CM Punk Could Turn Back Babyface After Wrestlemania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think the company was doing better when he was a face. Maybe i'm wrong, but does anyone know how the ratings were before he turned heel? Also you can't look at the ratings recently because of the rock. Maybe slightly before the rock returns compared to that time. I haven't look it up, so I could be way off base, but the product seemed better when punk was face.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Danielson said:
I think the company was doing better when he was a face. Maybe i'm wrong, but does anyone know how the ratings were before he turned heel? Also you can't look at the ratings recently because of the rock. Maybe slightly before the rock returns compared to that time. I haven't look it up, so I could be way off base, but the product seemed better when punk was face.

I think it's interesting to note that he turned heel just as the three-hour shows started, they had a certain effect on the product.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Leo C said:
I think it's interesting to note that he turned heel just as the three-hour shows started, they had a certain effect on the product.

Yeah, that is true. The ratings will be skewed across the board because of that. Good spot Leo. I guess it's really a preference then, since it will be hard to have concrete proof.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Danielson said:
Yeah, that is true. The ratings will be skewed across the board because of that. Good spot Leo. I guess it's really a preference then, since it will be hard to have concrete proof.

True, I, particularly, thought his face run was getting very stale near the end and so was his face character, I don't think his turn would cause such a difference to the product as a whole.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Leo C said:
True, I, particularly, thought his face run was getting very stale near the end and so was his face character, I don't think his turn would cause such a difference to the product as a whole.

I agree, his value is going to remain the same either way. I just enjoyed him more as a face myself.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Danielson said:
I agree, his value is going to remain the same either way. I just enjoyed him more as a face myself.

Yeah, although stale I didn't find his face character as boring as most people.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Leo C said:
Yeah, although stale I didn't find his face character as boring as most people.

I think the tweener role suited him best. When he turned heel on the rock, say he instead just made it a me vs rock thing. Kind of like cena did, now that puts fans in a conundrum. Who do you root for? A guy that works his ass off, week after week, without being that heel, or The epic Rock? I think a lot would have stayed loyal to punk, making the RR extremely epic for the crowd.

Cena has so much hate for him, that you seen mostly people cheering for the Rock at mania. I'm not sure Punk vs Rock would have been the same in a similar predicament

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Danielson said:
I think the tweener role suited him best. When he turned heel on the rock, say he instead just made it a me vs rock thing. Kind of like cena did, now that puts fans in a conundrum. Who do you root for? A guy that works his ass off, week after week, without being that heel, or The epic Rock? I think a lot would have stayed loyal to punk, making the RR extremely epic for the crowd.

Cena has so much hate for him, that you seen mostly people cheering for the Rock at mania. I'm not sure Punk vs Rock would have been the same in a similar predicament

Yeah, Punk works very well as a heel but the tweener role is the one that fits him best, I agree. Him pulling people to cheer for him solely by the work ethic and talent against the people who go for Rock would indeed be a treat to watch.

Reactions: Danielson

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Bawh Gawd all these glorious ideas! :yay:

Mixing Kevin's and Ryan's ideas together man.. Awesome.

Punk attacking Heyman on RAW and Lesnar coming out to set up ER..

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If I decide to do a BTB around Mania time, I'm letting you know now, I'm so stealing this idea, well at least parts of it. I won't say how much I would in case I decide to do it. So obviously, I'm not against this idea.

Mizfit

Jobber
Reaction score
I've been thinking that he would. but what about the fued with stone cold? If that match does happen, He would probably go from heel to face and back to heel again. He wants to retire and If I'm not mistaken he will be next year, of course, I can see cm punk going out as a heel for some reason.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Mizfit said:
I've been thinking that he would. but what about the fued with stone cold? If that match does happen, He would probably go from heel to face and back to heel again. He wants to retire and If I'm not mistaken he will be next year, of course, I can see cm punk going out as a heel for some reason.

Stone Cold has had a surgery this year, although he should be better I think they would reserve that Punk/Austin match for next year because they already have Rock/Cena. It would be an awesome card to have both, but I don't think they'll do it right now.

Punk'll definitely be the heel for Punk/Austin and if he is to retire it'll be after that match, which will undoubtedly take place at Wrestlemania.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Going back to the possibility of a Punk/Brock match, it would be neat to see it happen at Wrestlemania instead of Extreme Rules.

Perhaps Punk and Heyman's relationship becomes strained with Punk losing the belt at the Rumble to the Rock, and then losing again the following month at Elimination Chamber as well. The Punk/Heyman duo officially dissolves the next night, with Heyman smacking Punk and telling him he should be better than the Rock but that he's dropped the ball twice now and so Punk lays him out, just as I said in my original post. But then the following week on Raw, Heyman calls Punk out to the ring because he says an apology is in order, but when Punk gets out there, he finds that Heyman expects an apology for Punk for attacking him, rather than the other way around. When Punk refuses to issue an apology to Heyman, he says he has no choice then but for Punk to pay the price, and then Brock Lesnar comes out of nowhere and attacks and destroys Punk. This sets up a feud for Wrestlemania, with Heyman's two guys competing against each other, and Brock putting over Punk.

The only problem with this is that it kinda leaves HHH and Undertaker hanging and I'm left wondering what they'd do, although I feel HHH might just sit out this year's WM anyway. Also, Punk isn't turning face anytime soon (he works better as a heel anyway, although he can still have his assholish personality even as a baby face without much change except to be feuding mainly with heels) with Del Rio and the Miz and maybe even Ziggler turning face. But this would be a great way to turn him and have him feud with Brock IF he did turn face.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Danielson said:

Agreed that the tweener role suited him best, but he was really only tweener until NOC when Triple H knocked him off and then he became face. I think the Rock knockout would have been a way to ephasize the tweener role if he had strictly gone after the Rock and didn't do that respect thing.

I do think Punk'll have some support at the rumble, but not as much as he could have had if he had been tweener instead of full heel.