE. I don't bnelieve this destiny bullshit either fwiw

Not a bad counterpoint at all. I just don't see him staying away this time. FPJ making his company happen with Punk lol. Is that even still a thing?

Also you know what the worst part of CM Punk doing all this shit everywhere...

Now we'll never get an AJ return. If she'd ever considered it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Not a bad counterpoint at all. I just don't see him staying away this time. FPJ making his company happen with Punk lol. Is that even still a thing?

Also you know what the worst part of CM Punk doing all this shit everywhere...

Now we'll never get an AJ return. If she'd ever considered it.
I'm shocked he even let's her out of the house. Those ''I like her thick'' comments were pretty weird in retrospect now. But I digress.

Nah I don't think that FPJ thing will even happen. I think Impact will take 3rd spot eventually still.

Another ''issue'' that is against Punk is that WWE are the only ppl who can afford him now so he has no contract leverage with them doing record numbers already.

As an aside, I hope Punk stays away for his own mental health. I don't see a return to WWE ending any different than AEW or the last time in WWE - with him taking his ball and going home for wtv offended him this time around. He was happier outside the business than in it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
they still made their money. I think Punk being fired speaks about Punk, not AEW.
Yeah but I feel like he acted like that because of the AEW culture and remember: Punk isn’t the only guy that has tried to go into business for himself and/or started fights

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm shocked he even let's her out of the house. Those ''I like her thick'' comments were pretty weird in retrospect now. But I digress.

Nah I don't think that FPJ thing will even happen. I think Impact will take 3rd spot eventually still.

Another ''issue'' that is against Punk is that WWE are the only ppl who can afford him now so he has no contract leverage with them doing record numbers already.

As an aside, I hope Punk stays away for his own mental health. I don't see a return to WWE ending any different than AEW or the last time in WWE - with him taking his ball and going home for wtv offended him this time around. He was happier outside the business than in it.
He got her a guest spot on Heels also so at least she got a week or two out.

Is Impact not the 3rd now? I was trying to come up with a way he could go to Impact. And yeah unless he gets a stake in the company I don't see that. But he would definitely do them good and spike things for them. Like it's legit the company he would help the most. In the short term at least.