Classy statement by WWE refering to AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
WWE staff congratulated the sucessful premiere of Khan's promotion with an official statement released after the first 1on1 Wednesday night war:
Congratulations to AEW on a successful premiere. The real winners of last night’s head-to-head telecasts of NXT on USA Network and AEW on TNT are the fans, who can expect Wednesday nights to be a competitive and wild ride as this is a marathon, not a one-night sprint.

It is always nice to see two rivals being respectful towards each other and hopefully this battle remains being fought in that manner.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
In my opinion they were still being as respectful as possible, even if they said in a fake way. You’re not really supposed to say that you undisputedly lost in this situation. Repackage it into a “fan win” and that’s it.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
They could just, idk, shut up and do their own thing

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
They saw AEW murdered them in the ratings before the numbers were released. They were embarrassed so they sent out that fake ass statement.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I dunno, I lean more towards Crow's viewpoint. NXT losing is not as big a deal as if it were Smackdown or Raw. It was much nicer than anything they said about WCW when they were getting beat,

Reactions: white crow

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen