Promos Close Encounters of the Cole-Kind: Primetime Epilogue

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Untitled80_20191107192038.png

Fading in from black, the first thing shown is a vertical gold name plate saying "Darius Wright". Zooming out shows the full beauty of the LDW Championship laying on the right shoulder of its second and newest holder, the man known as Patriot. Still in his Captain America themed pants and boots, along with his sleeveless red "Hertz' Donuts" tee. His matching wrist wraps tucked into the belted waistband. And while his walk through the backstage hallway shows him slightly limping, the smile on his face tells his true emotion. Joy.

Stage hands and crew are seen scurrying around, trying to clean up the venue before it gets too late. He ducks under a giant cutout of Darius Wright being held up by two men. Laughing slightly from his victory high as he ducks under it. One of the workers call out to him.

Worker: Hey, congrats on the win champ!

The champion replies quickly.

Patriot: 'preciate it! You guys need any help?

The two workers chuckle before declining his offer politely, continuing their job. Leaving Patriot to continue his own walk.

Further down the hall it’s nearly the opposite atmosphere as on an orange wooden bench, Reagan Cole sits with his phone in his hand, clearly trying to phone someone. Each ring is agonising as Reagan sits there staring at the floor before him.

Reagan: “Come on Vendetta...come on, man. I need you right now. I really need you.”

And at last the voice of the automated system comes through which leads to Reagan hanging up, putting it back in his pocket.. Reagan sighs in frustration and he puts both of his hands behind his neck. His attempt at getting answers went nowhere and he just has more questions. He reaches for his water bottle nearby and takes a major gulp out of it by placing it on the ground in front of him.

Now nearing the end of the hall, where the media room is situated, the newly crowned champion sees Reagan sitting there alone. His victory high mindset now remembering what had happened with their friend. His walk slows as he gets closer, clearing his throat when he nears.

Patriot: Hey man, look I'm uh … I'm sorry that Nova didn't exactly give you the answer you were looking for tonight. I don't know what our "wonderful" bosses did to her, but whatever it is … it's not natural.

Reagan looks up and sees Patriot standing there ...With the LDW Championship over his shoulder. Reagan clearly didn’t watch the match where Patriot won the same championship that Reagan failed to get just one show prior because he was so confused about the Nova situation that he has been pondering about it for nearly the entire night. So this new sight takes Reagan completely off guard but thankfully he’s able to come back to his senses before Patriot can finish.

Reagan: “erm, yeah...you can definitely say it’s not natural. I don’t know what’s happened to her but I will bring her to reality no matter what...Nothing seems right, I should have been there. I knew what was happening, I knew she was coming close to the edge. I just thought she would be able to realign herself before doing something dangerous and here I am, watching my closest friend in the company turn her back on everything that made Nova, Nova!

The guilt remains as Reagan takes time to breathe before coming back into the zone

Reagan:...But tonight you shouldn’t be worrying about that. You should be focusing on that new belt! Congrats, man!

Reagan stands up and hugs Patriot with some nice pats on the back, it should be noted that Reagan hugged him so Reagan’s face was right next to the title, before recoiling. The two separate as the breath marks left by Cole fade. Patriot adjusts the title.

Patriot: Hey, don't think that I don't care about what's happened. She's my friend too. So know that I'm gonna do whatever I can to pry her from Bass' hands.

The champion gives a reassuring smile. Reagan gives one back for only a second before going back to his previous expression.

Reagan: Good to see I have backup in this, at least. You’re a good man, Patriot. You’re a good man. So….who’s the woman? I saw you two interact backstage before. I haven’t seen her around.

Patriot: Oh, yeah. Her name's Alexandra Marie. She's a little … shady … but she came in clutch tonight handling Stacey Keys the way she did. Honestly don't know if I would've won at all without her out there. I guess I owe her one.

Reagan: Well I mean if she got you that belt then she must be a keeper.

The pair share a chuckle but a detail missed by Patriot, is Reagan biting his bottom lip like he really wants to say anything but he keeps it in.

Patriot: Now I dunno about th-

Suddenly a woman's voice blares out further down the hallway.

Photographer: PATRIOT! We need you to take your shots now more than later! Hurry up over there!

Patriot grits his teeth and looks in the direction of the media room. Motioning over to it nervously.

Patriot: I gotta… I'm sorry man. Hit me up later though alright?

Photographer: HURRY UP!

Reagan goes to speak but decides to give a simple head nod, letting the champion attend his "ceremony". Eyeing the gold as he leaves. Leaving Reagan with his thoughts once again with the new knowledge that now Patriot, not Darius Wright, has the belt. The belt Reagan fought so hard to capture and a week later, Patriot gets it because of this new Marie person.More questions come into Reagan’s mind. What did Reagan mess up that Patriot got perfectly? Was it the help of Alexandra Marie? Was BTG and the fact that it was a triple threat a factor? Was Darius still injured from his match with Reagan? Did Reagan weaken him so that Patriot could steal the victory? All these questions flood into Reagan’s mind which already has way too many questions currently inside.

Reagan runs both of his hands through his hair before letting his aggression get the better of him and he suddenly kicks the water bottle mentioned previously in the promo with all his strength, and the water bottle goes flying. Only to land just by the feet of the production workers at the start who are shocked to say the least. But Reagan just stands there as he watches the bottle roll before it comes to a stop before Reagan storms off screen which brings our segment to a close.

Mentions/Notes:
@The Reagmaster - Always great working with you man
@Dark Maniax - She is a lil shady lol
@Beavie - Nova + Reagan + Patriot = Kickass Stable?... okay, just know we gonna help her
@King Of Armageddon - The OG Champ. Hope I do you justice my man
@Jonny Nostradamus - You're tearing me apart Lisa!!