Chucky plays Trick or Treat with Rick Steiner, October 1998

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Does anyone else remember this on WCW Thunder in the Fall of 98?

Around the time of the US release of Bride Of Chucky (great film BTW), during Rick Steiner's feud with younger brother Scott, the character of Chucky appeared on the screen, and started bad mouthing the dogface gremlin, telling what brother Scott was going to do to him at Halloween Havoc.

What an odd angle this was right? Caulk it down to just another weird decission WCW made during it's eventful history!;)

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I actually don't remember this but I hate Scott Steiner with a passion and he has to be my least favorite wrestler of all time. Rick was good with the varsity club and decent with Scott but never much by himself.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I remember this, Rick was in the middle of a promo and that stupid doll shows up on the screen talking shit to him. I didn't get it, and still don't get it. Never amounted to anything and didn't even put over the terrible terrible TERRIBLE movie.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Now, now just because you didn't like the angle doesn't make the film shit. And I don't mind going off topic here, because of Bride of Chucky is a favoruite of mine, so how dare you sir!

Out of intertest Scott why is Scott Steiner your most hated Wrestler of all time? I mean clearly he was never the great talent as a singles star he hoped, but I still thought he had a reasonable run, and was pretty convincing as the Big Poppa Pump character. Rick on the other hand was really found out in singles.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I just could never stand the Big Poppa Pump Character. It was annoying way more than amusing and not in a heel way. I liked Scott in the Steiner's but once the tagging ended I more or less despised him. He can't wrestle well anymore either, is very unsafe in the ring, his suplexes at times have looked like they were a few inches away from crippling people and he hasn't been relevant in a long time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Now, now just because you didn't like the angle doesn't make the film shit. And I don't mind going off topic here, because of Bride of Chucky is a favoruite of mine, so how dare you sir!

Wasn't an angle to speak of tbh, I just didn't like the movie, loved the first Child's Play and it generally got worse with each sequel, I don't like horror movies that tunr into comedies. Killed Nightmare on Elm Street and killed Child's Play.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yes, but the point of BOC was that it was making fun of the way the Child's Play films and the character itself had become a laughing stock. So it was more of a satire, with jumps in there, and a bit of romance, so for it is the perfect popcorn film, and stands as a film by itself rather than a Child's Play squal.

Scott I don't think BPP was ever intended as a comedy heel, the fact he was a macho idoit and full of himself came across on screen, and that is why as a heel I did think he was quite effective for a short time. But I agree with you about the Steiners, at their peak, one of the greatest teams ever.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Scott Steiner on the mic was entertaining as anything, mostly because he would start ranting like The Ultimate Warrior and shoot on anything that just happened to piss him off at the time. Nothing wrong with that. His matches were solid until he started getting freaky lumpy and could barely move with all that extra muscle he carried around.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah, his match with HHH at Rumble 03 stands out as an example of just how bad Steiner had become.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
There was a match where he threw out his back just hitting the ropes, just another example of too much muscle. I was surprised he could even go past 5 minutes with all the lactid acid buildup that must've happened due to his sheer muscle mass.