• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Classic WWF game coming back

Weebo

t's Friday and we're all still reeling from the news that NPD numbers won't be gracing us in the weeks ahead, but as the latest issue of EGM falls into subscriber hands, the Quartermann's able to bring you the latest rumors. And lest we forget, Quartermann was right on the money about Bionic Commando.

This month, an old rumor resurfaces in a new form, as BioShock is apparently back on for PlayStation 3. Previously, it'd been speculated that Microsoft tied up 2K Games' aquatic adventure as an exclusive, but there's a change in the tide, as the world of Rapture may be Cell-enabled in 2008, after all.

And while Metal Gear fans are pouting over the most recent Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots delay, Kojima Productions hasn't been snoozing about taking the series in other directions. While everyone else is taking their franchises to Nintendo DS, Metal Gear is sticking to PSP, with a brand-new (that's not a spin-off) game headed to the portable, this time taking Snake back to the early days of his career.

We'll leave you with two last tidbits. One, THQ's WWF: No Mercy for the Nintendo 64 is coming back via the WiiWare service with completely updated rosters. Two, the lackluster performance of Sonic the Hedgehog hasn't deterred Sega; they're already hard at work at another "real" Sonic game. 2D, please!

See you next month, and make sure to check out the latest issue of EGM's special holiday "Games Overload" issue, landing in the hands of subscribers any day now.

Dude if it does, then i will have to get a Wii

Kassidy

there is no doubt about it, the wii has some pretty badass games already and if No mercy comes back ill be even happier with my wii.

This Guy

hmmm, going to crack out my copy of No Mercy now count the roster spots and see who we can come up with as a possible roster for an updated version :)

J

I been looking at Wii's latly...and this gives me more insintive...If they do James Bond Goldeneye...Then i'll definitly get one...

This Guy

that one will be tough to release on the virtual consol. The problem is simalar to what made TMNT from NES cost more then normal NES games. Konami the company that made TMNT doesn't own the rights to TMNT anymore therefore they can't rerelease there game. So they had to contact Ubi Soft (who currently has the license) and agree to pay them a royalty fee.

The Goldeneye situation is even tricker. 1) Rare made it and EA currently owns the Bond License. 2) Rare was sold a few years ago by Nintendo to there current owners Microsoft. And although Microsoft is not opposed to limited support of Nintendo product (they and Rare both have games on DS), it would be doubtful that you would ever see Rare get permission from Microsoft to work on a re-release of Goldeneye or even to seek permission for royalties from EA. You are more likely to see Goldeneye get re-released on the X-Box 360 Live Arcade.

J

that one will be tough to release on the virtual consol. The problem is simalar to what made TMNT from NES cost more then normal NES games. Konami the company that made TMNT doesn't own the rights to TMNT anymore therefore they can't rerelease there game. So they had to contact Ubi Soft (who currently has the license) and agree to pay them a royalty fee.

The Goldeneye situation is even tricker. 1) Rare made it and EA currently owns the Bond License. 2) Rare was sold a few years ago by Nintendo to there current owners Microsoft. And although Microsoft is not opposed to limited support of Nintendo product (they and Rare both have games on DS), it would be doubtful that you would ever see Rare get permission from Microsoft to work on a re-release of Goldeneye or even to seek permission for royalties from EA. You are more likely to see Goldeneye get re-released on the X-Box 360 Live Arcade.

Said it before and i'll say ita again...you know your stuff...but yea...I'm looking to get a Wii also becuase i like Nintendo over Microsoft...That why i'd like to see it on there...but know that you put it that way i dought it would happen...but yea back to topic...I still have my No Mercy on 64...Play it every few days and its still awesome...So if they do make it...more reason for me to get a Wii...

This Guy

For sure. It being re-released even as its original form (which I'm sure will happen) would be great. It being re-released with updated rosters (and possibly areneas) would make it even cooler. I'd also love to see them re-release SNES WWE games with updated rosters as well....could be hard seeing as the company that made thoses ones (acclaim) kinda doesn't exist anymore. lol. That and RBI Baseball for the NES with updated rosters would be cool too...all you'd really have to do is just change some of the colours and the names on the screen as all the characters were the same shape and size :)

J

Yeah...I heard they were talking about putting Super Mario 64 out there...That true...I still play that game all the time...Its still awesome...So i hope they do..

Fuck nintendo.
This is all a con to make people be active and lose weight.
Well fuck you big corporations.

They are afraid people will be so fat they won't want to go to the store to buy future products because their fat asses is slowing them down.

J

Fuck nintendo.
This is all a con to make people be active and lose weight.
Well fuck you big corporations.

They are afraid people will be so fat they won't want to go to the store to buy future products because their fat asses is slowing them down.

Congradulations...

...On being the new biggest dumb ass on Iwf...That was so stupid i feel dumber...and that says alot...Can you do me a favor and think before you post...Nintendo is doing it to make games more innovative...

This Guy

^^regaurdless it was still a dumb post because he makes it sound like everyone should want to be fat slobs. Is that because your so dumb ugly there Rawkus that you think that if everyone is fatter then you you might have a shot with the ladies?