CM Punk DVD Greenlighted

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I can. Punks run, with some exceptions (heel turn on Hardy, this past summer with Cena) has been ok. If it was a career retrospective filled with his RoH shit, then I drop the 25 bucks or whatever the E is askin for DVDs these days. Matches I would pay to see:

strap match with Umaga
Cena classic
Ladder match with Hardy
His two MITB wins (just because they are fun spotfests)
His match from this past Raw against Dragon

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I don't think it's just going to be a WWE career-retrospective. I think he's going to "shoot" on it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I was just wondering the other night if anyone else has noticed they stopped the pipe-bomb shit and haven't really had him say much on controversial nature since his shit with Hunter. He's still probably your best promo in the E, but I wonder wtf happened to stop the edginess of his gimmick? But I'm hoping he and Jericho knock this shit out of the park...

Airfixx

Reaction score
Not quite so 'edgy' as thee shoot, but Punk's been shitting on Ace from a great height of late (particularly the one where he started by saying "allow me to be your psychologist....." and it certainly didn't strike me that those promos were WWE-scripted.

As for the DVD, I agree with Enzo... Once leaving WECW (the highlights of which being vs Chavo & Morrison), Punk's face run was extremely unremarkable. Gonna be a real patchy DVD if it's little more than a match comp.

As for a career retrospective some time in the future, I wonder... Would ROH agree to free up the footage in order for such a thing to be made....

Anyone recall seeing ROH footage on a WWE DVD release before?

...god...

Reaction score
I can. Punks run, with some exceptions (heel turn on Hardy, this past summer with Cena) has been ok. If it was a career retrospective filled with his RoH shit, then I drop the 25 bucks or whatever the E is askin for DVDs these days. Matches I would pay to see:

strap match with Umaga
Cena classic
Ladder match with Hardy
His two MITB wins (just because they are fun spotfests)
His match from this past Raw against Dragon
wat? Pretty much anything this man did in 09 to early 10 was the best part of the company, along with what Jericho was doing, and EXTREMELY overlooked because it was mainly done on shitty SD. This DVD is PERFECT to showcase that stuff, even though he was a heel then so it won't go over as much, I do hope he shows a lot of the SES stuff because that was his best work in the WWE. And your insane if you think his feud with Rey, which was probably his top 3 best feud isn't in there. I guarantee one of their matches will be or that epic promo where he sings Rey's daughter happy birthday, talk about memorable.

also, my dad? WTF.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
^I was just wondering the other night if anyone else has noticed they stopped the pipe-bomb shit and haven't really had him say much on controversial nature since his shit with Hunter. He's still probably your best promo in the E, but I wonder wtf happened to stop the edginess of his gimmick? But I'm hoping he and Jericho knock this shit out of the park...

I'm hoping for some solid Jericho/Punk interaction as well.

As to the pipebomb stuff, I'm glad they stopped it. It got him the attention he needed at the time but it wore on and I'm assuming that 95% of the people missed most of the references anyway.

I think it was Mark Madden who mentioned that the "pipebombs" were hurting Punk because he was playing at a level that nobody else was so while he was standing out it was more hurting him than helping him.

...god...

Reaction score
You forgot bcus you're a fucking idiot. And lost most of your brain cells to drugs.

Also, the contract signing promo Punk/Cena had was AWESOME rewatched that earlier, I do miss some of that stuff but Punk's still doing a fairly good job with some of his stuff. You assume he's probably far more limited than say Rock is.

Reaction score
Are you saying i think he's limited? I never said such a thing. I dont thing hes been the god he was on the indy scene, but ive never said such a thing you jericho dick riding, camel fucker.

...god...

Reaction score
no idiot it was completely irrelevant. I was just saying, you, in general speaking about the viewers (all of us) would.

antichrist713

Reaction score
Cant wait, gotta have it no matter what the dvd has on it.